• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 8 - 14

jimbo

Banned
starship said:
It didn't make sense at all if he didn't believe in what he said, he saw a big possibilty in there.
I don't say if Wii can sell 700k monthly in Europe it would outsell GC in 6 months, if I really don't think it has a really big chance to do it.
Anyway, his comments always seems fanboiysh. Anyone can look at some of his quotes in my post.
Btw, he guesstimated sales of 360 before (just look at his quotes in my post) and then when people did it too, because they were not in favor of his console of choice, all of a sudden guesstimating became BS and made no sense. He is the guy that act like a 10 year old girl when 360 sold 35k in a week and then created the only Media Create prediction thread in GAF's history. I love what Anihawk said in one of the MC threads back then. :lol

Starship saying IF something does something IS NOT a prediction.

Especially when in this very page, people have quoted me saying I believe the 360 would be LUCKY to hit 10k a week in Japan(it was supposed to be a week, not a month) and that I believed it can do 1 million over 6 years, which averages to LESS than 5k a week.

My beliefs have always been fairly realistic about the 360 in Japan, and I never stated that I believed it can do OVER 10k a week.

But it doesn't matter. I won't argue about what the meanings of my words mean to you. I just want to know. Does that mean you accepted the bet? If so I think the mods have enough evidence in this thread whether or not I ever said something like that or whether you made up shit.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
Maybe you should be banned from starting MC threads from now on.

You don't start it with all the info available and edit it in later once you've translated it. You don't go back and update the OP as more data is made available. I'm very disappointed with you.

I know. :(

cvxfreak

jimbo said:
Starship saying IF something does something IS NOT a prediction.

Especially when in this very page, people have quoted me saying I believe the 360 would be LUCKY to hit 10k a week in Japan(it was supposed to be a week, not a month) and that I believed it can do 1 million over 6 years, which averages to LESS than 5k a week.

My beliefs have always been fairly realistic about the 360 in Japan, and I never stated that I believed it can do OVER 10k a week.

But it doesn't matter. I won't argue about what the meanings of my words mean to you. I just want to know. Does that mean you accepted the bet? If so I think the mods have enough evidence in this thread whether or not I ever said something like that or whether you made up shit.

I got this vibe from your posts as well. I wouldn't be surprised if starship just didn't realize the actual difference, due to English being his second language. *shrugs*

donny2112

We already did. It was on an earlier page. People were discussing the low numbers for one game that sold 23K until it came out that it was 90% of the initial shipment. :lol

Neomoto

Heidir said:
Wii 93,708
DSL 89,287
PSP 48,804
PS3 25,531
PS2 22,663
Xbox360 9,035
GBM 1,959
GBASP 1,547
GC 611
GBA 79
DS 41
My god, Sony is taking a hell of a beating right now. They keep getting kicked in the nuts by Nintendo on both the handheld and console side, and their mobile phone division crapped in their pants when Apple decided it whas time to reveal their absolutely incredible iPhone 10 days ago. Not good at all for Sony.

PS. It's kind of funny that the DS is number 2, only to lose against his younger brother, while BOTH having major shortages. And Wii games show incredible legs, just like the DS, which of course bodes well for software sales. I am happy for Nintendo because they certainly deserved it. What a turn of events it has been since DS. Incredible.

cvxfreak

It's kind of interesting that Sony's never completely controlled the videogame industry, while you can argue that Nintendo at one time did when the FC, SFC and Game Boy were around. Sony failed to control handhelds with the PSP, and it looks like the Wii is going to be in the lead for awhile, so this is the second time in which Nintendo's held the two lead segments of the game market, and so far they're the only company to do so.

Talking about Japan of course.

cvxfreak said:
It's kind of interesting that Sony's never completely controlled the videogame industry, while you can argue that Nintendo at one time did when the FC, SFC and Game Boy were around. Sony failed to control handhelds with the PSP, and it looks like the Wii is going to be in the lead for awhile, so this is the second time in which Nintendo's held the two lead segments of the game market, and so far they're the only company to do so.

Well, not to drag this into a handhelds=/= consoles war or any of it's variants, but if that's the case, why don't you count the PC gaming market? :p

apujanata

Pureauthor said:
Well, not to drag this into a handhelds=/= consoles war or any of it's variants, but if that's the case, why don't you count the PC gaming market? :p

So, who is the leading PC gaming market vendor ? Fujitsu, Toshiba, NEC ? Or maybe IBM, Dell etc ? Or are you talking about PC Games publisher ? Koei perhaps ? Or those many Hentai games publisher ?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
cvxfreak said:
It's kind of interesting that Sony's never completely controlled the videogame industry, while you can argue that Nintendo at one time did when the FC, SFC and Game Boy were around.

They didn't with the PS1 (against N64) and PS2 (against GC) in Japan? Weren't they building houses with PS2s at some point? Just asking.

Cheebs

TTP said:
They didn't with the PS1 (against N64) and PS2 (against GC) in Japan? Weren't they building houses with PS2s at some point? Just asking.
Nintendo still owned half the market with GBC and GBA with GBC/GBA titles ruling the charts just as much as PSX and PS2.

mutsu

1. (PS2) .hack // G.U. Vol.3
2. (NDS) Kaitou Wario the Seven
3. (PS2) Shining Force EXA
4. (Wii) Wii Sports
5. (NDS) Pokemon Pearl/Diamond
6. (Wii) Hajimete no Wii (Wii Play)
7. (PS2) Dragon Shadow Spell
8. (X360) Gears of War
9. (NDS) More Brain Training
10. (NDS) Sekaiju no Meikyuu (Etrian Odyssey)

FtsH

mutsu said:
4. (Wii) Wii Sports
8. (X360) Gears of War<-------------------------------------------:)

Japan is changing

Draft

mutsu said:
4. (Wii) Wii Sports
8. (X360) Gears of War
Haha, these are sales? Solid, if not spectacular.

Avalon

mutsu said:
4. (Wii) Wii Sports
8. (X360) Gears of War

Wow. Lots of non Nintendo titles.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
mutsu, you should've probably just posted the new chartin a new thread. This one being at more than 1000 replies (and 950 of those being crap and stupid arguments about non-games and whatever).

It looks like a real win for Gear of War unless the sales numbers for all games in the top 10 have take another slide like last week. Sega has been doing consistently well, too. Both Yakuza and Yakuza 2 have been in the top 30 for a while and not Shining Force EXA comes out with a strong showing.

pswii60

mutsu said:
4. (Wii) Wii Sports
8. (X360) Gears of War

:O

Surely no-one could have predicted this one. I expected Lost Planet to make it to the top 10 and it didn't, but I never expected GoW to get anywhere near.

Hiro_Kunimi_80 said:
OMG... gow > BD in japan ?

Considering that we came off the biggest week in Japan about two weeks back, sales for the #8 game on the list probably won't be higher than 30-40 thousand. Blue Dragon did about 120 thousand or so.

Oh man...I hear the Nbots coming. Really. I'm hearing them saying that Nintendo is doomed or something similar.

Please, be serious guys ! Nintendo has dominated the Japan since the Q3 of 2005. And with "dominate" I mean like never seen before.
So, for once, it would be interesting that even other developers make a little bit of money, ok ?

Busaiku

Gears Of War did do pretty well.
ExciteTruck sold 32k on its 1st day, and didn't even chart.

And, that also means good sales for Etrian Odyssey. Awesome.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
mutsu said:
4. (Wii) Wii Sports
8. (X360) Gears of War

This is what a typical week in video game sales should look like. Nice and diverse.

Fuzzy said:
You're right, the European charts shouldn't be posted any more.

European charts ? we only have UK chart, and Europe is not only UK ;)

anyway, i don't like UK charts too, especially cause they don't separate multiplatform games

coming back to MC chart: ok, GoW is in the top10, so? Without any numbers anyone can say "wow, i'm surprised!!!"
what if it has been sold 30k ? are they high sales ? 360 games don't have long legs, look at DoAX2 which had a good start (45k), but it just sold 23k since middle december. Blue Dragon sold 80k at launch, and in the next 3 weeks it sold around 10k each week, and we are talking about the weeks with highest sales in the year...

even if GoW would sell 40k in the first week, it's hard it will break 100k mark IMO

Haunted

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Oh man...I hear the Nbots coming. Really. I'm hearing them saying that Nintendo is doomed or something similar.

Please, be serious guys ! Nintendo has dominated the Japan since the Q3 of 2005. And with "dominate" I mean like never seen before.
So, for once, it would be interesting that even other developers make a little bit of money, ok ?
Having 6 out of the Top 10 is not dominating now? :)

Yeah, I'm waiting for the M-C numbers, but they're traditionally not that different from the Dengeki/Famitsu numbers, so no one should suddenly expect a Top 10 Nintendomination like last time. :p

Busaiku said:
Gears Of War did do pretty well.
ExciteTruck sold 32k on its 1st day, and didn't even chart.

And, that also means good sales for Etrian Odyssey. Awesome.

Meh don't get all excited about EO. When you count the Pokemons as two like Media Create does... bye bye Etrian Odyssey

Haunted

Moor-Angol said:
European charts ? we only have UK chart, and Europe is not only UK ;)

anyway, i don't like UK charts too, especially cause they don't separate multiplatform games
We don't have only the UK charts at all. French, German, Finnish, Swedish, Spanish - Did you visit any of the previous European charts threads? ;)

Top Bottom