• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

How does one achieve this hairstyle? Or mainly, how does one change the direction of their hair..

Jason_Momoa_0055_.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Today I noticed a single long, white hair. I'm only 23 and I'm not under stress nor am I depressed or have any medical problems. And I stay away from alcohol, drugs and tobacco. If anything, I've been a bit down lately due to some family matters but I always try positive thinking. What could be the probable causes of this? It would be rather dull to start going gray at this young age.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone have any recommendations for a natural hair product to treat dry scalp?

I'm allergic to some ingredients in selsum blue/head and shoulders, basically anything that is supposed to treat my dry scalp/dandruff I break out in hives all over my body after use.

So if someone has a good rec for an all natural solution I'm all ears. I've tried the warm olive oil wash and that works sorta, but not that great.

My dandruff can get pretty bad, but I recently incorporated a cold shot of water at the end of the shower and that helps out a bit, but I need something else to go along with that.

Rehynn

Anyone have any recommendations for a natural hair product to treat dry scalp?

I'm allergic to some ingredients in selsum blue/head and shoulders, basically anything that is supposed to treat my dry scalp/dandruff I break out in hives all over my body after use.

So if someone has a good rec for an all natural solution I'm all ears. I've tried the warm olive oil wash and that works sorta, but not that great.

My dandruff can get pretty bad, but I recently incorporated a cold shot of water at the end of the shower and that helps out a bit, but I need something else to go along with that.

This is a product that I believe is pretty good for dry scalp and hair: Faith in Nature Jojoba conditioner. There's a shampoo that goes with it too.

Rösti;58223200 said:
Today I noticed a single long, white hair. I'm only 23 and I'm not under stress nor am I depressed or have any medical problems. And I stay away from alcohol, drugs and tobacco. If anything, I've been a bit down lately due to some family matters but I always try positive thinking. What could be the probable causes of this? It would be rather dull to start going gray at this young age.

It could be anything, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know quite a few people who got a few white hairs in their early 20s but didn't start graying. I got my first white hair while I was writing my MA thesis, but haven't had any since.

GAF, any recommendations on how to style straight Asian hair?

Apply a light product, put a cat on your had, then scare it - boom, awesome hair. But seriously, you can pretty much do whatever you want with it. Look through this thread and see what captures your imagination. A side part or the short sides + slicked-back top are both good-looking and timeless styles.

-Minsc-

Rösti;58223200 said:

31 now. I've had the same 6-8 white hairs on head since I was around 25. Nothing to worry about. Even if you do go a little grey, rock it and own it.

maxxpower

31 now. I've had the same 6-8 white hairs on head since I was around 25. Nothing to worry about. Even if you do go a little grey, rock it and own it.

So true, I have a few white/gray hairs and I actually like having them because it adds a bit of spice to my dull black hair.

I need some gel, wax, or oil that can keep my hair held in one place for the day. Since summer is pretty much here I want one that can hold in hot weather. For a long time I have been using this.

fe-straight-fixation-smoothing-creme.jpg

This works great, but it is only good in some styles and does not hold hair. So this does not suit my needs. Also, I do not really want to have to order online so retailers would be nice.
Under $25

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I need some gel, wax, or oil that can keep my hair held in one place for the day. Since summer is pretty much here I want one that can hold in hot weather. For a long time I have been using this.

This works great, but it is only good in some styles and does not hold hair. So this does not suit my needs. Also, I do not really want to have to order online so retailers would be nice.
Under $25

Most gels should be able to hold your hair pretty easily. I haven't used a gel in over a year but pretty much every brand that I've tried has done the job, and my hair is really thick and wavy.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What you guys think of Joseph Gordon Levitt's haircut from his latest trailer.

3OF9K2l.png

It's nice, but you really need to have the face for this. I think he has the face, but his hairline is too far up that in one of those collage pics his forehead looks like it juts straight out pretty harshly and his hair looks like playdough on a flat surface.

I'd try it if I weren't cursed with chubby cheeks. I've seen dudes with my face structure try and pull it off. Didn't like it.

BadTaste

Under $25

This stuff is EXCELLENT if you have short-medium length hair. Smells great too.

Moofers

Took my copy of Bioshock Infinite to my stylist and requested the Booker cut from the cover art. I need to grow it out a bit, but I'm on my way. Having a hell of a time getting my bangs to stop curving though. Using a blowdryer for the first time in my life.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Took my copy of Bioshock Infinite to my stylist and requested the Booker cut from the cover art. I need to grow it out a bit, but I'm on my way. Having a hell of a time getting my bangs to stop curving though. Using a blowdryer for the first time in my life.

Get some alcoholic stubble

GAF, any recommendations on how to style straight Asian hair?

The biggest thing about Asian hair is the original hair cut. I got asian hair and I find you need a decent length to be able to style it at all. If its really short and sticks straight out, pomade/cream I found works decently and any longer wax works best.

Boken

Banned
The biggest thing about Asian hair is the original hair cut. I got asian hair and I find you need a decent length to be able to style it at all. If its really short and sticks straight out, pomade/cream I found works decently and any longer wax works best.

are you saying i can prevent my short hair from sticking out?! :O

so gaf

what haircut is good for a thin long face pointyish chin and an above average size forehead?

im so bored of bangs and medium sides

Any hairspray suggestions? Just looking for a basic hold. Gonna go in on some American Crew pomade/wax and figure that I get some hairspray as well.

are you saying i can prevent my short hair from sticking out?! :O

so gaf

what haircut is good for a thin long face pointyish chin and an above average size forehead?

im so bored of bangs and medium sides

need pics man.

Rehynn

Of all the hairsprays I've tried - Got2b was the best, but that's not saying much.

I second that. Not sticky, smells OK (if at all), holds great, easy to comb out. Like I said before, I can easily go 5 days without having to wash my hair if I use a water-based pomade + Got2b hairspray.

Pocks

think I'm gonna take about 3-4 inches off today...

I'm probably going to regret it, but it's summer — and this length is becoming a chore.

BadTaste

I'm probably going to regret it, but it's summer — and this length is becoming a chore.

You'll regret it just like I did.

Style Fox said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQs96q97yc

Psoriasis and a lame SCAR on my face is stopping me from trying a hairstyle like that, fuck it all.

Pocks

3-4 inches? That's like 6-8 months worth of growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgQs96q97yc
Yup. I've been growing it from my normal length since around October or so. It's about 5.5" on top now. I honestly don't know what cut to go with. I need to decide within the next 2 hours haha

You'll regret it just like I did.

Shit. Well, maybe I'll go with this one.. it's what I originally planned on doing. My hair is just so damn thick.. I had it thinned out about a month ago, but that only helped for like 2 weeks.

Pocks

^ I get the impression you need a beard to compliment those hairstyles :p I'm 23 and can barely get a stubble.

I have about a half inch of beardage goin on now. Actually, the growth areas are almost identical to the guy in the picture: not very high in the cheeks, cheeks not connected to mustache, and chin up to bottom lip not filled out.

BadTaste

I have about a half inch of beardage goin on now. Actually, the growth areas are almost identical to the guy in the picture: not very high in the cheeks, cheeks not connected to mustache, and chin up to bottom lip not filled out.

Alright don't brag..

This stuff? and if so - £20, wat.
Basically. It was in the red container though (sumowax?). I don't remember it being that pricey at my barbershop but I'm also in the states so who knows.

Now is as good a time as any to take some length off, being summer and all. With that said, that's a lot of hair. You might just try 2 inches and see what you think before you lop the whole thing off.

Any tips on how to achieve Gosling's hair style from Only God Forgives? It's the same basics as his normal cut but...Styled different perhaps? Any details and tips would be appreciated.

only-god-forgives-image02.jpg

tumblr_m8gnw0NpxD1qc4bg8o1_r2_500.png

Best part of any new Gosling film is the influx of hair questions/photos that come with it.

Honestly, it just looks like a messier version of his traditional side-part, cut a little higher on the sides and with a less defined part. Looks like it's probably a #2 on the sides/back and just kept longer on top.

kaskade

Posted the same shiet in the pictures of yourself thread:

Got about a half a year left of growing that hair out, but do you think I can pull it off or should go with a shorter haircut again like this:

Help me GAF and keep in mind that my friend's photos is alot better then the picture I took of myself, heh. Feel like that short cut is a bit 2010 though.

I actually like it long. I feel like not many guys can pull it off without looking unkempt like you do.

Top Bottom