• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2013 (Aug 26 - Sep 01)

All right, it's probably fair to say that Vita is not going to be discontinued at the end of the current FY in April/May.

I'm not convinced that Vita TV will be a success by any means, and I continue to see no viable path to a turnaround outside Japan, but SCEJA is at least going to keep trying with the platform through 2014, and I can't overlook that it finally had its very first major third-party exclusives announced (as in 400K+, possibly over 500K realistic sales potential) for the JP market. That kinda changes things.

Edit: Oh, only one major exclusive, PS Nova. Well, I'll stick with most of the above.

Scum

As a side note the Vita TV is the type of device I think Nintendo should succeed the Wii U with.

Cheap ($100-$150), generally powerful enough (especially by the time the Wii U's life is over), can output to a TV, and still can accept whatever peripherals they want to use with it.

They can even base their handheld on similar parts and just upclock the ones in the box a la the iPad versus the iPhone.

Add in an account system, rename the online infrastructure to Nintendo Miiverse and make Miiverse the centre of attention on both hardware. But yeah, Nintendo should definitely consider this.

All right, it's probably fair to say that Vita is not going to be discontinued at the end of the current FY in April/May.

I'm not convinced that Vita TV will be a success by any means, and I continue to see no viable path to a turnaround outside Japan, but SCEJA is at least going to keep trying with the platform through 2014, and I can't overlook that it finally had its very first major third-party exclusives announced (as in 400K+, possibly over 500K realistic sales potential) for the JP market. That kinda changes things.

Edit: Oh, only one major exclusive, PS Nova. Well, I'll stick with most of the above.
I was going to ask you about that major exclusive but then you edited.

PS Nova is still big though.

Shahed

Do we have a rough idea when PS Nova is out? It'll have good sales, but how long will the Vita flounder till then? I guess we could more announcements as TGS, but I doubt we'll get anything with better sales potential than this

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PS4 costs even more than we imagined, though. It's at 41,979 Yen (normal pack), not 39,990 as we all thought. Very, very expensive.

Anyone else surprised by the complete absence of Konami at the conference?

Those guys didn't even bother to port a yearly football game to next gen consoles. Literally the only thing they have for next gen atm is a port of MGSV.

mao2

PS4 costs even more than we imagined, though. It's at 41,979 Yen (normal pack), not 39,990 as we all thought. Very, very expensive.
It is 39,980yen, just a wee bit higher than PS's and PS2's launch price of 39,800yen. 41,979yen is the price including tax.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the price of the new vita(not vita tv!) will be 19,800 yen? Same with the OG Vita?
18,980yen (19,929yen including tax).

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Ehh I think the PS4 launch lineup is pretty lackluster. It will sell well initially, but I have seen nothing to indicate it will do well after that post launch period. Of course, I also thought Wii U would do well, so what do I know.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, it was a shit game (sorry, RevenantKioku), but it sold lots of PS3s.

...When PS3 price cut, and then FFXIII bundle happened. Before that? Not that much, I fear. Remember PS3 sales for 2007-2008 and good part of 2009? Softwarewise too?

Mr Swine

Banned
So will Sony lump Vita and Vita TV together if Vita TV sales takes of? If let's say that Vita TV sells over 100k a week compared to 10k for Vita, is Sony then going to discontinue Vita?

Kid Ying

Ehh I think the PS4 launch lineup is pretty lackluster. It will sell well initially, but I have seen nothing to indicate it will do well after that post launch period. Of course, I also thought Wii U would do well, so what do I know.
I think its a little better than wiiu launch. Its not a great launch at all, but it shows promise. Having games like deep down and that suda game makes you feel like third parties are investing on it. Wiiu had nothing like it till this day.

But february hurts a lot. Makes me very sad to see. I remember when everything from japan launched earlier... I will get the ps4 even still, but i hope wiiu crush this holiday so sony can see what they missed. People said there was no games, but that never was a viability. What a shame...

The PS4 install base would probably be way too small for SE to launch the game in 2014 anyway.

From Garaph:

Final Fantasy XIII release date: December 17, 2009
PS3 install base in week 2009-12-14 (PS3 week 163): 4,265,969

Final Fantasy X release date: July 19, 2001
PS2 install base in week 2001-07-16 (PS2 week 73): 4,574,562

I personally think FF XV will be a fall 2015 title at the earliest.

DaBoss

Wow a lot of news, can anyone send me a link to the summary thread please.

I don't think Vita TV will do better than the Vita, nor is it the product for Japan. But I guess their mentality is there will be someone willing to buy it, so it will bring in a bit of software sales.

They didn't even have the confidence to make Ishin PS4 only :(

That wouldn't have been a smart move.

Wow a lot of news, can anyone send me a link to the summary thread please.

I don't think Vita TV will do better than the Vita, nor is it the product for Japan. But I guess their mentality is there will be someone willing to buy it, so it will bring in a bit of software sales.

That wouldn't have been a smart move.

Yea, Vita TV seems more targeted to the west and hoping for impulse buys. In Japan, there's no reason for it since home consoles are a wash there anyway.

RalchAC

Is PS4 41,979 Yen or 39,980? I suppose 41,979, since that's the total with taxes included, no?

Still, here's the PS4 launch lineup

There isn't a Hot Shots Golf games for the PS4? It usually is an early PS platforms titles, right? No Ridge Racer is weird too.

I think TGS will have some PS4 games. Probably Japan will get some F2P announcements like we get early. PSO2 and Ridge Racer: Driftopia have a good chance of happening.

Seeing how many games are getting PS3/4 releases, I think we may see the next Tales of game in both consoles.

saichi

Dissapointed ?

Phantasy Star Portable sold something like 500k on PSP
Soul expansion will be 100k+ seller
Yakuza should do nicely
Samurai Warriors is also quite big

Nova probably won't do as well on VITA
100K seller is nothing to be excited about
Ishin is not on VITA
You are not serious about Samurai Warriors, right? If so, a lot of titles are quite big.

Thank you. I do love me some Studio Ghibli.
And I am sad about Miyazaki retiring from directing

Porco Rosso 2 is coming!

nightever

Nova probably won't do as well on VITA
100K seller is nothing to be excited about
Ishin is not on VITA
You are not serious about Samurai Warriors, right? If so, a lot of titles are quite big.

Porco Rosso 2 is coming!

While it's a multi-platform, Samurai Warriors is actually a big title.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Code:
[B][U]Comgnet Software Sales Rankings: Week 36, 2013 (Sep 02 - Sep 08)[/U][/B]

[b]01. [PS3] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist – 80pt
02. [PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate (Limited Edition) – 60pt[/b]
03. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle (Limited Edition) – 40pt
04. [3DS] Disney's Magic Castle: My Happy Life – 29pt
[b]05. [PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 2 (Limited Edition) – 28pt[/b]
06. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life – 28pt
[b]07. [PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: Music 2 (Limited Edition GoGo Box) – 27pt
08. [PS3] Puppeteer – 25pt[/b]
09. [3DS] Youkai Watch – 25pt
10. [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – 22pt
[b]11. [PSV] Killzone: Mercenary – 19pt[/b]
12. [PS3] Lost Planet 3 – 19pt
[b]13. [PS3] Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate (Ultimate Collector's Edition) – 17pt[/b]
14. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Real Reborn – 17pt
[b]15. [PSP] Kisaragi Gold Star: Nonstop Go Go!! (Limited Edition) – 16pt[/b]
16. [PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey Ace – 13pt
17. [3DS] Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone – 12pt
18. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition – 10pt
19. [PSP] God Eater: Burst (PSP the Best Reprint) – 10pt
20. [PS3] The Last of Us – 10pt
[B]* New releases are in bold
* 1 pt = 1 sale
PS3 - 8
3DS - 5
PSP - 4
PSV - 2
WII - 1[/B]

No Tsutaya yet, but I'll post it when it releases.

JoJo heading for a second week drop bigger than Xillia?

enishi

JoJo heading for a second week drop bigger than Xillia?

I think the general user review is really bad for JoJo, unlike Famitsu editors.

It is already 56% off for new box (normal version) in Amazon, a signal of bomba if it did not sell 400k first week...

Pooya

so, how do you think RgG Ishin will sell?

- It's a launch title and the only Japanese launch title that is of proven/known quality. The rest are bad/late/too small games
- It is also on PS3.
- Apparently it's even more like a JRPG

I think this franchise has a shot to increase its sales from the usual 500k+ and pick up new fans. A number of people will be buying that PS4 that might not be among those people that usually buy these games and they don't have much of q choice if they're not into western games. So while it can maintain those fans still on PS3 and the portion that will be migrating to PS4 at launch and picking it up, it can reach to new people simply because of lack of competition.

Unless 2015 has been confirmed, you guys are being pretty pessimistic about FFXV. There's no reason to think it won't be out next year.

test_account

XP-39C²
Unless 2015 has been confirmed, you guys are being pretty pessimistic about FFXV. There's no reason to think it won't be out next year.
Square Enix doesnt seem to have the best track record on getting these games out though. But i agree that there is a chance for a 2014 release for Final Fantasy 15. This game was apparently in developement for years on PS3. It depends on how much work that was already completed and how much work it would take to make a PS4 version instead.

Top Bottom