• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
Daisy_doom.jpg

Last edited:
No need for that. They already disappeared after the PS5 specs reveal

I've sadly started to lose interest here because the first page is purely Sony vs Microsoft with no end in sight (at least until the consoles get released). On top of other aspects of GAF that have sadly turned a little more biased, I don't really see myself commenting much here anymore.

I am going to buy a PS5 years down the line as I can't afford to buy one Day one anymore and don't care about Power or anything like that.

"Specs don't matter" threads are the same as "Wow only 10tflps" threads IMO.

Yeah, it's the same crap with a different name. "Emperor's New Clothes" should be the appropriate Title for these new threads that end up with people arguing stuff. Both consoles have advantages/disadvantages and people choose a side to shout the loudest. I can't be doing with it now.

Mista

Banned
I've sadly started to lose interest here because the first page is purely Sony vs Microsoft with no end in sight (at least until the consoles get released). On top of other aspects of GAF that have sadly turned a little more biased, I don't really see myself commenting much here anymore.

I am going to buy a PS5 years down the line as I can't afford to buy one Day one anymore and don't care about Power or anything like that.
giphy.gif

Mista

Banned
To be fair, I have seen you frustrated with the state of things as well.

Don't you think the "Console War" Threads are too much?
More than too much mate. Is having a 1000 threads on the same topic is actually needed? What are some trying to prove?

Mods released a "new rule" yesterday and I have yet to see it applied. Nothing I can do unfortunately so less interacting from me

More than too much mate. Is having a 1000 threads on the same topic is actually needed? What are some trying to prove?

Mods released a "new rule" yesterday and I have yet to see it applied. Nothing I can do unfortunately so less interacting from me

At least I am not alone in that aspect. Feels like we are getting more to GameFAQs Territory (I can only assume the influx may have been from there).

I wouldn't know about the new rules unfortunately, although I have been some older members here being banned from the last few months, so it feels like some are moving on or getting into trouble with arguing their point? I don't know really...

Mista

Banned
At least I am not alone in that aspect. Feels like we are getting more to GameFAQs Territory (I can only assume the influx may have been from there).

I wouldn't know about the new rules unfortunately, although I have been some older members here being banned from the last few months, so it feels like some are moving on or getting into trouble with arguing their point? I don't know really...

Funny how till today everything said in that post by a mod still happening but nothing gets done about it
Why can’t you whingers just ignore those threads like I do? I don’t even notice them, I just scroll past.

Toughen up, people!
How to do that when its flooding the first page even other news gets buried?

Again, it has nothing to do with "toughening up" its hideous

Last edited:
Starlight Lotice Starlight Lotice Take a break, then. Or ignore 'em. Or jump into the mix and bite back.

I do feel as though we have more brand shills and political shills arriving with conspicuous timing to parrot official PR talking points, whether it is from the gaming companies or from CNN.

Makes it harder to have a conversation, I agree. Not because of the annoyance or because their standpoint conflicts with my own, but because I keep bumping into NPCs who are nothing but a husk regurgitating "facts" they saw in a headline. And it's becoming pointless to respond because even when you present them your side of the argument or facts that contradicts their FUD, they just dip out of the thread and start the same shit in another one.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’ve actually been kind of enjoying gaming side.

Absolutely, it’s been taking on a conflict-focused direction, and I do agree that there’s a lot of duplicate threads, but a lot of the points being made are really interesting and informative.

I mean, if it’s a month later, and everyone is still stuck on this, sure, but we have concrete details on the two new systems for the first time. That’s a hot topic.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Why can’t you whingers just ignore those threads like I do? I don’t even notice them, I just scroll past.

I do not understand these complaints, threads I don't like are threads I don't visit, and there are lot's of threads here I do like. I also have the ability to create discussions of my own choosing. This is a temporary spike, don't ride the wave if you don't want to.

Both consoles have advantages/disadvantages and people choose a side to shout the loudest. I can't be doing with it now.

Same here, what's the issue exactly? Console war threads too tempting?

Same here, what's the issue exactly? Console war threads too tempting?

I just want some various discussion on games as well really. All you see at the moment is someone's opinion on why the PS5 kills Microsoft or why we should be concerned with PS5.

Both will do good in the end and given the Virus is disrupting a lot of places I go to IRL, coming here and not being able to find any interesting news means I will do something else to kill the time.

Ah well, at least the SEGA OT thread is quite lively!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I just want some various discussion on games as well really. All you see at the moment is someone's opinion on why the PS5 kills Microsoft or why we should be concerned with PS5.

Both will do good in the end and given the Virus is disrupting a lot of places I go to IRL, coming here and not being able to find any interesting news means I will do something else to kill the time.

Ah well, at least the SEGA OT thread is quite lively!
You can play videogames, read a book, play guitar,cook a pizza or learn latin.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How difficult is learning latin?
I only play videogames and cook a book manga though. One of my past acquaintances said it wasn't that hard though. Guy knew English, French, Spanish and classical Latin. (no idea what the difference is) A language in general can be learned through effort and time. People have that rn and the power of the internet. So yeah!
it's dead, jim
Priests.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I just made a non-hardware thread because of this post :)

Mista

Banned
I only play videogames and cook a book manga though. One of my past acquaintances said it wasn't that hard though. Guy knew English, French, Spanish and classical Latin. (no idea what the difference is) A language in general can be learned through effort and time. People have that rn and the power of the internet. So yeah!
I asked because I am learning Japanese for a year now so wanna compare latin to it

-Arcadia-

Banned
Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Can ignoring a member also ignore their reacts? Tired of seeing jarebear's 800 millionth heart react of the day all of the fucking forum no matter what thread I go to.

It doesn't currently, but while that doesn't really bother me all that much, I think the reactions should also be invisible if a person has chosen to ignore a particular user.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom