• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2015 (Aug 24 - Aug 30)

I forgot about the Mario Kart, but I'm not really sure it and Splatoon will reach 1.5 million before the Wii U is replaced.

Being an online focused game that is updated constantly it has the potential to sell for a very long time. 1.5m might be too optimistic though I agree, all depends on it's performance after holidays.

The new Kamen Rider Battride War is ps3/ps4/vita only... no wii u like the previous entries, release next year
http://gamestalk.net/kamen-rider/

It was only one previous entry that released on WiiU:

231 - PS3 Kamen Rider: Battride War II 59,777 / 85,192
43 WIU Kamen Rider: Battride War II 6,827 / 6,827

I can see why they dropped it. Not that I think it's going to do particularly better on PS4Vita (and it's going to decrease again on PS3).

Is it Battride War 3? Can't click the link from home.

It was only one previous entry that released on WiiU:

231 - PS3 Kamen Rider: Battride War II 59,777 / 85,192
43 WIU Kamen Rider: Battride War II 6,827 / 6,827

I can see why they dropped it. Not that I think it's going to do particularly better on PS4Vita (and it's going to decrease again on PS3).

Is it Battride War 3? Can't click the link from home.

ah my bad. always thought the 1st game is on wii u as well..
it's battride war creation, not battride war 3

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Because of the small Wii u install base i doubt it will reach that

Mario Kart Globally has ~54% attach rate, and generally in many countries is at >50% attach rate.
In France, as for June 2015, Wii U Sold 590,000 Unit, and Mario Kart Sold 500,000... This is a huge 85% attach rate.

Splatoon is bigger than Mario Kart in Japan, so, Over 50% attach rate for Splatoon is not a Problem.

sörine;177938915 said:
Splatoon's driving the install base higher though. It's basically Monster Huntering Wii U.
Ans This.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Splatoon is doing great, but it's at 700k after the launch and a very solid period of sales. I can't see it continuing selling THIS well, and even increase its weekly pace, honestly, so it is still hard to me seeing it reaching 1.5millions in Japan alone.
We will see!

DrWong

Splatoon is doing great, but it's at 700k after the launch and a very solid period of sales. I can't see it continuing selling THIS well, and even increase its weekly pace, honestly, so it is still hard to me seeing it reaching 1.5millions in Japan alone.
We will see!

If we go with a 15K/20K weekly sales until week 52 it should sell another 250/300K units at retail and if you add the (30% to 35%) digital sales you're at +1M in week 52. And there's a big chance it will follow the MK8 route (will be up this fall).

Ryng_tolu

Banned
We will see!

So, You Say that The weekly Sales will not increase this Holidays?
Ok...

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If we go with a 15K/20K weekly sales until week 52 it should sell another 250/300K units at retail and if you add the (30% to 35%) digital sales you're at +1M in week 52. And there's a big chance it will follow the MK8 route (will be up this fall).

do we know as a sure fact that the digital sales % will stay similar to the one saw near launch? do we have evdence (not only for Splatoon, but in general) for this kind of behaviour?

So, You Say that The weekly Sales will not increase this Holidays?
Ok...

Weekly sales will improve during holiday weeks. Holiday weeks are still pretty far ahead. We are now tracking early September weeks right now. Real Holiday bumps usually occurs very near the Christmas period. We still have three full months ahead beore entering December.

mao2

The blog removed the <0.2 thing

He loves to play
I think he was making fun of the Xbone version, hence the "&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;". 0.2 is probably 0.2&#19975;, meaning 2,000 copies sold. Also just a while ago he said that it sold less than half of Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin for 3DS.

hiska-kun

I think he was making fun of the Xbone version, hence the "&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;". 0.2 is probably 0.2&#19975;, meaning 2,000 copies sold. Also just a while ago he said that it sold less than half of Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin for 3DS.

Well <0.2 means less than 2k

Thanks, this part seems ok now

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Weekly sales will improve during holiday weeks. Holiday weeks are still pretty far ahead. We are now tracking early September weeks right now. Real Holiday bumps usually occurs very near the Christmas period. We still have three full months ahead beore entering December.

Mario Kart 8 is dropped under 10k before Holidays Sales. And do You know what's happen in December? Mario Kart Sales Are rise to Over 30k, The week 52 Mario Kart 8 Sold nearly 40k.
FACT IS, Splatoon is tracking Over Mario Kart 8, and by a HUGE margin in weekly Sales ( we talk about Splatoon above MK8 by 2:1 ) and that's NOT gonna Change, at least not This year.
Here what's gonna happen:
Splatoon will dropped at ~15k or why not, maybe even less, and during December will Sell Over 40k, most likely Over 50k.

Many thing can happen, BUT Splatoon at 1 million withouth digital in 2015 is a lock. With digital probabily Over 1.2 million.

1.5 million is pretty easy.

mao2

Well <0.2 means less than 2k

Thanks, this part seems ok now
I think the "&#65308;" is just a speech bubble.
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#8745;_&#8745;
&#12542;(&#8978;&#65288;&#65417;´&#12540;`&#65289;&#65417; &#65308;0.2&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;
&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#8745;_&#8745;
&#12542;(&#8978;&#65288;&#65417;´&#12540;`&#65289;&#65417; &#65308;&#12385;&#12394;&#12415;&#12395;&#12491;&#12531;&#12472;&#12515;&#12468;&#12540;&#12398;&#21322;&#20998;&#20197;&#19979;&#65437;&#65402;&#65438;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;&#65367;

ZhugeEX

Banned

I'd be surprised if the Xbox version sold 2k lol.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Mario Kart 8 is dropped under 10k before Holidays Sales. And do You know what's happen in December? Mario Kart Sales Are rise to Over 30k, The week 52 Mario Kart 8 Sold nearly 40k.
FACT IS, Splatoon is tracking Over Mario Kart 8, and by a HUGE margin in weekly Sales ( we talk about Splatoon above MK8 by 2:1 ) and that's NOT gonna Change, at least not This year.
Here what's gonna happen:
Splatoon will dropped at ~15k or why not, maybe even less, and during December will Sell Over 40k, most likely Over 50k.

Many thing can happen, BUT Splatoon at 1 million withouth digital in 2015 is a lock. With digital probabily Over 1.2 million.

1.5 million is pretty easy.

It is at 700k with digital: I can see it reaching 1 million by the year end, but continuing selling so good to be able to reach the 1.5 million mark "easily", to outsell "easily" FFXV PS4 is not a lock to me. that's all :)

crinale

The sad thing is Konami isn't likely printing more of Japanese physical XB1 version, due to lack of demand (so they say).

Ryng_tolu

Banned
It is at 700k with digital: I can see it reaching 1 million by the year end, but continuing selling so good to be able to reach the 1.5 million mark "easily", to outsell "easily" FFXV PS4 is not a lock to me. that's all :)

1 Million with or withouth digital?

casiopao

Splatoon is going to reach at least 1.8 mill i am sure lol. Splatoon is more or less mini Monster Hunter for Wii U here. And with Mario Maker bundle coming, we will see even more people get Splatoon in holiday there. Nintendo title is also famous for their long long.....tentacles here.^_^

The problem is that Splatoon is quickly running out of user base to sell through as it is outpacing Wii U hardware. It can certainly break a million, but I think it will peter out before 1.5 million. It will be close to the best selling home console game of the generation in Japan, it depends on how the PS4 user base grows for Dragon Quest and the split between the 3DS and PS4 sku.

casiopao

The problem is that Splatoon is quickly running out of user base to sell through as it is outpacing Wii U hardware. It can certainly break a million, but I think it will peter out before 1.5 million. It will be close to the best selling home console game of the generation in Japan, it depends on how the PS4 user base grows for Dragon Quest and the split between the 3DS and PS4 sku.

DQ had almost 0 chances of beating Splatoon here. 3DS is going to eat up it's lunch by a lot. And like how we see Smash Bros 4 3DS vs Wii U, we know how much the consoles sales will be eaten here.

Mory Dunz

I wonder if these Splatoon estimates are getting a bit extreme...
the bundle will help

but going upwards of 1.5m and even up to 2m?

How much are people expecting it to sell on a weekly basis in 2016? Surely not 20k or 15k right? Even 10k might be high.

EDIT:
Wait no, it's Mario Maker getting the bundle. Oops

ivysaur12

Banned
my estimate:

BEDn0oN.jpg

DrWong

the bundle will help

How much are people expecting it to sell on a weekly basis in 2016? Surely not 20k or 15k right? Even 10k might be high.

Don't do that, be more specific: only one person said 2M ltd, there's no "these extreme Splatoon estimates".

Sure thing around 1M at the end of the year. Very realistic: at +1M at the end of the year. The ltd will depend on lot of things but I'm pretty sure end of Q1/start of Q2 the game will be around 1.2M. Is it extreme?

the bundle will help

I think I'm lost now with all these Splatoon posts. 1.5 to 2m lifetime? and 1.2 to 1.5m by the end of this year?

If this is what's suggested I think it's possible (with digital) but clearly it's going to be a big achievement for a new franchise. Maybe not Wii Sports like but regarding Wii U hardware presence it would be very good (for a very good game).

test_account

XP-39C²
Hopefully Nintendo will announce when Splatoon hits 1 million. Then we can get some idea how much the download version has sold.

Is the unofficial Splatoon bundle still being sold by the way?

DQ had almost 0 chances of beating Splatoon here. 3DS is going to eat up it's lunch by a lot. And like how we see Smash Bros 4 3DS vs Wii U, we know how much the consoles sales will be eaten here.

I still think FFVII Remake will be the best selling home console game this gen. True, brand strenght of FF has suffered during the years but I think if affects more to XVs sales potential than VII Remakes. We are talking about the best selling FF game of all time that is getting completely remade and not just some remaster treatment. It will sell to current FF fanbase and to the older players looking for nostalgia trip. Of course we have to see how it actually looks and plays and will it be developed in time (unlike XV) but if they go with U4 (like rumoured) and knowing that some stuff like plot, characters etc. already exists I actually believe that it will not end in development hell. We are still talking about probably 2018 at earliest for release though so we shall see.

casiopao

I still think FFVII Remake will be the best selling home console game this gen. True, brand strenght of FF has suffered during the years but I think if affects more to XVs sales potential than VII Remakes. We are talking about the best selling FF game of all time that is getting completely remade and not just some remaster treatment. It will sell to current FF fanbase and to the older players looking for nostalgia trip. Of course we have to see how it actually looks and plays and will it be developed in time (unlike XV) but if they go with U4 (like rumoured) and knowing that some stuff like plot, characters etc. already exists I actually believe that it will not end in development hell. We are still talking about probably 2018 at earliest for release though so we shall see.

.....i don't want to said this though but......... I don't even think FFVII is going to come out this gen here.T_T I mean, yeah U4 is going to help but KH,DQ and FFXV is not even out yet. FFVIIR i feel will come out at least in PS5 or cross gen here.T_T

ZhugeEX

Banned
.....i don't want to said this though but......... I don't even think FFVII is going to come out this gen here.T_T I mean, yeah U4 is going to help but KH,DQ and FFXV is not even out yet. FFVIIR i feel will come out at least in PS5 or cross gen here.T_T

I disagree.

Mory Dunz

?

This is confirmed?
Oops. Got it confused with Mario maker

Don't do that, be more specific: only one person said 2M ltd, there's no "these extreme Splatoon estimates".

Sure thing around 1M at the end of the year. Very realistic: at +1M at the end of the year. The ltd will depend on lot of things but I'm pretty sure end of Q1/start of Q2 the game will be around 1.2M. Is it extreme?
Several people have said >=1.5 though.
And no I don't think 1.2 is extreme. But there's a big 300k diff between that and 1.5 when sales drop off for a game, especially with a small userbase.

Mory Dunz

My predictions since well over a year ago:

FFVX: Fall 2017
KH3: Fall 2018
FF7R: 2020 (This one was predicted when the game was announced obv)

Whether 2020 is still this gen or the next...hm not sure. Could be cross.

Mory Dunz

^
I thought XV was confirmed for 2016?

I don't care what they say at this point tbh. lol
(And that trailer/announcement came out after my prediction was made in June 2014, but I haven't seen enough to move from that prediction...)

If Splatoon legs were depending only to existing Wii U install base it would have slowed down long time ago.

Wii U confirmed to stay over 10k then?
never thought I would see the day

Top Bottom