• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudo

The toilet is the worst place I can think of in terms of a spatial necessity in life. I fucking hate being in the washroom, but it's a blessing to have one, especially a clean one.
What about your own toilet, though? That's the sweetest feeling ever, coming back from a trip or something and being able to just sit on your own toilet and knowing how it feels to belong. Not even Herman-Miller can recreate this feeling with their chairs. That's what I felt when I came back to GAF, man. It was like sitting on a familiar toilet.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Spot on, on getting banned, and immediately trying to recreate the same thing elsewhere.

It’s basically the California/Texas effect, in which large numbers of people are leaving the former for a variety of reasons, then voting for the same things in Texas.

It defies sanity, but it’s fascinating. I kind of want to understand, but I also don’t want the brain damage that comes with being able to think that way.

Stockholm Syndrome with a blend of Cognitive Dissonance.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
What about your own toilet, though? That's the sweetest feeling ever, coming back from a trip or something and being able to just sit on your own toilet and knowing how it feels to belong. Not even Herman-Miller can recreate this feeling with their chairs. That's what I felt when I came back to GAF, man. It was like sitting on a familiar toilet.
Now that explains the shit posting.

Thabass

Let's discuss why Papa Papa is so awesome.

tumblr_ngw45q9eF41rt479bo1_500.gif

He's less cringy than MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just want to say that I feel absolutely compelled to send someone's post a reaction if it catches my attention. Post a Youtube video that I click on and watch a bit (or all) of, you're getting a reaction from me. Post a funny picture that makes me laugh, reaction. Post a well thought out game review? Reaction.

There are a lot of good posts on NeoGAF that seemingly get no love, despite it being something like a video that people are obviously watching and commenting on. It's almost like people are hoarding all their likes for a rainy day sometimes.

Just felt that needed to be said is all. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Nymphae

Banned
I just want to say that I feel absolutely compelled to send someone's post a reaction if it catches my attention. Post a Youtube video that I click on and watch a bit (or all) of, you're getting a reaction from me. Post a funny picture that makes me laugh, reaction. Post a well thought out game review? Reaction.

There are a lot of good posts on NeoGAF that seemingly get no love, despite it being something like a video that people are obviously watching and commenting on. It's almost like people are hoarding all their likes for a rainy day sometimes.

Just felt that needed to be said is all. :messenger_winking_tongue:

My favourite is seeing likes from certain people on every post surrounding one of mine, but not mine lol. You can tell who doesn't like you or has you on ignore by like distribution sometimes lol.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m not always good about this, but I see reactions, or even written gratitude, as a way to incentivize great posting. If somebody made something I enjoy, or made me have fun, or laugh, I feel that I should let them know they did a great job. I think that not only encourages them to post more great content, but is a more human approach to the internet.

In real life, after all, if someone says something funny, you’ll instantly catch smiles and laughs, and an overall great atmosphere. I think the more human and natural things are, the more everyone has fun.

I’m not always good about this, but I see reactions, or even written gratitude, as a way to incentivize great posting. If somebody made something I enjoy, or made me have fun, or laugh, I feel that I should let them know they did a great job. I think that not only encourages them to post more great content, but is a more human approach to the internet.

In real life, after all, if someone says something funny, you’ll instantly catch smiles and laughs, and an overall great atmosphere. I think the more human and natural things are, the more everyone has fun.
What's interesting is how difficult it is for someone to receive a reaction on GAF. It's not as easy as one may think.

Honestly though, if someone is shitposting or reusing some meme image I've seen more than once, I don't feel like rewarding that post with a reaction. I'm okay with people having a laugh sometimes but it becomes too predictable and cringey now and makes me think of Reddit or 4chan or 9gag etc.
A running joke is a sign of a healthy community.

A running joke is a sign of a healthy community.
Yes, I know, because old NeoGAF was serious and the thought police etc etc. Now we can make jokes which as I said I don't have a problem with but I don't know how I'm supposed to react to seeing, for example, that weirdly edited photo of Trump or the blue moon with a face looking to one side. And that thread about doomers or bloomers, going by the definition, you mean to say loser, so why make up new words for existing ones? I guess the joke is that it's edgy humor but I always understood edgy to be cringey.

Yes, I know, because old NeoGAF was serious and the thought police etc etc. Now we can make jokes which as I said I don't have a problem with but I don't know how I'm supposed to react to seeing, for example, that weirdly edited photo of Trump or the blue moon with a face looking to one side. And that thread about doomers or bloomers, going by the definition, you mean to say loser, so why make up new words for existing ones? I guess the joke is that it's edgy humor but I always understood edgy to be cringey.
giphy.gif

Helios

Just don't react, I guess, if you feel like the joke hasn't landed for you. Or in the case of MHK, just give him a pity LOL so he can feel good about his reaction score.:goog_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Travis Scott
Shit rapper
Just don't react, I guess, if you feel like the joke hasn't landed for you. Or in the case of MHK, just give him a pity LOL so he can feel good about his reaction score.:goog_blowing_kiss:
I think Helios is a pretty cool guy. Eh bullies Konami and doesn't afraid of anything.

wtf I thought Hellios was spelt like this~

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned

You don’t have to react, edgelord. It’s not all about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom