• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezzy

Banned
I will unleash a tiger in your asshole.

tenor.gif

teezzy

Banned
KoF is neat but theres a lot of learning involved. Not only do you gotta grasp multiple characters due to the team aspect but then theres weird stuff like the three different jumps each character has etc

I love the roll though

brap

Banned
KoF is neat but theres a lot of learning involved. Not only do you gotta grasp multiple characters due to the team aspect but then theres weird stuff like the three different jumps each character has etc

I love the roll though
no wonder you love sc. just mash buttons and win lmao. turn youre brain off bro.

teezzy

Banned
no wonder you love sc. just mash buttons and win lmao. turn youre brain off bro.

What are you even talking about lol? I play Tekken too. Super intricate and involved. Maybe the most involved fighter there is.

Every fighting game can be mashy if you dont know what you're doing. Learning them proper will destroy any masher, Soul Calibur is no exception.

Fake

Gold Member
haha hey goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku and goku!

Press square for punch, press square two times for a punch + kamehame, press square three times for a punch + kamehame + super special move

teezzy

Banned
you cant do a 10 hit combo by mashing buttons in tekken. sc is baby shit which is why it got so popular.

I play both and respect both greatly. They each play very differently, you're right. I wouldnt call SC "baby shit" though. If you know what you're doing, you'll annihilate a button masher every single time. No question.

SC is less popular than Tekken, so idk where you're pulling all these talking points from. Still, I know better than to try and convince you of things once your mind is made up.

Agree to disagree as per usual.

Nymphae

Banned
That doesn't matter. You shouldn't be doing 85 hit combos on accident.

The systems are completely different though, an auto combo in DBF is not the equivalent of a high level combo being executed in other games. You will be destroyed repeatedly if this is your tactic. I don't know why people cry about the auto combos, they're there for mashers to have fun with each other, it doesn't make you a better player or make wins any easier against good opponents

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Yes, and most never played anything in the series after SC2.
I didn't say they did.

The systems are completely different though, an auto combo in DBF is not the equivalent of a high level combo being executed in other games. You will be destroyed repeatedly if this is your tactic. I don't know why people cry about the auto combos, they're there for mashers to have fun with each other, it doesn't make you a better player or make wins any easier against good opponents
What the fuck is DBF?

Fake

Gold Member

'Fun' and 'destroy' don't really match in this case. The fun part is to invest on a fightning game at the point of learning mechanics and combos and the satisfaction of seeing your dedication start to work.
Besides, Its not about 'auto combos', but about forcing people to use. 'Bruh, just don't used', Guilty Gear have options for auto and manual before enter the fight, Marvel Super Heroes as well.

IMO people are getting lazy even for have fun. Sometime in the future the video game will play the game for you.

What the fuck is DBF?

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
'Fun' and 'destroy' don't really match in this case. The fun part is to invest on a fightning game at the point of learning mechanics and combos and the satisfaction of seeing your dedication start to work.

Mashers wanna mash. not learn the intricacies of a games's mechanics. I don't see how including auto combos for babies lessens the achievement of spending the time to level up your personal game and being able to destroy auto comboers, which you can do in any auto combo game.

'Bruh, just don't used', Guilty Gear have options for auto and manual before enter the fight, Marvel Super Heroes as well.

Been a while since I fucked around with GG, you are at a disadvantage when you choose auto modes though right? Like it doesn't complete the best combos and IIRC damage output is also affected?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Mashers wanna mash. not learn the intricacies of a games's mechanics. I don't see how including auto combos for babies lessens the achievement of spending the time to level up your personal game and being able to destroy auto comboers, which you can do in any auto combo game.

Take a moment and read again my post. I not against auto combos, but against forcing people to use auto combos. There is no way of turn off auto combos on Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Thats why I stop playing DBF.

Nymphae

Banned
Take a moment and read again my post. I not against auto combos, but against forcing people to use auto combos. There is no way of turn off auto combos on Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Thats why I stop playing DBF.

Weird because I've never used one in DBZ outside of the training mode, how exactly is it forcing me to use them

Nymphae

Banned
To me it's always felt like this. Imagine a scale from 1-10, 1 being no combo ability at all, single button attacks, 10 being proficient with the highest level combos possible in the game.

In my mind, DBF simply shifted this scale right so that a level 1 player is capable of level 5 looking shit, and the top end looks even crazier.. AC's are still the low end of what's possible, it's literally hitting one button. They just made this more fun and visually interesting for people who don't have ability and aren't interested in learning, but I don't see the high level game being affected by this.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Weird because I've never used one in DBZ outside of the training mode, how exactly is it forcing me to use them

Press the same button and he will make combos, specials moves and even super special moves.

The recommendation is to 'not use the same button'.

Just to give you an ideia, my old brother is very lazy at learning fight games, I guess he spend most of the time playing only FIFA games and he is a DB fanboy, but he hated this game.

Fake

Gold Member
I did, I'm not following you. I am not forced to press one button repeatedly in DBF.

I talking about fightning games in general, not DBF. Again, I remember talking with you long time ago about that. This is called 'cheap damage', can be used to get distance from bullying chars or to engage combos.
The most popular form of cheap damage is using projects against chars without projects. Thats why 'Street Fighter x Tekken' was a flop.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I'm not sure what your point is really, you said there is no way to turn off auto combos in DBF and I'm just saying, you do that by not using them.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
I talking about fightning games in general, not DBF. Again, I remember talking with you long time ago about that. This is called 'cheap damage', can be used to get distance from bullying chars or to engage combos.
The most popular form of cheap damage is using projects against chars without projects. Thats why 'Street Fighter x Tekken' was a flop.

What the fuck are you even talking about.

Jesus. I'm siding with the flat earther.

Richard Packer

Gold Member
There is nothing wrong with letting casuals do auto combos. Let them have fun. People who bitch about auto combos have no clue how to play fighters.

There are some bnb's in dbfz that require you to do auto combos in the middle of a combo for the pick up. So they do open up new combo paths as well for veteran players.

I'm talking about automatic combos.

Cool.

Fake

Gold Member
There is nothing wrong with letting casuals do auto combos. Let them have fun.
Agree. I not against auto combos because as you said they have their porpuse, already stated that.

People who bitch about auto combos have no clue how to play fighters.

Disagree. Asking for a option to disable auto combos is not bitch at all. Ask for remove auto combos on the other hand, yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom