• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 15 - 21

Gahiggidy said:
HOLY SMOKES!! That is AMAZING. 33,212 games were sold?! Rerally? That's not a typo. Unbelievable. But probably true. Congratulatioins to Cliffy B. and the men and women at Microsoft Games Studios. Gears of War's Japanese perfermance is truley remarakable. Wow... just, wow. I'm not too knowledgable about video games sales (or the japanese)... but I know a BIG NUMBER when I see one. and 33, 212 is a very big number. Think about that... thirty-three thousand and two-hundred and twelve japanese people bought Gears of War. That just mind-boggling... it truely is. I mean, how many people even live in Japan? 300,000? Wow. That means one-and-ten Japanesers already owns a copy of "Gears of War" (a sales record?). Just an awesome sales performance for an awesome game. Its scary how well the Xbox 360 has been doing lately. 'SaleScary'!

105055851044od.jpg

Joe Molotov said:
Actually, didn't it do exactly the same as Lost Planet? I thought somebody said early that Lost Planet sold 33,000 it's first week.

Actually, I think you're right - I don't think it's matched LP yet (VGcharts is the only reference I can find, they've got it at 48k). I thought I had read a week ago that it did far less.

Pachael

Gahiggidy said:
HOLY SMOKES!! That is AMAZING. 33,212 games were sold?! Rerally? That's not a typo. Unbelievable. But probably true. Congratulatioins to Cliffy B. and the men and women at Microsoft Games Studios. Gears of War's Japanese perfermance is truley remarakable. Wow... just, wow. I'm not too knowledgable about video games sales (or the japanese)... but I know a BIG NUMBER when I see one. and 33, 212 is a very big number. Think about that... thirty-three thousand and two-hundred and twelve japanese people bought Gears of War. That just mind-boggling... it truely is. I mean, how many people even live in Japan? 300,000? Wow. That means one-and-ten Japanesers already owns a copy of "Gears of War" (a sales record?). Just an awesome sales performance for an awesome game. Its scary how well the Xbox 360 has been doing lately. 'SaleScary'!

My jaw literally dropped.

CliffyB

Playah
Gahiggidy said:

Don't shit in my Corn Flakes mistar!

Gahiggidy said:

Wow...talk about unexpected post lol.

STG!

LOL! Great read gah, well done.

Edit:

but I know a BIG NUMBER when I see one. and 33, 212 is a very big number. Think about that... thirty-three thousand and two-hundred and twelve

Brilliant execution.

Nice open for Wario, didn't hear much about that one. Still need to grab MGS. :(

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Gahiggidy said:
Gahiggidy's thread blessing accomplished

Gahiggidy said:
HOLY SMOKES!! That is AMAZING. 33,212 games were sold?! Rerally? That's not a typo.

:lol No, that's not a typo. I didn't even type in any of the sales numbers, just let the Media Create parser do its thing.

mj1108

Gahiggidy said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Lapsed

Banned
<3 Gahiggidy's post.

He just saved this thread from countless posts that would have sounded just like that! I can't wait to see what Gahiggidy has to say about the hardware numbers. :D

Cheesemeister said:
http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

01 PS2 Bandai-Namco .hack//G.U. Vol. 3 - 136790 / 136790
02 NDS Nintendo Wario: The Seven - 91249 / 91249
03 PS2 Sega Shining Force EXA - 72306 / 72306
04 WII Nintendo Wii Sports - 57418 / 851535
05 WII Nintendo Wii Play - 45724 / 764813
06 PS2 Flight-Plan Dragon Shadow Spell - 40541 / 40541
07 360 Microsoft Gears of War - 33212 / 33212
08 NDS Atlus Etrian Odyssey - 32511 / 32511
09 NDS Nintendo Common Knowledge Training - 31735 / 1130647
10 NDS Nintendo More Brain Age - 29626 / 3868279
11 NDS Nintendo New Super Mario Brothers
12 NDS Nintendo Animal Crossing Wild World
13 WII Nintendo Excite Truck
14 PSP Konami Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
15 NDS MTO Tea Dog's Room DS 2
16 NDS Nintendo Mario Kart DS
17 NDS Pokemon Pokemon Diamond
18 NDS Nintendo English Training
19 NDS IE Institute Kanji Brain Test 2M
20 NDS Nintendo 1000 Recipes
21 NDS Pokemon Pokemon Pearl
22 NDS Spike IQ Supply
23 NDS Nintendo Brain Training
24 WII Nintendo Wario Ware Smooth Moves
25 PS2 Sega Yakuza
26 WII Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
27 NDS Rocket Co. Kanji Test
28 NDS Nintendo Kirby Squeek Squad
29 PSP Capcom Monster Hunter Portable
30 NDS Sega Love+Berry

NDS - 18
Wii - 5
PS2 - 4
PSP - 2
360 - 1

HOLY ****ING CRAP!!! Good job WII legs. Excite truck did decently.

Pud

Banned
CliffyB said:
Don't shit in my Corn Flakes mistar!

Heh, you know it will drop out of existance in next week's MC top 10, but the fact that you sold 30 thousand to a almost non-existant 360 userbase should make you purchase yourself some
gold-frosted
fruit loops!

Hell, I wonder how many of those copies were sold in the Gamecube Hut (probably 30k, and within minutes of opening I'd wager).

Jonnyram

davepoobond said:
has VF5 on X360 even been confirmed for Japanese release?
No, but I think it will happen after the PS3 version has been released. Sony were pretty livid that news of the 360 version got out at all.

heh, one of the funniest Gahiggidy posts i've seen on this site for a fair few years:lol
Who would of thought the Wii series (sport and play) would be so big? With the titles (are they rumoured of announced?) like fitness and music, well these could really be huge and be the brain traning/nintendogs of the Wii.
I kinda stopped looking at this site most of the year, i came back for a quick glampse n saw the amount of DS software in charts! was quite amazing, and still is!

WARCOCK

Banned
Gahiggidy said:

Am i suppose to LOL? Because im not in the mood :(. LO... I just cant do it :(... im a sour puss :(

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Well, one thing you can conclude is that Gears of War sold about several thousand more copies than Lost Planet did when it launched....

Which is.....odd......in my opinion. A game that tried to cater to the tastes of the country sold worse than one that was developed with Japan out of mind.

Does anyone know the sales for Viva Pinata?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
dirtmonkey37 said:
Well, one thing you can conclude is that Gears of War sold about several thousand more copies than Lost Planet did when it launched....

Which is.....odd......in my opinion. A game that tried to cater to the tastes of the country sold worse than one that was developed with Japan out of mind.

Does anyone know the sales for Viva Pinata?

Is viva pinata out?

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
sp0rsk said:
Is viva pinata out?

I believe it released last week according to my forum "scouting" and it was the number 1 best selling 360 title (which manifestly doesn't say much).

But it's Japanese title is something to the likes of: "Afeitarse! Pinata!"

Of course, afeitarse, in Spanish, indicates one is shaving one's self, but I remember the "Viva" portion of the title beginning with an 'A.'

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Viva Pinata, or &#12354;&#12388;&#12414;&#12428;&#65281;&#12500;&#12491;&#12515;&#12540;&#12479; came out in Japan on the 2nd of this month I think. Due to 0 advertising and some strange box art I doubt it sold more than a thousand or so copies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
cvxfreak said:
If Sega could release Sonic Riders for Xbox 1 in Japan, surely they could release VF5........right?

well, i'm not saying it isn't possible, but i didn't know if i missed something that actually confirmed it recently, since the initial announcement was just for NA/Europe

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
davepoobond said:
well, i'm not saying it isn't possible, but i didn't know if i missed something that actually confirmed it recently, since the initial announcement was just for NA/Europe

Someone from Sega of Japan said that there are currently no plans for a Japanese release of VF5. Then again, that probably just means, "we haven't announced it yet, so it doesn't exist."

If there is no announcement within a month or so of the Playstation 3 release then it probably isn't coming. I have no idea why they would not release it though. Either way I'll just end up importing it because it will either be region free or there will be an Asian version that will work on the Japanese 360.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Zefah said:
Viva Pinata, or &#12354;&#12388;&#12414;&#12428;&#65281;&#12500;&#12491;&#12515;&#12540;&#12479; came out in Japan on the 2nd of this month I think. Due to 0 advertising and some strange box art I doubt it sold more than a thousand or so copies.

That's too bad. Zero advertising....why did they even bother translating it to Japanese if they weren't serious about their shiny, new, first-party product?

That's ridiculous. Localizing a game isn't like eating chips -- it takes work. Why would Microsoft Game Studios even consider.....

Whatever. Glad to see NDS is dominating again. When does VF5 come out on PS3? Hopefully that will affect the attatch rate!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
dirtmonkey37 said:
That's too bad. Zero advertising....why did they even bother translating it to Japanese if they weren't serious about their shiny, new, first-party product?

That's ridiculous. Localizing a game isn't like eating chips -- it takes work. Why would Microsoft Game Studios even consider.....

Whatever. Glad to see NDS is dominating again. When does VF5 come out on PS3? Hopefully that will affect the attatch rate!

For some reason all Rare games on the Xbox 360 have a multitude of languages on the disk. Its like they do all the languages at once and just make one disc of the game or something. I have the US version of Viva Pinata, but when I put it in on my Japanese Xbox 360 (with the language settings in Japanese) the game is entirely in Japanese. All the voices, text, everything. Even the title is turned into &#12354;&#12388;&#12414;&#12428;&#65281;&#12500;&#12491;&#12515;&#12540;&#12479; (Atsumare! Pinata). If I change my language settings to English, Chinese, Swedish or one of many other languages the game will be automatically localized for that language.

The same thing happens with Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

Oh and Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 comes out on February 8th.

dirtmonkey37 said:

It's not like Viva sold well in other regions. They probably didn't expect significant sales and just translated it to expand the numbers of available titles. I don't think a massive ad campaign would have helped Viva's cause.
Japanese residents know this better but I get the feeling X360 in Japan is really a "hardcore gamer" and "otaku" type of console, a game like Viva probably won't float the boat of that audience.

Top Bottom