• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAlien

Banned
Jesus christ gaming side is awful. The Dirt 5 video has the PS5 fanboys jerking off non stop I hope they have enough lube. I guess after the xbox version is fixed and it has 2% higher framerate with the same settings as the PS5 it will be the xbox fanboys turn.

O-N-E

789435.jpg

744225.jpg

giphy.gif

Uh... To be clear, I meant there's no way he did play it.

But yet again, I have no idea what you mean.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ gaming side is awful. The Dirt 5 video has the PS5 fanboys jerking off non stop I hope they have enough lube. I guess after the xbox version is fixed and it has 2% higher framerate with the same settings as the PS5 it will be the xbox fanboys turn.
Daily reminder that they shill their favorite systems

for free

I thought the worst thing about it for XSX was IQ settings on the 120hz mode. Some saying the XSX version is running at LOW PC settings and PS5 at Ultra.

1Y4an0q.jpg

brap

Banned
Pretty funny imo. The xbox fanboys were jerking themselves off about how the series x is so powerful but then all this shit comes out and they have to shut up or seethe lmao.

MetalAlien

Banned
I thought the worst thing about it for XSX was IQ settings on the 120hz mode. Some saying the XSX version is running at LOW PC settings and PS5 at Ultra.

1Y4an0q.jpg
Well whatever it turns out to be it will be fixed and the fever will break on the argument hopefully. This gen and even last gen the hardware is so similar it's always going to be down to tools or time constraints.

I mean this time the hardware is so alike it's ridiculous. The Xbox is like a 2070 and the PS5 is like a 2060 super. What a couple of percent advantage at best?

Well whatever it turns out to be it will be fixed and the fever will break on the argument hopefully. This gen and even last gen the hardware is so similar it's always going to be down to tools or time constraints.

I mean this time the hardware is so alike it's ridiculous. The Xbox is like a 2070 and the PS5 is like a 2060 super. What a couple of percent advantage at best?

If they fixed every launch game so they ran AS WELL as on PS5 I'd still be pretty disappointed, I thought the argument for getting a Series X was performance since PS5 clearly has the exclusive argument. Before this launch I was angling for both systems and now I'm feeling like I'll be fine with PS5 and a PC. I get that launch isn't the end all, be all (I mean imagine if Resistance: Fall of Man was the best graphics PS3 could push?) but it certainly feels like I can wait at least a year to see if an X is actually worth it. (Technically can't get either right now, a problem a lot of people are having). I get what you're saying about performance difference being small but it sounds like screen tearing is a persistent problem right now on X because of it and I'm not in possession of some fancy TV with VRR, I was happy to get a 4K TV that can do 120hz if I switch to 1080p, it also has 4:4:4, pretty sweet deal for the price I got.

MetalAlien

Banned
If they fixed every launch game so they ran AS WELL as on PS5 I'd still be pretty disappointed, I thought the argument for getting a Series X was performance since PS5 clearly has the exclusive argument. Before this launch I was angling for both systems and now I'm feeling like I'll be fine with PS5 and a PC. I get that launch isn't the end all, be all (I mean imagine if Resistance: Fall of Man was the best graphics PS3 could push?) but it certainly feels like I can wait at least a year to see if an X is actually worth it. (Technically can't get either right now, a problem a lot of people are having). I get what you're saying about performance difference being small but it sounds like screen tearing is a persistent problem right now on X because of it and I'm not in possession of some fancy TV with VRR, I was happy to get a 4K TV that can do 120hz if I switch to 1080p, it also has 4:4:4, pretty sweet deal for the price I got.
Pick the system that has the games you want. Whatever difference between them eventual forms a pattern (one is sharper or one is smoother, whatever) it will be VERY small. Dirt 5 is a software issue not a hardware one it will be fixed.

edit or pick the one that goes with your fan...

OnL2rJ4.jpg

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Banned
I mean, every multi-plat is better on PS5 at this point, something's up.
Yea Mircosofts crappy dev tools it appears. Remember during the PS2 launch when all the games had horrible jaggies and everyone was saying the Dreamcast was more powerful? Then GT3 came out and everyone shut up.... It will probably be like that but take less time.

Yea Mircosofts crappy dev tools it appears. Remember during the PS2 launch when all the games had horrible jaggies and everyone was saying the Dreamcast was more powerful? Then GT3 came out and everyone shut up.... It will probably be like that but take less time.

I thought XBOX and Gamecube had the best looking games that gen, tbh

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
My thoughts on re: console warring

I'm honest about which machine seems to be more powerful, which has the better price points, which has the better library, etc. They each have strengths and will appeal to different consumers with different consumption preferences. Console warriors need to realize that their preferences don't reflect and align with the market. There are a ton of people out there who take a wide variety of criteria into account when buying a console.

All of that said, neither company is "losing". This isn't a zero sum game. PS is going to continue to hold the install base lead but I think each of them will continue to grow and expand the market.

All of the tech specs, minor frame rate comparisons, and silly minor differences like Dynamic Latency Input and Adaptive Triggers don't mean much to the average consumer. In the grand scheme of things all of the squabbling console warriors are fighting a battle between the 45 yard lines and getting nowhere.

There are plenty of cool people in each "club"-SonyGAF, XboxGAF, and NintendoGAF. I enjoy talking to each of them about each platform and while they might joke every now and then the ones that are worth chatting with don't engage in the console warring.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
PS5 1 week impressions:

- Controller is a game changer. I often turned rumble off in the past, I find traditional rumble tech laughable and honestly it really hasn't changed much since the very first inception. It's more often than not simply annoying to me, I see what they are going for but for me it misses the mark. This is what they were going for. It's been fun to watch people play around with Astro, everyone I've let try it smiles when they walk over the PS logo on the floor at the start where you can feel the metal floor with your hands. Wild stuff I wouldn't have even imagined was possible with a controller. Something I would have tossed out has become one of my favourite new features, I thought I would be turning it off for COD multiplayer, but I love how solid it makes the guns feel, I swear I'm playing better because of the extra immersion level.

Also it's just a much better form factor this time. The bigger paddles feels nice in the hand vs. the old more curved DS4 paddles, which felt awkward to grip when I went back to it this weekend. The options/share buttons were horrible last time, now they are raised perfectly. Only thing I don't like is the touchpad (it's the most gimmicky thing imo, never used it once on PS4 for anything other than a map button, which is fine, but does it need that much real estate?) and I think the battery life is probably going to take a hit from all the stuff going on (mic, speaker, 3 different LEDs, rumble/triggers)

- loading times are a game changer. It's nuts. You feels this so much, <10 seconds for most stuff might as well be instantaneous. Like Demon's Souls from home screen, I'm in game playing in like 10 seconds. CoD I think would be even faster if it wasn't for the network connections and stuff. It's pretty wild to have this graphical fidelity load so fucking fast, with no noise coming from the console at all.

- 2 USB ports should be on the front of the consoles not the back.

- UI is simple and clean to the point of being boring, but I dig it. I went back to the PS4 briefly to transfer save files, and it was a chore. Boot time is long, UI is stutter-y sometimes, very similar UI design structure but the PS5 just looks and feels better.

Nymphae

Banned
The fundamental defect of the female character is a lack of a sense of justice. This originates first and foremost in their want of rationality and capacity for reflexion but it is strengthened by the fact that, as the weaker sex, they are driven to rely not on force but on cunning: hence their instinctive subtlety and their ineradicable tendency to tell lies: for, as nature has equipped the lion with claws and teeth, the elephant with tusks, the wild boar with fangs, the bull with horns and the cuttlefish with ink, so it has equipped woman with the power of dissimulation as her means of attack and defense, and has transformed into this gift all the strength it has bestowed on man in the form of physical strength and the power of reasoning. Dissimulation is thus inborn in her and consequently to be found in the stupid woman almost as often as in the clever one. To make use of it at every opportunity is as natural to her as it is for an animal to employ its means of defense whenever it is attacked, and when she does so she feels that to some extent she is only exercising her rights. A completely truthful woman who does not practice dissimulation is perhaps an impossibility, which is why women see through the dissimulation of others so easily it is inadvisable to attempt it with them. – But this fundamental defect which I have said they possess, together with all that is associated with it, gives rise to falsity, unfaithfulness, treachery, ingratitude, etc. Women are guilty of perjury far more often than men. It is questionable whether they ought to be allowed to take an oath at all.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom