• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Oct 26-Nov 1, 2009

[Nintex]

gerg said:
By your own logic, we don't know that Nintendo will do exactly the same as this year. Until our belief is back up by concrete announcements and action, I'm not sure why we should believe that Nintendo isn't determined to try and make things work in Japan.

I understand your pessimism in regards to Nintendo's prior history, but what you're essentially denying is Nintendo's desire to make money as well as Iwata's competency as a leader, and doing both of which I find laughable.
I'm sure that Nintendo is determined to make things work in Japan, but 12 months after the initial Wii Music fuck-up, they're still the same company. The only difference is that they announced Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M and that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a better game than Animal Crossing Wii. Oh and Zelda is coming... at some point.

Iwata can wish for anything he likes but if he doesn't have the resources to increase the software support for the Wii it simply isn't going to happen. Also, why hasn't Square-Enix announced Dragon Quest Swords 2 with M+ support yet? Is Wada really that useless?

gerg

ethelred said:
It's not pessimism, it's called a realistic weighting of probabilities. Everything can be looked at in such a fashion to figure out what the probability of certain outcomes is. It's only an idiot that insists that simply because something hasn't happened we can't draw any conclusions or engage in any sort of critical examination.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't draw conclusions from a past history, but that I don't think that we can equate the fact that because Nintendo hasn't announced anything they won't have anything in store. In fact, prior history goes against this, especially if we look at this year. No one would have guessed before the start of 2009 that Wii Fit Plus, Spirit Tracks and NSMB Wii would be announced and released within the year. And yet they were. Silence does not equate to inactivity. (Heck, a DSi revision has been announced and is seeing release within a month.)

Furthermore, I'd like to see your reasoning as to why Nintendo won't make a concerted effort to change their ways to some degree beyond "it's Nintendo". Unless this discussion is operating on a misunderstanding of what Nintendo will exactly do to change their ways; my only opinion is that they'll try to ensure a schedule of as consistent releases as possible. (I don't want to appear overly optimistic here.)

Lastly, it's not that I can't understand this conclusion. I agree that Nintendo, as a company, has limited resources in regards to staff, and it's ability to change things may be equally limited by a deficiency in core competencies or motivations. Depending on how successful NSMB Wii is in reviving Wii sales, they may have even less motivation to work hard to make the Wii more successful. But as I have said, what you are doing is essentially denying Iwata's desire to make money and his understanding of how poorly the Wii is doing, especially in regards to the statements that he has made in the past. As Dragona highlighted in the thread regarding the matter, Iwata seemed to finally admit that Nintendo's third-party strategy needed revision. He's a pretty honest guy; if he didn't think so, I don't think he'd have said that.

Heck, I don't even mean to say that Nintendo's attempts at reversing the current trend will be really good. All I want to do is establish a difference between deciding not to do something and not doing anything.

Then don't.

I don't.

[Nintex] said:
I'm sure that Nintendo is determined to make things work in Japan, but 12 months after the initial Wii Music fuck-up, they're still the same company. The only difference is that they announced Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M and that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a better game than Animal Crossing Wii. Oh and Zelda is coming... at some point.

They're still the same company externally. We have no idea what is happening internally.

Iwata can wish for anything he likes but if he doesn't have the resources to increase the software support for the Wii it simply isn't going to happen.

"If" being the core word here.

Also, why hasn't Square-Enix announced Dragon Quest Swords 2 with M+ support yet? Is Wada really that useless?

Maybe they don't feel that it would be that profitable a venture compared to other possibilities?

onken

Chris1964 said:
The last time we heard about Last Remnant things weren't looking for the PS3 version.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/06/24/last_remnant_ps3/

And what is ArcTon?

Last Rebellion, not Last Remnant.

This, we have the release date, where does this May/Jun come from?
Yeah got the ArTon date confused with something else.

distantmantra said:
They do. I'm guessing AC2 got a Z due to violence.

Ability to attack passers-by = instant Z, same deal with GTA, InFamous etc.

ethelred said:
To be fair, neither does anyone in Japan, and that's one of many reasons why no one cares and why most new Wii games are released to sub 50k sales.
Not in defense of Wii, but sub-50K is pretty normal regardless of platform.

EXGN

obonicus said:
Does CERO give reasons for its ratings?

I asked about this when inFamous(T in the US) got a Z rating in Japan. Apparently any game that allows you to hurt innocent civilians is an auto Z in Japan.

So, by that standard, AC1 was probably Z as well, so I'm not sure it will effect the sequel all that much.

markatisu

gerg said:
Maybe they don't feel that it would be that profitable a venture compared to other possibilities?

Did you play the first one, it feels like they ported over their plug the controller in DQ game and sold a freaking boatload.

How Square allowed the M+ unit to launch without a DQ sequel is an amazing fuckup to me, I mean it could have easily rode off the back of DQ fever for the new DS game as an impulse buy.

I think after this holiday, it would be advantageous for the Wii to make it's way into the impulse purchase zone. Could they still break even at ¥14,980? ¥12,980?

bmf said:
I think after this holiday, it would be advantageous for the Wii to make it's way into the impulse purchase zone. Could they still break even at ¥14,980? ¥12,980?

I said this before but I think a second price cut in less than six months would be a bad move, and Nintendo's best option would seem to be to add value to the standard Wii package in Japan - maintain the current price, but pack in extra hardware or software.

Why is there no Wii Sports Resort Pak bundling Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort and a Remote/Nunchuk/MotionPlus? Why no revised basic Wii package with Wii, Remote/Nunchuk/MotionPlus and CC Pro?

New bundles like that may even give a little room to drop the price on the basic model - Wii + Remote/Nunchuk - but maintain the ¥20,000 on the new bundle - a stealth price cut that could be region-specific instead of being seen as a precursor to another global drop.

Too much hardware discussion, lets go back to the software bombs this week.

09. [NDS] Summon Night X Tears Crown (Bandai Namco Games) - 27,000
Brand new game does less than PSX-to-DS direct port of SM1 (44k) and PSX-to-DS direct port of SM2 (28k). Above the first DS spinoff Twin Age (21k) though. This is all pretty poor compared to PS2 results, just in line with cheapo GBA games (33k, 56k, 23k).

10. [WII] Mario & Sonic at Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 24,000
Managed to do 3x its first day, which is on par with the first M&S, but coming from a lower first day, the first week is barely half of it.

[PS3] 3D Dot Game Heroes (From Software) - 12,000
Trinity Universe, Agarest Senki Zero...and such stuff did better. Which makes it horrible.

[360] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 9,000
Less than last year, 12k -> 9800 -> 9000.

[NDS] Sakura Note Ima Ni Tsunagaru Mirai (Marvelous Entertainment) - 2,000
Just keep churning out those Harvest Moon and Hitman titles, MMV.

DS Tamagotchi 4
Not on the list, nuff said. Did 3200 first day. More than enough said.

[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 235,000
Well, this actually isn't bad, its pretty good for PS3 which just doesn't translate to pretty good overall, the last PS2 version that released alongside the PS3 one still did 305k.

WE2008
2007-11 PS3 - 145k
2007-11 PS2 - 305k
2008-01 PSP - 70k

WE2009
2008-11 PS3 - 175k
2009-01 PS2 - 102k
2009-01 PSP - 102k

WE2010
2009-11 PS3 - 235k
2009-12 PS2 - ?
2009-12 PSP - ?

Its the best ever for PS3 WE but still no comeback to PS2 levels in sight. This year should beat last year though, as small consolation for Konami as it is.

Road

2010 schedule (most info according to Dengeki):

01/07
[PS3] Avatar: The Game (Ubisoft)

01/14
[PS3] Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
[PS3] Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix)
[PS3] Bioshock (BEST) (Spike)

01/28
[PS3] Fight Night Round 4 (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] End of Eternity (Sega)
[PS3] Last Rebellion (Nippon Ichi Software)
[PS3] Ar Tonelico 3 (Bandai Namco Games)

02/04
[PS3] Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International (Square Enix)

02/10
[PS3] Sacred 2 (Spike)

Winter
[PS3] Trinity Zill O'll Zero (Koei)
[PS3] Heavy Rain (SCE)
[PS3] Eat Lead: Matt Hazard no Kyakushuu (D3 Publisher)

March
[PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (SCE)

Spring
[PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
[PS3] Bio Hazard 5: Alternative Edition (Capcom)
[PS3] Ryuu Ga Gotoku 4 (Sega)

[PS3] Army of Two: The 40th Day (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] Dante's Inferno (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom)
[PS3] Castlevania: Lord of Shadow (Konami)
[PS3] Hokuto Musou (Koei)
[PS3] F1 2010 (Codemasters)
[PS3] Nier Replicant (Square Enix)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
[PS3] Quantum Theory (Tecmo)

01/14
[WII] Bio Hazard: Dark side Chronicles (Capcom)

01/28
[WII] Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars (Capcom)

02/10
[WII] Mad World (Spike)

[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom)
[WII] Super Monkey Ball: Athletic (Sega)
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
[WII] Metroid: Other M (Nintendo)

gerg

markatisu said:
Did you play the first one, it feels like they ported over their plug the controller in DQ game and sold a freaking boatload.

How Square allowed the M+ unit to launch without a DQ sequel is an amazing fuckup to me, I mean it could have easily rode off the back of DQ fever for the new DS game as an impulse buy.

I'm sure that the game might be easy to develop and may make a profit. The problem, however, is that SQ has a limited development team, and it's team could probably be put towards other projects that would be even more profitable.

Also, I wouldn't suggest that the appeal of a new DQ Swords game is certified simply by the interest in DQ IX.

Regarding my earlier discussion, I feel that I may have been a bit too hasty and jumped the gun. I don't think ethelred and I disagree too much; after all, I don't expect Nintendo to reveal a host of third-party exclusives in March. That said, I think a stronger and more consistent line-up shouldn't be completely unexpected.

markatisu said:

You never played the DQ plugin game. I own it. Nothing alike other than the absolute basic mechanics (which even then are hugely improved on the Wii). Don't get me started on anything else.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Road said:
2010 schedule
Hmm, trying to think if anything officially announced for 2010 that might sell well is missing.

Lost Planet 2 perhaps?

There's also technically "Wii Relax", but that title is really nebulous right now.

Road

Nirolak said:
Hmm, trying to think if anything officially announced for 2010 that might sell well is missing.

Lost Planet 2 perhaps?

There's also technically "Wii Relax", but that title is really nebulous right now.

Famitsu's schedule has a bunch of other titles, but it's such a mess... Haha

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Too much hardware discussion, lets go back to the software bombs this week.

[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 235,000
Well, this actually isn't bad, its pretty good for PS3 which just doesn't translate to pretty good overall, the last PS2 version that released alongside the PS3 one still did 305k.

WE2008
2007-11 PS3 - 145k
2007-11 PS2 - 305k
2008-01 PSP - 70k

WE2009
2008-11 PS3 - 175k
2009-01 PS2 - 102k
2009-01 PSP - 102k

WE2010
2009-11 PS3 - 235k
2009-12 PS2 - ?
2009-12 PSP - ?

Its the best ever for PS3 WE but still no comeback to PS2 levels in sight. This year should beat last year though, as small consolation for Konami as it is.

since there is nothing worth the upgrade to Winning Eleven HD ( and so buying PS3 for some of WE fans ) , I guess many WE fans just wait for PS2 version , it will be interesting to see what will happen when they kill the PS2 version ( maybe next year ? not sure if Konami dare to gamble tho ).

wrowa

gerg said:
I'm sure that the game might be easy to develop and may make a profit. The problem is, SQ has a limited development team, and it's team could probably be put towards other projects that would be even more profitable.
Well, DQ Swords wasn't developed by SE but by Nintendo's Genius Sonority ;P
Actually, Genius Sonority hasn't released a single game since the development of Swords (well, except of that DS classic book collection, but that hardly counts). I wonder what they're doing right now.

Bebpo

Banned
Road said:
2010 schedule (most info according to Dengeki):

01/07
[PS3] Avatar: The Game (Ubisoft)

01/14
[PS3] Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Codemasters)
[PS3] Batman: Arkham Asylum (Square Enix)
[PS3] Bioshock (BEST) (Spike)

01/28
[PS3] Fight Night Round 4 (Electronic Arts)

02/04

02/10
[PS3] Sacred 2 (Spike)

Winter
[PS3] Trinity Zill O'll Zero (Koei)
[PS3] Heavy Rain (SCE)
[PS3] Eat Lead: Matt Hazard no Kyakushuu (D3 Publisher)

March
[PS3] Gran Turismo 5 (SCE)

Spring
[PS3] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom)
[PS3] Bio Hazard 5: Alternative Edition (Capcom)
[PS3] Ryuu Ga Gotoku 4 (Sega)

[PS3] Army of Two: The 40th Day (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] Dante's Inferno (Electronic Arts)
[PS3] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom)
[PS3] Castlevania: Lord of Shadow (Konami)
[PS3] Hokuto Musou (Koei)
[PS3] F1 2010 (Codemasters)
[PS3] Nier Replicant (Square Enix)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Square Enix)
[PS3] Quantum Theory (Tecmo)

01/14
[WII] Bio Hazard: Dark side Chronicles (Capcom)

01/28
[WII] Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom Ultimate All-Stars (Capcom)

02/10
[WII] Mad World (Spike)

[WII] Sengoku Basara 3 (Capcom)
[WII] Super Monkey Ball: Athletic (Sega)
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
[WII] Metroid: Other M (Nintendo)

Man, that is a pretty sad list of games from JP devs in 2010. A handful of great titles...maybe. Most won't be big sellers. Lets hope they have a lot up their sleeves for the 2nd half of the year. Or 2010 could be the lowest year sales-wise in a while between the economy and lack of big releases.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
distantmantra said:
Also for the PS3 in 2010:

God of War III (SCEJ)
Trico/The Last Guardian (SCEJ)
Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
Dead Rising 2 (Capcom)

Sony announced a list of motion-supporting games for '10 at TGS too that we could probably add to. Ape Escape et al. Though most of that list is really just names for now.

faridmon

duckroll said:
Depends on the amount of new content. Those with significant additions in content always sell very well. When the changes are just system tweaks and slight improvements here and there, they sell rather poorly. If they had added 2-4 new characters and an online tournament mode, I'm sure it would have sold closer to 100k. But they're probably more interested in working on a sequel at this point I suppose.
wait. Have they already announced that they are going to make a sequel? how come i miss many things these days?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wrowa said:
Well, DQ Swords wasn't developed by SE but by Nintendo's Genius Sonority ;P

they are not first party or owned by Nintendo

Main Clients: Nintendo Co., Ltd. , The Pokémon Company, SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. and others
from here.
http://www.geniussonority.jp/en/

gofreak said:
Sony announced a list of motion-supporting games for '10 at TGS too that we could probably add to. Ape Escape et al. Though most of that list is really just names for now.

There is no specific and announced date as far as I know for Ape Escape and PSwand , so no place in that list for them.

and on that note don't think PSwand and it's games will boost PS3 hardware sales in Japan ( since they are going with the thing as alternative control scheme for the games and not forced ) , but let see their complete launch titles for the Wand first.

gerg

Regarding less controversial matters, can any J-GAFfers tell us if the hype for NSMB Wii is building over in Japan? Any early signs of success or hints of it?

If Nintendo want to improve sales they need more software.

We're still waiting for pikmin 3 FFS which to me is perfectly suited to the wiis control scheme.

Or how about a kirby or star fox game?

What i don't understand is i thought they said they were going to start developing less for the DS so they could concentrate on the wii. I really have noticed much of an improvement.

VegaShinra

AdventureRacing said:
If Nintendo want to improve sales they need more software.

We're still waiting for pikmin 3 FFS which to me is perfectly suited to the wiis control scheme.

Or how about a kirby or star fox game?

What i don't understand is i thought they said they were going to start developing less for the DS so they could concentrate on the wii. I really have noticed much of an improvement.
That said only a year ago or so. It takes time to develop a game. It's not some instant creation. Plus, Nintendo takes their time crafting the games until they see them as perfect. Even if Pikmin 3 was under production, Nintendo wouldn't show it until they felt it was complete enough to do so.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Totobeni said:
There is no specific and announced date as far as I know for Ape Escape and PSwand , so no place in that list for them.

and on that note don't think PSwand and it's games will boost PS3 hardware sales in Japan ( since they are going with the thing as alternative control scheme for the games and not forced ) , but let see their complete launch titles for the Wand first.

No specific date no, and I guess that's the criteria to get on Dengeki's release list. They were marked as for 2010 though.

And I've no expectations of the wands, I merely mentioned them for completeness sake, not really as potential sales-boosters.

wrowa

Totobeni said:
they are not first party or owned by Nintendo
Well, Nintendo and the Pokemon Company are two of the biggest shareholders and the company was funded with money provided by Nintendo's Q Fund. They are pretty much second party.

dolemite

cartman414 said:
I know it's OT here, but was there no Famitsu this week? I haven't seen any thread yet.
That's all we have for now:
Top 10 Nov. 02 - 08:

01. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 235,000
02. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo)
04. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon)
05. [PSP] Persona 3 Portable (Atlus)
06. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryakusha - Fire / Blizzard (Level 5)
07. [NDS] Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden (Square Enix)
08. [PS3] Bayonetta (Sega)
09. [NDS] Summon Night X Tears Crown (Bandai Namco Games) - 27,000
10. [WII] Mario & Sonic at Vancouver Olympics (Nintendo) - 24,000

[PS3] INFAMOUS (SCE) - 17,000
[PS3] 3D Dot Game Heroes (From Software) - 12,000
[360] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 9,000
[360] Namco Museum Virtual Arcade (Bandai Namco Games) - 3,300
[NDS] Sakura Note Ima Ni Tsunagaru Mirai (Marvelous Entertainment) - 2,000

PS3 43,000
WII 24,000
go 15,000

7Th

cartman414 said:
I know it's OT here, but was there no Famitsu this week? I haven't seen any thread yet.

There was a Famitsu this week, it's just that nobody made the thread because they're all scared of duckroll's powerful hammer.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
cartman414 said:
I saw the entire issue. There was literally nothing in there outside of Tales of Keroro and Dragon Quest VI's release date.

Everything else was pretty much just like one or two pages of essentially nothing about games like Tales of Graces, End of Eternity, SRT Exceed, FFXIII/XIV and RE: DSC. Most of that info went into those games' respective threads also.

test_account

XP-39C²
Nirolak said:
I saw the entire issue. There was literally nothing in there outside of Tales of Keroro and Dragon Quest VI's release date.

Everything else was pretty much just like one or two pages of essentially nothing about games like Tales of Graces, End of Eternity, SRT Exceed, FFXIII/XIV and RE: DSC. Most of that info went into those games' respective threads also.
Were there any review scores for any game?

Jonnyram

Sony really shat the bed with the PSP Go.

I love it personally, but the value is pathetic. Pricing it more than 50% the price of the existing model is a piss take for starters, but then only giving one free 1st party download as a bonus!?

There should have been like 5 freebies at that price OR a better price (20,000 yen) + 2 free first party titles.

To be honest, they're probably not fussed about creating a massive amount of interest in the unit right away, as their servers are probably struggling to cope with the current demand if my download speeds are anything to go by, and I'm sure it's got a large profit margin. I would just like to see this download-only device gain a bit more strength in the market.

Jonnyram said:
To be honest, they're probably not fussed about creating a massive amount of interest in the unit right away, as their servers are probably struggling to cope with the current demand if my download speeds are anything to go by, and I'm sure it's got a large profit margin.
Jonny, you're better than this. You think Sony wants the PSP Go to fail during the launch window to save on server costs?

Road

test_account said:
Were there any review scores for any game?

[PS3] Ratchet and Clanket: Future 2 9/9/9/9
[WII] Calling: Kuroki Chakushin 8/7/7/6
[WII] Family Chalenge Wii 8/7/6/5
[WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii 2 9/8/7/8
[PSP] Jack and Dexter: Elf to Itachi no Daibouken 8/7/7/9
[NDS] Monster Finder 7/6/6/6
[NDS] Lovely: Youchien Nikki 6/6/5/7
[NDS] Wizardry: Seimei no Kusabi 7/8/8/8
[NDS] Mario & Sonic at the Vancouver Olympics 8/8/9/8
[NDS] Dorabase 2: Nettou Ultra Stadium 7/6/6/6

Yaweee

That score for Wizardry DS is among the best non-Atlus FPRPG Famitsu scores (if not the best), by my recollection. EO1+2, assorted SMTs, and the Wizardry Busin games were developed or published by Atlus.

donny2112

Famitsu Oct 26-Nov 1

01./00. [PS3] Bayonetta (SEGA) - 138,430 / NEW
02./00. [PS3] Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai Games) - 120,304 / NEW
03./00. [NDS] Final Fantasy Gaiden: 4 Warriors of Light (Square Enix) - 119,634 / NEW
04./00. [PSP] Persona 3 Portable (Atlus Co.) - 108,343 / NEW
05./02. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 72,699 / 732,603 (-18%)
06./01. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.) - 68,843 / 2,840,072 (-31%)
07./00. [360] Bayonetta (SEGA) - 66,211 / NEW
08./03. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo) - 52,736 / 1,453,001 (+2%)
09./04. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2: Threat of the Invaders - Fire/Blizzard (Level 5) - 40,436 / 535,771 (-18%)
10./00. [WII] Super Robot Taisen NEO (Namco Bandai Games) - 31,870 / NEW

11./00. [360] Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai Games) - 26,341 / NEW
12./00. [PSP] Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Universal Tuning (Square Enix) - 20,143 / NEW
13./09. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 17,647 / 1,301,557 (-3%)
14./00. [NDS] Fresh PreCure! Asobi Collection (Namco Bandai Games) - 15,184 / NEW
15./08. [PSP] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Special (Koei) - 13,030 / 36,089 (-43%)
16./05. [NDS] Rune Factory 3 (Marvelous) - 12,299 / 57,193 (-73%)
17./10. [PS3] Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (SCEI) - 10,759 / 83,686 (-40%)
18./00. [WII] Sin and Punishment 2: Successor to the Sky (Nintendo) - 10,476 / NEW
19./00. [NDS] Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (CyberFront) - 10,455 / NEW
20./12. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Starry Sky (Square Enix) - 9,653 / 4,005,019 (-17%)
21./13. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom) - 8,452 / 1,055,454 (-5%)
22./11. [PSP] Gran Turismo Portable (SCEI) - 8,101 / 222,666 (-33%)
23./00. [PS3] Way of the Samurai 3 Plus (BEST) (Spike) - 8,008 / NEW
24./00. [PSP] Elminage II: Sousei no Megami to Unmei no Daichi (The Twin Goddesses and the Land of Destiny) (Starfish SD) - 7,641 / NEW
25./00. [NDS] Umihara Kawase Shun Complete Second Edition (Genterprise) - 7,019 / NEW
26./28. [360] Steins; Gate (5pb) - 6,095 / 26,782 (+43%)
27./17. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu Portable 4 (Konami) - 6,009 / 207,443 (-17%)
28./27. [NDS] Love Plus (Konami) - 5,989 / 151,767 (+34%)
29./00. [PS2] Sekirei: Mirai Kara no Okurimono (Present From the Future) (Alchemist) - 5,971 / NEW
30./07. [PS3] FIFA 10: World Class Soccer (Electronic Arts Victor) - 5,659 / 29,943 (-77%)

*. [PSP] Kenka Banchou Portable (Spike) - 5,300 / NEW
*. [NDS] Sword World 2.0: Game Book DS (Broccoli) - 3,800 / NEW
*. [PSP] Taishou Yakyuu Musume: Otome Tatsuno Seishun Nikki (Taishou Baseball Girls: Girl's Adolescent Journal) (5pb) - 2,600 / NEW
*. [PS2] Nade Pro: Kisama mo Seiyuu Yattemiro! (Kisama - Dare You Even Voice!) (GungHo) - 2,500 / NEW
*. [PSP] PuriSaga! Portable (Abel) - 1,100 / NEW
*. [NDS] Date ni Game Tsui Wake Jane! Dungeon Maker Girls Type (Idea Factory) - 1,000 / NEW
*. [NDS] Konami Arcade Collection (BEST) (Konami) - 760 / NEW
*. [PSP] Motorstorm: Arctic Edge (SCEI) - 590 / NEW

Bar Chart Oct 26-Nov 1 (thanks to JoshuaJSlone/garaph.info)

2009-10-26

Note: Image may be delayed from the time of this post, but will automatically show once the data is ready.

Recent Famitsu Top 30s

Sep 28-Oct 4, 2009
Oct 5-11, 2009
Oct 12-18, 2009
Oct 19-25, 2009

Brofist

Road said:
Jan. 28th.

DS will spoil PS3's RPG party.

Well, beaten...
FFXIII will have the majority of it's sales before DQVI even hits. It's not like DQVI could even dent it's sales regardless.

Khrno

kpop100 said:
FFXIII will have the majority of it's sales before DQVI even hits. It's not like DQVI could even dent it's sales regardless.

Road isn't talking about FFXIII, but about all the other RPGs coming in Jan/Feb.

Khrno

Yes

Road said:
01/28

02/04

02/10
[PS3] Sacred 2 (Spike)

Jonnyram

Segata Sanshiro said:
Jonny, you're better than this. You think Sony wants the PSP Go to fail during the launch window to save on server costs?
Haha, when you put it that way, I can see what a crazy thing I said. And I'm sure they'd much rather have bad publicity from servers crashing under the load than from the hardware not selling. Thanks for taking my blinkers off :)

Top Bottom