• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 9/24 - 9/30 2007: Halo on top!

Loudninja

Tristam said:
God, I can't wait to see the hardware. I don't know how significant a bump it could cause, but it would be HILARIOUS to see 360 outsell PS3 and Wii.

It will not, we already seen the ball park range for the numbers

Defuser

WOW HALO 3 IS ON TOP LIST!!! That means Japan like Halo I MEAN WOW!!! Totally beat Criss Core and Pokemon dungeon,this proves Halo is the BEST GAME EVER,WE'RE TALKING 59,000 SALES HERE!!!! BEST 360 GAME in japan!!! Good Job Microsoft!!! You really know to make other competitors shake their boots!!! WOW!!!

I'm not Gahiggidy.

While many would come to spoil the occasion pointing out slow overall sales, this is nothing but great news for Microsoft. It doesn't really matter how low the overall sales were in the week, Halo 3 still made a splash, which is important.

mr stroke said:
wow....will it sell more than Blue Dragon?
Blue Dragon sold ~80K first week with a smaller userbase, so it's not off on the right foot.
Tristam said:
God, I can't wait to see the hardware. I don't know how significant a bump it could cause, but it would be HILARIOUS to see 360 outsell PS3 and Wii.
We've seen the early rounded Famitsu version. It doesn't, but the ratios being ~5:2:1 is much closer than usual.

6cemxvm.gif

absolutely perfect :lol

bigswords

An FPS game won FF7 , fuck yea!!! And in Japan as well!

Did Oblivion PS3 just got released in Japan? But nonetheless good.

CTLance

Impressive.
Although it seems to still have been a slow sales week, Halo3 being on top is undisputable. :D

Also, yay at the crazy amount of newcomers in the Top10. Six new games made the cut, pretty unusual IMHO. Normally the long legs of DS sales block new releases - or am I seeing things?

JoshuaJSlone said:
Blue Dragon sold ~80K first week with a smaller userbase, so it's not off on the right foot.

We've seen the early rounded Famitsu version. It doesn't, but the ratios being ~5:2:1 is much closer than usual.

What were the rounded PSP slim vs. DS Lite numbers this week?

Bookey

Professional Monk
seriously, we need to break em in with halo then hopefully we can see a turnaround with the western games over there

stonedwal

My memory is getting pretty hazy, but didn't the original Halo do better in its first week?

Still, like the majority of 360 titles in Japan, it's just a once off - might be in the top 30 for another week or two. Not like it's an amazing event or anything.

Little more surprised by Oblivion on the PS3. Didn't really expect that to chart.

Edit - just checked the chart, and Halo did something like 70K for all of 2002.

C4Lukins said:
And you have what appears to be Master Chief made over for the film version of the musical Cats as your avatar. In the end we all lose.

So what you're saying is that Master Chief looks like something out of Super Sentai/Power Rangers?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I don't see what's so surprising about Oblivion when the 360 version did better than that.

C4Lukins

JoshuaJSlone said:

I do not think anyone is taking it that seriously. No need to go into spin mode.

C4Lukins

Juwanna Peezadis said:
So what you're saying is that Master Chief looks like something out of Super Sentai/Power Rangers?

When made over for the film version of Cats, yes he does. He gets whiskers and turns purple, at least that is how I always imagined it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Someone needs to make a chart for the top 10, PS family > DS > 360. :lol

Lightning

Banned
mj1108 said:
The hardware numbers should be fun. :lol

360 > PS3 this week?
According to Famitsu...no.

With those software numbers, Halo 3 moved stuff all systems. Hardware expected to be around 6000 according to Famitsu while the PS3 is at 13,000.

Steroyd

59k for top spot is kinda weak in terms of what normal sales happens in Japan, but it doesn't take away that Halo made top spot regardless.

No Wii Sports? Wii hardware numbers must be lame.

Tristam

JoshuaJSlone said:

Oh, what were hardware sales in the early rounded Famitsu version?

kay

jj984jj said:
I don't see what's so surprising about Oblivion when the 360 version did better than that.
It's interesting because it shows 360 owners in Japan are interested in Western games while PS3 owners aren't as much. Although I wonder why Activision is going PS3 only in Japan.

edit: But it would be more clear if they were released at the same time.

Top Bottom