• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Thinking of buying this jacket http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/drome-zip-up-leather-jacket-item-10332440.aspx

Thoughts on the price? I can afford it but don't have much reference to know if it's ridiculously overpriced or about right.

Also not sure about the site. Tried the jacket on in Saks and this is in line with their prices, but maybe there's some other deeply discounted online only store where I can find it for cheaper? Google didn't help much.

I've been lusting for a leather jacket for a while and really want to invest in something that will last me some time and that I really love. Fell in love with the look, fit and feel of this jacket when I tried it on, but I haven't really done much shopping around. I'm very picky with fashion... usually buy something and wear it until it falls to pieces and then look for a replacement.
I don't know anything about the quality of this label but they have a few versions on yoox at about half price (no black). But, if you like how it fits, looks, and feels, and are picky... Why not buy?

Boken

Banned
it depends on what look youre going for, what collar the shirt has, how skinny you are

things like that.

but yeah, its a fine look. dont let the haters confuse you, they probably wear slacks. like alucrid for example

Wow, those red pants look killer. I've been wanting a pair but I haven't found a good one... looks like I might going to my local GAP soon.

Should you button the top button on a button-up shirt? I always did and it looks find I think.

This depends on the shirt. Most shirts have the standard length between the top button and the first button and those pretty much won't work unless you want your neck to look like a squeezed sausage. IIRC H&M has a selection of the top button friendly shirts, but it's H&M so you might be able to use it only once before it falls apart in the washing machine lol.

Either way, it's a great look if you can pull it off. But it can also look ridiculous if done wrong.

Should you button the top button on a button-up shirt? I always did and it looks find I think.

if your gonna unbutton, then do it all the way

006.jpg

What do you mean fitted? Like tailor made for your body? Not sure you could get that kind of service for 70. You could get like J crew factory shirts for 30-40 and spend the rest on tailoring though.

So guys, I need some help. I'm a pretty slim guy, 5'7 120lbs and I like buying clothes. It's sort of a bad impulse habit. Anyway, I've been having urges to invest in some
more
raw denim.

My question to you guys is, should I buy them a slightly bigger size? 29 is a perfect fit for me. I don't plan on getting much bigger (at least waist wise, my goal is to get to a healthier weight of 140) and I'm hoping that it doesn't force me to buy bigger jeans because I already have a couple of expensive pairs at size 29/30.

Subscribed just lost forty pounds in the past five months and all of my clothes are too huge this seems like a great place to get some inspiration from.

So guys, I need some help. I'm a pretty slim guy, 5'7 120lbs and I like buying clothes. It's sort of a bad impulse habit. Anyway, I've been having urges to invest in some
more
raw denim.

My question to you guys is, should I buy them a slightly bigger size? 29 is a perfect fit for me. I don't plan on getting much bigger (at least waist wise, my goal is to get to a healthier weight of 140) and I'm hoping that it doesn't force me to buy bigger jeans because I already have a couple of expensive pairs at size 29/30.

Size 29 should be fine, since I'm 140 pounds and that's what I wear. Besides, raw denim stretches a little.

Subscribed just lost forty pounds in the past five months and all of my clothes are too huge this seems like a great place to get some inspiration from.

manshion makeover time.

I just got a navy suit from suit supply.

Now I want another suit from suit supply. I'm thinking of getting either a midnight blue suit or a grey suit. I work in a traditional office but am known for being stylish so I get away with things. Which suit would be best as my next one? So far I have black and navy.

Personally I'd go for the cotton ones. I get jealous of the Americans in here. I go onto the online stores based in America and can stack up a basket worth a couple thousand dolalrs. For what I'm paying, I'm extremely happy with what I'm getting. Then I get to shipping costs and its nearly as expensive as buying the clothes. Sucks.

Yes GAP, that's you.

Really want to start putting more mind into what I wear as I enjoy looking at nice clothes but I probably shouldn't start until I firm up. Currently around 165, 5-10 and need to get a bit more fit in terms of tone. Know if I buy clothes now most of them probably won't fit. Don't have loads of money either.

What are some recommended options on the cheaper side? I generally stick to Slim fit levis and J Crew button ups/polos

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah if you're planning to get in shape then I'd suggest doing that first and then buying new clothes, otherwise you'll just end up rebuying stuff.

overcast

I'm worried about that too since I just started hitting the gym harder. But I'm 6'3/6'4 and 183. I think I'll be wearing large on most things for some time here.

friday

I just got a navy suit from suit supply.

Now I want another suit from suit supply. I'm thinking of getting either a midnight blue suit or a grey suit. I work in a traditional office but am known for being stylish so I get away with things. Which suit would be best as my next one? So far I have black and navy.

A lighter color grey suit is always a good choice. Very versatile and works in all seasons.

Something in this color

FK00041_LIGHT-GREY

Boken

Banned
A lighter color grey suit is always a good choice. Very versatile and works in all seasons.

Something in this color

FK00041_LIGHT-GREY
agree with this. light grey suits are the best kind of suit, after navy suits of course.
charcoal is for conservatives. never wear a black suit unless its a tuxedo.
Which fabric shall I choose...

Really dig the top one, but it's 60$ more expensive.
sugar cane produces a weird pattern on the weave. another vote for cotton
hope they turn out good
aww yuesss

waywt dressing room edition

slp/slp/theory/dh

i have a tummy

I went down Melrose today trying on white t-shirts. Hit up APC, Theory, Marc Jacobs, and Opening Ceremony. Opening Ceremony is the most uncomfortable store I have ever been to. Reminded me of a bad party in a too-small house. Ugh.

Rookje

waywt dressing room edition

slp/slp/theory/dh

i have a tummy

I went down Melrose today trying on white t-shirts. Hit up APC, Theory, Marc Jacobs, and Opening Ceremony. Opening Ceremony is the most uncomfortable store I have ever been to. Reminded me of a bad party in a too-small house. Ugh.
You live in SoCal? We need to have a SoCal meetup imo

Does anyone have a 10"+ drop for suits? I'm wondering if OTR will look funky on me now that I lost weight and I'm between 10"-11" difference in shoulders to waist. I'm not sure if the proportions and pockets will look sill when they have to take it in.

Lirlond

28/38 is pretty common no? I think its when you get above that you'll notice the drop more. My wide hips mean I wont have the problem till I hit 42 chest.

28/38 is pretty common no? I think its when you get above that you'll notice the drop more. My wide hips mean I wont have the problem till I hit 42 chest.

I'm a 44" shoulder with a 33/34" waist. Most of the stuff I try on looks fine in the shoulders but is really baggy looking by the waist.

South Africa meetup. All of your exchange rates work in your favour, the place is cool to chill out at and there's plenty of things to see or do. Durban is where it's at!

dpatel304

Could anyone recommend me some shoes to go with a variety of colored shorts. I mostly stick to khaki shorts, but would like for these shoes to go with several different colors.

I had a pair of plain white shoes, which I really liked, but I do a lot of walking in them and white is pretty hard to keep clean. I'd prefer something that is comfortable to walk in, easy to keep clean, and preferably under $100.

Just got my Airism shirts and all I can say is... wooooooooooow.

This is one of the most amazing things ever.

This thing is so damn thin and light, it feels like wearing breathable plastic. My paycheck needs to get here fast, I'm gonna order 3 more lol.

I also ordered a pair of button ups, fit is amazing as always, but the length is too damn long. I look like I'm wearing a damn skirt lol. Should I was this first then get it altered or should I get it altered before washing it?

Top Bottom