• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

overcast

What are your thoughts on only wearing tshirts (graphic snd plain) and jeans daily outside the office? Different colors. I haven't ventured into other styles.
I wear shirts quite a bit lately since I'm in Southern California. Doesn't change the fact that I personally love to mix it up with henleys, button ups, different types of t shirts in general, and various pant types.

It's a solid, clean look, if it's what you like stick with it. I like to have a little more fun though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
What are your thoughts on only wearing tshirts (graphic snd plain) and jeans daily outside the office? Different colors. I haven't ventured into other styles.

tumblr_mqxaih6nxy1qargt4o1_500.jpg

Zekes!

I tried on that varsity from Club Monaco I posted about the other day. It fit quite nice, though it was cut too high on my waist for my liking. Wouldn't be an issue if I tucked my shirt and wore my pants higher on my waist, but I'm not about to start doing that.

It might be more of a bomber than a varsity...though sometimes the differences can be kind of blurred.

seems fine, it's pretty much what i've been wearing for the last few weeks in the evenings if you replace t-shirt with plain v-necks

Question for you old(er) guys in this thread; do you think your colleagues notice and judge you if you wear raw denim/the same pants frequently? I have enough pairs to go two weeks without repeating but I'm always worried someone will notice that I'm wearing the same pants day after day. I hope this changes as I get older, though, I'm too lazy to keep it up.

Question for you old(er) guys in this thread; do you think your colleagues notice and judge you if you wear raw denim/the same pants frequently? I have enough pairs to go two weeks without repeating but I'm always worried someone will notice that I'm wearing the same pants day after day. I hope this changes as I get older, though, I'm too lazy to keep it up.

What is this post even saying? It makes no sense.

nah you're good as long as you change your top, underwear and socks daily
Here's the Zegna suit I bought recently. It has a faint checkered pattern that you can sort of see in the photo.
You sexy beast

friday

Is there something wrong with wearing the same pants everyday?

Looking good luckyboy.

I've got a destination wedding in Mexico this Novemeber and want to rock some sweet white suit type outfit. Who can help me? Not necessarily white coat, but for sure white pants, or very light khaki. And navy blazer? I haven't had a new suit purchase in a long time and this would be a good excuse.

What clothing company makes the best polo shirts?

in before Polo Ralph Lauren

I'm vouching for Uniqlo. Bought 3 polos from them in the last month, all of them have lived up to their expectations. Fit is fantastic, look good, and the quality is amazing.

I'd also throw a vote for Express but eh. They're too expensive, double the price of Uniqlo's and the quality is so-so. Used to be, their polo's were worth every penny, but these days it's been slowly going down the drain. I've got a shirt I bought last year that I've only worn 5 times since it keeps shrinking and shrinking everytime it goes in the wash. -____-

Looking good luckyboy.

I've got a destination wedding in Mexico this Novemeber and want to rock some sweet white suit type outfit. Who can help me? Not necessarily white coat, but for sure white pants, or very light khaki. And navy blazer? I haven't had a new suit purchase in a long time and this would be a good excuse.
White suit is pretty bold. White pants should be enough to accomplish the look you're going for.

Pairing them with a navy blazer is definitely a good look, I've done this a number of times this year. That's probably the combo that will get you the most bang for your buck if you need to purchase both items.

White suit is pretty bold. White pants should be enough to accomplish the look you're going for.

Pairing them with a navy blazer is definitely a good look, I've done this a number of times this year. That's probably the combo that will get you the most bang for your buck if you need to purchase both items.

Yeah I didn't really plan on a white coat. Probably too flashy. Got any recommendations on things under a grand?

Dina

How does Doublju fit? I realise we are dealing with a slimfit Korean streetbrand here, but anyone got experience with say, their XXXL shirts or sweaters? Does that compare to American XL or XXL?

I like the marble ones more.... Not sure how I feel about their lows, generally. They look kind of like megaman shoes in person.

yeah the marble ones are rad but i don't think the lows are that chunky imo if that's what you mean by megaman shoes. hell, the last couple of margielas have looked more megaman than balenciaga

Kanguro

Neo Member
Thinking of buying this jacket http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/drome-zip-up-leather-jacket-item-10332440.aspx

Thoughts on the price? I can afford it but don't have much reference to know if it's ridiculously overpriced or about right.

Also not sure about the site. Tried the jacket on in Saks and this is in line with their prices, but maybe there's some other deeply discounted online only store where I can find it for cheaper? Google didn't help much.

I've been lusting for a leather jacket for a while and really want to invest in something that will last me some time and that I really love. Fell in love with the look, fit and feel of this jacket when I tried it on, but I haven't really done much shopping around. I'm very picky with fashion... usually buy something and wear it until it falls to pieces and then look for a replacement.

the price looks about right for that level of leather jacket. if you really want it, i'd say go for it. it's a little too atelier looking for me though

Antagon

Need some ideas for workwear tops for the fall winter. Something that would work well with slim raw denim and rougher (iron ranger muleslinner) boots.

Somewhat affordable is a plus.

Edit: what's up with the skirt in those leather jacket picks? Is there really someone that thinks that that combination will help sell it?

Top Bottom