• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 15 - 21

Hunahan

Banned
Odysseus said:
itprintsmoney_cliffybversion.gif

rein.gif

Close enough?

apujanata

meltpotato said:
if you mean have at least two PS3 games move around 6k or more units, yeh sure

If PS3 games could not even show up consistently in the Top 30 (at least one or two games every week), then I will feel very sorry for Sony.

Bebpo

Banned
jj984jj said:
Which starts when... VF5 releases?

hahahahaha :p

VF5 should do pretty good! Hell, [EM] Might even beat the 40k the X360 version sold. But after VF5 comes out and then a little after Gundam Musou...ummmm....there are no PS3 games for Japanese players for like 6 months until the first REAL wave of games starts hitting in nov/dec.

If PS3 makes a comeback it'll be in Dec. I wouldn't expect a single game in the top30 anytime from april/may->november.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Derps said:
It's going to be fun looking back on these topics in a year when the PS3 dominates the charts

Its going to take a lot more than a couple of good games to knock the DS and Wii off these charts. Hell a year ago people assumed that the PS3 would be dominating already.

I doubt much will change in just one year, especially considering all of the games that are coming to the DS and Wii in that time.

Derps said:
It's going to be fun looking back on these topics in a year when the PS3 dominates the charts

I'll give you this, the first half is one hundred percent correct. Who knows about the second though...could be, but looking less likely every week.

ethelred

As long as Atlus can get some more games out there at some point, I don't think they'll have a problem getting 100k with a start like that. The demand seems to be there.

Still, it was a missed opportunity... the DS audience has been proving over the past few months that it's pretty hungry for more RPGs (I'd guess an awful lot of fans have been migrating with FF3, Pokemon, DQMJ, and the DQIX announcement)... they had a golden opportunity to sell really, really well, I think. But I'm optimistic the game'll still pull in nice numbers.

Really great start for Dragon Shadow Spell, too. I'm sure Flightplan is pleased. :)

GU keeps getting larger and larger opening weeks with each successive game.

Avalon

ethelred said:
As long as Atlus can get some more games out there at some point, I don't think they'll have a problem getting 100k with a start like that. The demand seems to be there.

Really great start for Dragon Shadow Spell, too. I'm sure Flightplan is pleased. :)

GU keeps getting larger and larger opening weeks with each successive game.

Shame Atlus underestimated the demand. Hopefully it continues to sell once the game is available.

Is the GU series any good?

It does my heart good to see Yakuza on a chart in 2007. Fantastic game, one of the best of the generation.

Nice to see MGPO with legs, too! Honestly didn't see that coming.

Or Gears for that matter. It's not exactly Earth-shattering, but the fact that it charted at all means something.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LiveFromKyoto said:
It does my heart good to see Yakuza on a chart in 2007. Fantastic game, one of the best of the generation.

Nice to see MGPO with legs, too! Honestly didn't see that coming.

Or Gears for that matter. It's not exactly Earth-shattering, but the fact that it charted at all means something.

I don't know if its fair to say it has legs. Sega re-released it as a budget version (around 15 USD) a few weeks before Yakuza 2 came out so sales picked up.

LiveFromKyoto said:

Not really. This has been happening since DOA4. If it charts at all next week I'll be shocked.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Edit: Oh right, all the big PS3 games are all coming out before March until November.

Edit2: Damn you AniHawk, you beat me before I edited. :p Anyway, I'm sure some PS3 games will be revealed to come out between April and November.

AniHawk

jj984jj said:
You kinda contradict your-self there, and VF5 will very much likely be in the top30 when it's released.

Enchanted Arms is out tomorrow/today in Japan. And VF5 is coming out February 8. I wouldn't expect either to be in the top 30 by April.

MrDaravon

Zefah said:
I don't know if its fair to say it has legs. Sega re-released it as a budget version (around 15 USD) a few weeks before Yakuza 2 came out so sales picked up.

True, but re-releases seem to usually only chart the first week if at all, and that's it. Yakuza's been sticking on there for a while now, which is very unusual.

jj984jj

AniHawk said:
Enchanted Arms is out tomorrow/today in Japan. And VF5 is coming out February 8. I wouldn't expect either to be in the top 30 by April.
Yeah, realized what he meant after rereading the post. But I'm sure some PS3 games will come out between April and November, some potential candidates:

- Hot Shots Golf 5
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- Bladestorm
- Fatal Inertia
- Monster Hunter 3
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma
- Lair

Zefah said:

Well hey, if Yakuza didn't have any kind of demand a year later it wouldn't have been in the top 20 for the last month. There are a whole lot of 'PS2 The Best' titles that can't make the same claim. It has legs, they just turned out to be budget legs ;)

BrodiemanTTR said:
Not really. This has been happening since DOA4. If it charts at all next week I'll be shocked.

Maybe it did just sell to every last yoge otaku in Japan and will fall off next week. But it's kind of the poster child for "Japan hates this kind of game", and it could have easily done 6-8k like alot of those sorts of titles do. It sold way better than Lost Planet, which is more tailored to that market.

I think it says something in that the 360's managed to put together a string of occasional games that make a blip - it's done more than the first box managed over there (it had what, 5 games that did anything at all over its whole lifespan?), and still has a bunch of semi-big rpgs on the way. Almost smells like (very slow) progress.

radjago

It's good to see a Shining game up there. Now if they could only take out the suck that has plagued the series as of late.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
radjago said:
It's good to see a Shining game up there. Now if they could only take out the suck that has plagued the series as of late.

The game is really fun actually.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Cheesemeister said:
360 Microsoft Gears of War - 33212 / 33212

HOLY SMOKES!! That is AMAZING. 33,212 games were sold?! Rerally? That's not a typo. Unbelievable. But probably true. Congratulatioins to Cliffy B. and the men and women at Microsoft Games Studios. Gears of War's Japanese perfermance is truley remarakable. Wow... just, wow. I'm not too knowledgable about video games sales (or the japanese)... but I know a BIG NUMBER when I see one. and 33, 212 is a very big number. Think about that... thirty-three thousand and two-hundred and twelve japanese people bought Gears of War. That just mind-boggling... it truely is. I mean, how many people even live in Japan? 300,000? Wow. That means one-and-ten Japanesers already owns a copy of "Gears of War" (a sales record?). Just an awesome sales performance for an awesome game. Its scary how well the Xbox 360 has been doing lately. 'SaleScary'!

cvxfreak

Gahiggidy said:
HOLY SMOKES!! That is AMAZING. 33,212 games were sold?! Rerally? That's not a typo. Unbelievable. But probably true. Congratulatioins to Cliffy B. Gears of War's Japanese perfermance is truley remarakable. Wow... just, wow. I'm not too knowledgable about video games sales (or the japanese)... but I know a BIG NUMBER when I see one. and 33, 212 is a very big number. Think about that... thirty-three thousand and two-hundred and twelve japanese people bought Gears of War. That just mind-boggling... it truely is. I mean, how many people even live in Japan? 300,000? Wow. That means one-and-ten Japanesers already owns a copy of "Gears of War" (a sales record?). Just an awesome sales performance for an awesome game. Its scary how well the Xbox 360 has been doing lately. 'SaleScary'!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Joe Molotov

LiveFromKyoto said:
It sold way better than Lost Planet, which is more tailored to that market.

Actually, didn't it do exactly the same as Lost Planet? I thought somebody said early that Lost Planet sold 33,000 it's first week.

MrDaravon

Gahiggidy said:
HOLY SMOKES!! That is AMAZING. 33,212 games were sold?! Rerally? That's not a typo. Unbelievable. But probably true. Congratulatioins to Cliffy B. and the men and women at Microsoft Games Studios. Gears of War's Japanese perfermance is truley remarakable. Wow... just, wow. I'm not too knowledgable about video games sales (or the japanese)... but I know a BIG NUMBER when I see one. and 33, 212 is a very big number. Think about that... thirty-three thousand and two-hundred and twelve japanese people bought Gears of War. That just mind-boggling... it truely is. I mean, how many people even live in Japan? 300,000? Wow. That means one-and-ten Japanesers already owns a copy of "Gears of War" (a sales record?). Just an awesome sales performance for an awesome game. Its scary how well the Xbox 360 has been doing lately. 'SaleScary'!

holy crap :lol :lol

NomarTyme

Gahiggidy said:
Did not expect this.:lol

Gahiggidy said:

. . .

NO U!

AniHawk

Gahiggidy said:

god damn :lol

jj984jj

Gahiggidy said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

So how many copies of Brain Age did they buy each?

Top Bottom