• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/30 - 8/5

Frillen

BishopLamont said:
Sucks to see the Wii slacking behind in Madden preorders, Madden could really propel Wii into new heights.

It should be interesting to see if the Wii version will even crack 100k in August. I remember back in 2004 when Madden NFL 05 launched with the DS. It had potential + it sold over 300k. But then Madden 06 DS ventured on to be one the biggest bombs ever. I think the DS version only sold 10k the first month. This doesn't mean that the second Madden game for the Wii will follow the same path, but I'm worried.

Frillen said:
It should be interesting to see if the Wii version will even crack 100k in August. I remember back in 2004 when Madden NFL 05 launched with the DS. It had potential + it sold over 300k. But then Madden 06 DS ventured on to be one the biggest bombs ever. I think the DS version only sold 10k the first month. This doesn't mean that the second Madden game for the Wii will follow the same path, but I'm worried.

Wow when did Madden 06 release, was it after the DS started to take off or before? If it is the former then it is very worrisome.

jjasper

Stop It said:
Hang on, is that the pre-orders for GH3? I would have never expected Wii to be so high, Nice figures, I also expect MH2 Wii pre-ordersage to shoot up once the game is actually allowed out there :p

I would. This is a big game that hits with the user base of casual players.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jokeropia said:
Wow, I just realized that Wii Sports isn't that far away from outselling every PS2 game except DQVIII.

You're looking at the wrong column. The right column is LTD, and Wii sports is still substantially behind FFX and FFXII as well as DQ8. (Although I expect over its life it will pass all three)

sphinx

the piano man
Stumpokapow said:
You're looking at the wrong column. The right column is LTD, and Wii sports is still substantially behind FFX and FFXII as well as DQ8. (Although I expect over its life it will pass all three)

Even so, wii sports is only 300k-400k away from FFX and FFXII.

Wii sports will comfortably pass those games before 2007 is over.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jokeropia said:
I'm not. Wii Sports is ~300k away (i.e not that far away) from outselling every PS2 game except DQVIII.

To me, 300k is pretty far away even if it's only 4 months for Wii Sports, hence why I assumed you had misread it. My bad.

Jokeropia

No problem. I just think that relatively speaking 2.3 million isn't that far away from 2 million, at least considering that Wii Sports is still selling quite well.

donny2112

Moor-Angol said:
Famitsu top30

2007/07/23 - 07/29

30. (PSP / SCE) Saru Get You: SaruSaru Daisakusen - 12.703 / 12.703

Just to make sure, this can also be translated "Ape Escape: Big Monkey Mission" right?

Also, are you going to look for a Enterbrain Top 500 for 2006 publication while you're in Japan? ;)

Hope you're having fun! :D

donny2112 said:
Just to make sure, this can also be translated "Ape Escape: Big Monkey Mission" right?

Also, are you going to look for a Enterbrain Top 500 for 2006 publication while you're in Japan? ;)

Hope you're having fun! :D
Big Monkey Mission?

Kind of makes me wish I was still a Sony supporter.

Since we know 1m pre-orders officially for Halo 3 maybe we can somewhat accurately get an idea of national pre-order nos. for these other games!
multiply them by ~2,650: (Halo preorder: 377 x 2650 = ~1,000,000)
I've done it for you to get a rough idea of title popularity in the States:

AniHawk said:
DS
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: 88 = 233k (!)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings: 7 = 19k
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword: 4 = 11k
Mega Man ZX Advent: 3 = 8k
Sonic Rush Adventure: 2 = 5k
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games: 1 = <3k
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker: 1 = <3k

Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 61 = 162k
Super Mario Galaxy: 29 = 77k
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 21 = 56k boo ;(
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles: 13 = 34k (already?)
Fire Emblem: 8 = 21k (nice:D)
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games: 7 = 19k
NiGHTS: 5 = 13k

Xbox 360
Halo 3: 377 (204 reg, 33 LE, 140 leg) = 1m (541k, 87k, 371k)
Bioshock: 33 (11 reg, 22 CE) = 87k
Mass Effect: 24 = 64k
Star Wars the Force Unleashed: 17 = 45k
Blue Dragon: 14 = 37k (ruh-roh)
Virtua Fighter 5: 4 (there was ONE for the PS3 when that one was released) = 11k

PSP
God of War: Chains of Olympus: 16 = 42k
Spider-Man 3: 10 = 27k
Gran Turismo: 9 = 24k
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: 6 = 16k
Silent Hill: Origins: 3 = 8k
Final Fantasy Tactics: 3 = 8k
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles: 2 = 5k
Jeanne D'Arc: 1 = <3k

PS3
Lair: 27 = 72k
Heavenly Sword: 18 = 48k
Killzone 2: 4 = 11k :lol
Ratchet & Clank Future: 2 = 5k
Little Big Planet: 1 = <3k

Persona 3: 9 = 24k

Guitar Hero III: 166 (47 Wii, 20 PS3, 50 PS2, 49 360) = 440k (125k, 53k, 133k, 130k)
Madden 2008: 146 (5 DS, 52 360, 9 Wii, 10 Xbox, 21 PS3, 2 PC, 41 PS2, 6 PSP) = 387k (13k, 138k, 24k, 27k, 5k, 109k, 16k)
Grand Theft Auto IV: 71 (49 360, 22 PS3) = 188k (130k, 58k)
Assassin's Creed: 44 (12 PS3, 32 360) = 117k (32k, 85k)
Rock Band: 18 (16 360, 2 PS3) = 48k (42k, 5k)
Manhunt 2: 7 (3 PS2, 2 PSP, 2 Wii) = 19k (8k, 5k, 5k)

ethelred

Square2005 said:
Since we know 1m pre-orders officially for Halo 3 maybe we can somewhat accurately get an idea of national pre-order nos. for these other games!

donny2112

the thoroughbred said:
I'd say it prolly broke even, if not profited.

Depends on if it had a "price collapse."

pricecollapse.jpg

Edit:
Cheesemeister is banned. Does this mean it's back to the old ways of "who can post the weekly Media-Create thread first?" :lol

Defuser

donny2112 said:
Edit:
Cheesemeister is banned. Does this mean it's back to the old ways of "who can post the weekly Media-Create thread first?" :lol
cvxfreak always do the MC way before Cheesemeister took over him.

donny2112

Defuser said:
cvxfreak always do the MC way before Cheesemeister took over him.

No. It was the "old ways" of "who could post the Media-Create thread first." Maybe CoolTrick will get in this time. :lol

cvxfreak

Apparently someone just couldn't take anymore FFVIII bashing. :lol

Don't worry. If he's still banned then, I'll take care of the MC charts as always.

AniHawk

Square2005 said:

Wow.

Historically, there's been a pattern of reservations above 12 hitting their reservation number multiplied by 100k within their first month. Anything below that is usually a "niche" game that will be lucky to break 200k within their lifetime.

rakka said:
FF8 hating :-\
Wow.

What spurred on a banning for that?

Also, I'm back not under the name FireSprite!

I'm the original me, the Thunder Monkey!

Too bad about Cheese though. I like cheese. :(

Can I at least talk about Asiago?

BishopLamont said:
Sucks to see the Wii slacking behind in Madden preorders, Madden could really propel Wii into new heights.

I think if Madden Wii really catches on, it will ultimately be through word of mouth. The problem is getting the word started in the first place.

This is one reason why making Wii Sports a pack-in was such a brilliant move for Nintendo.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Square2005 said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

too many flaws...but one that is really apparent is Killzone 2 is a year off, and it has 4 preorders. they're not going to buy it at the same time Halo 3 comes out

Thunder Monkey said:
Wow.

What spurred on a banning for that?

Also, I'm back not under the name FireSprite!

I'm the original me, the Thunder Monkey!

Too bad about Cheese though. I like cheese. :(

Can I at least talk about Asiago?
Bans can be pretty random.

Getting banned and then just creating another account, and then admitting that you did so is usually pretty bannable. In fact, wasn't your's a full on nukeage, Harry Potter style?

toxk_02

Black Republican
donny2112 said:
Depends on if it had a "price collapse."

pricecollapse.jpg

Edit:
Looks like he'll be back.

bmf said:
Bans can be pretty random.

Getting banned and then just creating another account, and then admitting that you did so is usually pretty bannable. In fact, wasn't your's a full on nukeage, Harry Potter style?
Actually, I asked an admin if I could change my name.

I used the same email account, so if it was a real ban, why would I be able to use the same email? And if it was I guess it will only be a matter of time before it's here again, though I'd have no clue why.

Thunder Monkey said:
Actually, I asked an admin if I could change my name.

I used the same email account, so if it was a real ban, why would I be able to use the same email? And if it was I guess it will only be a matter of time before it's here again, though I'd have no clue why.
You're posts after you got banned were just creepy. No banned tag. Just an almost blank avatar and an unclickable name. I get the feeling that your account got nuked from the database and therefore the database didn't have your email address listed in it as banned anymore. That's probably why you were able to re-register under it.

bmf said:
You're posts after you got banned were just creepy. No banned tag. Just an almost blank avatar and an unclickable name. I get the feeling that your account got nuked from the database and therefore the database didn't have your email address listed in it as banned anymore. That's probably why you were able to re-register under it.
Hmmm, so is that because of asking for a name change?

If so... I'll keep the name Thunder Monkey.

Uhhh, so was I banned banned? Or just name change banned?

I'm... scared. :(

AniHawk said:
I think it's great that a good game is about to outsell a bad one.

I'm not sure I would wish FFXII on my worst enemies. I think I'll go play it right now.
You are a strange strange man...

Cuddle?

AniHawk

Stapler Gonzales said:
It's just a tad depressing that Wii Sports is about to outsell FFXII

I'm not sure I would wish FFXII on my worst enemies. I think I'll go play it right now.

AniHawk said:

On the contrary, without being too much of a troll, I can hardly stand a tech demo outselling a complete and superbly crafted game.

Christine

Stapler Gonzales said:
On the contrary, without being too much of a troll, I can hardly stand a tech demo outselling a complete and superbly crafted game.

You're projecting your personal characterizations of 'tech demo' and 'superbly crafted game' onto Wii Sports and FFXII as if they were descriptors that must be universally accepted. I perceive that as fairly trollish.

AniHawk said:
I think I'll go play it right now.

Such complete mindfuckery. :lol :lol :lol

AniHawk said:
That's not so much my opinion as it is fact.

:lol :lol :lol

AniHawk

Stapler Gonzales said:

I'm trudging through it right now, and I've come to the logical conclusion that Matsuno should have never strayed from the SRPG realm. Vagrant Story and FFXII are putrid ass. That's not so much my opinion as it is fact.

AniHawk said:
I'm trudging through it right now, and I've come to the logical conclusion that Matsuno should have never strayed from the SRPG realm. Vagrant Story and FFXII are putrid ass. That's not so much my opinion as it is fact.
Hey now, I've never played FFXII but do not taint my memories of Vagrant story with your felonius indignations!

apujanata

Stapler Gonzales said:

Did you manage to get 2000, or at least Pro level, for the game (in any area, be it tennis, bowling, baseball etc) ? If not, please keep your mouth shut, since you are spewing opinion as fact.

TwinIonEngines said:
You're projecting your personal characterizations of 'tech demo' and 'superbly crafted game' onto Wii Sports and FFXII as if they were descriptors that must be universally accepted. I perceive that as fairly trollish.
So are you saying Wii Sports is a more complete game than FFXII?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
cvxfreak said:
Apparently someone just couldn't take anymore FFVIII bashing. :lol

Don't worry. If he's still banned then, I'll take care of the MC charts as always.

That really shocks me. Out of all the people who I'd imagine being banned Cheesemeister seemed one of the least likely, even for a temporary amount of time.

apujanata said:
Did you manage to get 2000, or at least Pro level, for the game (in any area, be it tennis, bowling, baseball etc) ? If not, please keep your mouth shut, since you are spewing opinion as fact.
I have 2200 in Tennis, the line goes above the graph. 1500 in Bowling, 1000 in Golf, 1000 in Boxing, and 700 in Baseball.

Top Bottom