• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s just a minor guess, but I don’t think you get to do the whole woke ‘No u’ routine, when something like that comes out of your mouth.
I own that my wording was extreme, but any even handed person should be able to see it for what it was, a hyperbolic satire of the people on this forum who complain about games and movies that have pro-lesbian agendas or whatever. Maybe you're one of the people who like to say that political correctness is a cancer on gaming, perhaps that's why you've chosen to highlight someone taking on those views?

I mean if you're going to persist in painting me as the only person in this forum who ever said something controversial about women and sexual minority groups, why don't we dredge through a few threads and stitch together a big spoiler quote of all the homophobic bs that gets thrown around here? No? No, I'm the dumbest poster ever because my view is based on the idea of standing up for minorites and the like~ fiiine~ just another troll doing a gangsta lean past my toilet window~

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Which one looks dumber
poKJQHR.png
YPgyMFF.png
ThVm6XQ.png

Tesseract

Banned
I own that my wording was extreme, but any even handed person should be able to see it for what it was, a hyperbolic satire of the people on this forum who complain about games and movies that have pro-lesbian agendas or whatever. Maybe you're one of the people who like to say that political correctness is a cancer on gaming, perhaps that's why you've chosen to highlight someone taking on those views?

I mean if you're going to persist in painting me as the only person in this forum who ever said something controversial about women and sexual minority groups, why don't we dredge through a few threads and stitch together a big spoiler quote of all the homophobic bs that gets thrown around here? No? No, I'm the dumbest poster ever because my view is based on the idea of standing up for minorites and the like~ fiiine~ just another troll doing a gangsta lean past my toilet window~
giphy-downsized-large.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Kazooie believes (s)he is being targeted by A-Samus chan since she quoted him/her here. Also apparently we as a majority (neogaf) hate lesbians, which is ridiculous unless (s)he means western videogame lesbots then that is more of a 60/40 tbh. I'm surprised nobodies made a thread with a poll over the subject yet. More than anything, I just believe people want to look at pretty or cool things in general and science YES science has proved this before.

do not share/quote/or like this reply

Tesseract

Banned

reading the good book while i code, digging into various wki portals

tenor.gif

The Gutenberg Bible (also known as the 42-line Bible, the Mazarin Bible or the B42) was among the earliest major books printed using mass-produced movable metal type in Europe. It marked the start of the "Gutenberg Revolution" and the age of printed books in the West. The book is valued and revered for its high aesthetic and artistic qualities[1] as well as its historic significance. It is an edition of the Latin Vulgate printed in the 1450s by Johannes Gutenberg in Mainz, in present-day Germany. Forty-nine copies (or substantial portions of copies) have survived. They are thought to be among the world's most valuable books, although no complete copy has been sold since 1978.[2][3] In March 1455, the future Pope Pius II wrote that he had seen pages from the Gutenberg Bible displayed in Frankfurt to promote the edition. It is not known how many copies were printed; the 1455 letter cites sources for both 158 and 180 copies. The 36-line Bible, said to be the second printed Bible, is also referred to sometimes as a Gutenberg Bible, but may be the work of another printer.

200.gif

3 great men, wielding the same shield across time (y space)

54e3637b69bedd1904c66d28

barack-obama-12782369-1-402.jpg

The Lincoln Bible is the Bible owned by President Abraham Lincoln, and was later used by Barack Obama at his inaugurations in 2009 and 2013, as well as the inauguration of Donald Trump in 2017. The Lincoln family donated the Bible to the Library of Congress, which includes it in their collection.

Overview[edit]
The Bible is an Oxford University Press edition of the King James Bible. Published in 1853, it has 1280 pages, and measures approximately 6 inches (150 mm) long by 4 inches (100 mm) wide, and 1.75 inches (44 mm) thick,[1][2] and is bound in burgundy red velvet with gilt edges.[2][3] The back flyleaf of the Bible bears the seal of the Supreme Court of the United States along with a record of the 1861 inauguration.[4] The Bible is not a rare edition, and a similar Bible lacking the Lincoln Bible's historical significance would be valued at approximately $30 or $40.[4]

History[edit]
Donald Trump using the Lincoln Bible (being held by wife Melania Trump, with his personal Bible on top of it) to take oath of office at his inauguration.
Abraham Lincoln reached Washington, D.C. for his inauguration in 1861. His belongings, including his Bible, had yet to arrive. William Thomas Carroll, the clerk of the U.S. Supreme Court, fetched a Bible that he kept for official use. This became the Lincoln Bible.[5] Although the Bible remained with Carroll for a time, the Lincolns acquired it at an unknown time. The Bible later remained with the Lincoln family up until 1928, at which point Mary Eunice Harlan, the widow of Robert Todd Lincoln, donated it to the Library of Congress.[4] When the Bible was donated, it contained markers at the 31st chapter of the Book of Deuteronomy and the fourth chapter of the Book of Hosea.[6] Barack Obama chose this Bible for his inaugurations in 2009[3] and 2013.[7] The Bible was on display at the Library of Congress until 2009 in a celebration of the bicentennial of Lincoln's birth.[2] The Bible was used to swear in Carla Hayden as the 14th Librarian of Congress on September 14, 2016.[8] Donald Trump was sworn in on this Bible and his childhood Bible at his inauguration on January 20, 2017.[9]

merlin_156686217_24960f2a-5dea-4824-88e6-cdb516e207c4-articleLarge.jpg

vJkJGvx.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

Mista

Banned

What the fuck are you even talking about? Thats not GAF you’re describing. Maybe you should be around more because all of this is bollocks

bronk

Banned

Urprobablywrong

I feel like you boys and others are in need of Jesus or whatever God you may believe in. If I may be so bold, I'd like to share a tale of inspiration with you degenerates. A tale of facing adversity head on, rising up to the challenge dispite what kind of mind games that they may play. A true triumph of the human spirit. Never give up my friends.

Barnabot

Papa Papa you thought by getting brap permabanned that you could escape child support payments.

But what if I told you there is another. Brap's twin that I concealed their identity upon their birth from everyone, including themselves.

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima I'm sorry you had to find out this way..................................................... S O N.
so mhk we all know wants to takedown his own father just to become one of the top 5 gaf posters. what a tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom