• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargor

It really depends where you live here. If you live anywhere south of Rio de Janeiro, you're probably golden. Go inwards or upwards and it's hot as fuck and you likely just won't have a good time.

Yeah, if you're living in rio de janeiro just dont forget to wear your bullet proof vest all day, every day and hope for the best.

teezzy

Banned
WiwuwHA.png

An orange Game Cube. How silly is this ideia of mini cd, still my favorite console.

Issue with the Gamecube is they went with strange proprietary Mini DVD's, because there were 2GB Mini-DVD's and later just a year or so later there were 4GB Mini-DVD's.

Some movies were even on Mini-DVD and that could have been something Nintendo could have taken advantage of but didn't because they like cutting corners. They basically stuck with the smaller Mini-DVD's until near the end of the GameCubes run as far as I'm aware.

However, this doesn't change the fact that you and Tezzy like Orange gamecubes which is bad...man, and that means you are both racist and a Nazi, calling mods to ban now.

Started playing Quake III: Arena for the first time last night after completing Quake II. Working my way through the seven tiers in single-player but it's a lot of fun. I like the visuals and matches can get pretty tense.

Also, the CG intro is pretty badass.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
qc is fun, the netcode will never live up to 3L and the ability system seldom breaks the dynamics / time

levels are quashed, keystone bugs / features like overbounce (nullified momentum) got ripped or gutted

Last edited:

brap

Banned
I really find the criticisms of this games visuals strange, it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen and I don't think they took too many liberties with the source material, I don't even get this meme
Looks like a bunch of cartoony bullshit like the Medievil remake.

Nymphae

Banned
Depressing japanese fantasy vs cartoony western fantasy like WoW
Doesn't even look like a japanese game anymore
y2c03gou1k451.jpg

ps3_ps5_demons_souls_3.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think people just like to complain, the game looks amazing. I don't think anything there looks "cartoony", I might say I prefer the art direction of the dragon from the first screen, but everything else looks improved to me.

I just don't like the glowing eyes and blue color grading in those comparison shots. I understand why they did it, as one way to clean up the visuals so that it pops out more, but it looks less unique now. However, the textures and lighting in the environment look pretty good. But color or lack of color does contribute to the atmosphere in my opinion.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a visual remake entirely get it. It is almost impossible to update something multi-generationally, and have it look both perfectly modern and faithful.

As long as they don’t do anything hideous or unbecoming to the game, I’m fine with it.

I think Souls looks lovely in its own right.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The recent multiplat comparisons kind of have me regretting my purchase. I know it's stupid because it's not like there's a massive difference between the PS5 and Series X versions of these games, but I can't help but feel I picked the wrong console to be my main multiplatform device. And I find the excuse of the dev kits not being mature enough a flimsy one at best that won't make that big of a difference in the end.

Maybe it's just all the negativity going around the forum that's getting to me. Sorry for the rant, I'm going to go try and enjoy some games lol

RIP 0

Richard Packer

Gold Member

I find it hilarious this thread was closed in order to save gaffers from themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom