• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Jare what in tarnation are you doing this time . . .
He deleted himself.

r0ghylY.png

Richard Packer

Gold Member
I was just looking at the ban thread to see what happened to that bastard. When I saw that M MIMIC got banned. That's a name I haven't seen in a long time. I remember I used to beat the shit out of his Balrog. Good times.

I like having him around but there's clearly something wrong with him that's beyond my knowledge. He could reach out to some of us for help if he wanted but I guess he'd rather just be away from here.

People passionately arguing about minute differences in the performance of their consoles that hardly anyone is going to notice or use in a real gaming session and extrapolating that flimsy evidence as a win for their team.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Arguing over minute differences is a win if you're a SONY bro because of dat exclusive argument doe. I feel like the only argument for XBOX is the value of Gamepass but none of the games being compared are on Gamepass, like what are you playing on that thing right now if you didn't shell out 60-70 for a game? Something you could be playing without a 500 dollar investment, especially if framerates and resolutions don't mean much to you. Just saying. Some people look at me posting like this as being a SONY shill, and hey, I'll admit I think SONY are the winners big time, but if you comb my post history I USED to tell people I was getting both, but it's becoming increasingly apparent there's no reason to get BOTH. I like it better when multiple consoles vie for my attention, I got a PS2 and Gamecube in the same night, about a year after getting an XBOX, I got the 360, PS3 and Wii, I owned the WiiU, Xbox 1, Xbox 1 S, Xbox 1 X, PS4 and PS4 Pro and will get a Switch when it gets a Switch Pro or Metroid Prime 4... I love gaming, saving money has never been my goal because other things are less important to me, I'd prefer all consoles had an argument for owning them but right now... what's the argument for me to get an X? Serious question.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
what's the argument for me to get an X? Serious question.
You want to play the Xbox exclusive games at the highest performance

or

You want to have Game Pass at the highest performance and don't want to or can't get a PC

or

Most of your friends are playing on Xbox

Maybe these don't apply to you, but they do apply to many others.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
People passionately arguing about minute differences in the performance of their consoles that hardly anyone is going to notice or use in a real gaming session and extrapolating that flimsy evidence as a win for their team.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif
That is what happens when you have no games.
Naq5JS8.png
YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

You want to play the Xbox exclusive games at the highest performance

or

You want to have Game Pass at the highest performance and don't want to or can't get a PC

or

Most of your friends are playing on Xbox

Maybe these don't apply to you, but they do apply to many others.

You have to keep in mind I removed financial motives from the equation, my PC isn't amazing right now but it plays all new games fine so far. I can't do ray-tracing but I haven't been convinced it's worth my time yet anyways (I mean in general, specific games do look great with it clearly). If you asked me why I considered a Series X as well as a PS5 earlier in the year it'd be because of multi-plat performance on a machine that's cheaper than building a new PC, if multi-plats are the same or even slightly better on PS5 that eats up 90% of the games I'd have played on a Series X, for the 10% remaining I can wait until I can build a viable new PC and play them there. I never liked the friends argument, they either follow me to the best platforms or they get left behind, but then I guess I'm a bit of an ass.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You have to keep in mind I removed financial motives from the equation
I did keep that in mind. None of those reasons I listed had money as a determining factor.

my PC isn't amazing right now but it plays all new games fine so far. I can't do ray-tracing but I haven't been convinced it's worth my time yet anyways (I mean in general, specific games do look great with it clearly). If you asked me why I considered a Series X as well as a PS5 earlier in the year it'd be because of multi-plat performance on a machine that's cheaper than building a new PC, if multi-plats are the same or even slightly better on PS5 that eats up 90% of the games I'd have played on a Series X, for the 10% remaining I can wait until I can build a viable new PC and play them there. I never liked the friends argument, they either follow me to the best platforms or they get left behind, but then I guess I'm a bit of an ass.
As I said, maybe these don't apply to you, but they do apply to many others.

I did keep that in mind. None of those reasons I listed had money as a determining factor.

As I said, maybe these don't apply to you, but they do apply to many others.

Oh, I'm fine with it applying to others. I'm not here to convince everyone alive the Series X isn't in their best interest. This is about me. I'm complaining about the system strictly from my perspective. I also don't know what you mean about money not being a determining factor, you said "can't get a PC" what else would that mean? I'm not really here to argue this like a console war, though, I'm arguing for me it's the most useless console ever released and I think the strategy is a flop for it. I also thought the Switch was stupid at launch, though, I still kinda do but I'd get it for a new Metroid Prime that's good. The Switch is an example of a time where it doesn't really matter how I feel, the market clearly wants it. This isn't me talking about markets and how they'll react, I can do that in other threads but I mostly use the meta thread to just talk about stuff relating to myself, it's kinda like the perfect place for pure honesty, I feel. So... again... the question is what's the argument for ME to get an X. I haven't seen it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
you said "can't get a PC" what else would that mean?
"Can't get a PC" means you can't get a PC. There are other reasons besides money why someone can't get a PC or don't want to get a PC.

I'm arguing for me it's the most useless console ever released and I think the strategy is a flop for it.
That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you to get one. You asked what arguments might apply to you, so I came up with a few.

I'm arguing for me it's the most useless console ever released and I think the strategy is a flop for it.
Xbox doesn't suit you. That's fine. Can't please everyone.

So... again... the question is what's the argument for ME to get an X. I haven't seen it.
Why do you keep asking this if there isn't one?

"Can't get a PC" means you can't get a PC. There are other reasons besides money why someone can't get a PC or don't want to get a PC.

That's fine. I'm not trying to convince you to get one. You asked what arguments might apply to you, so I came up with a few.

Xbox doesn't suit you. That's fine. Can't please everyone.

Why do you keep asking this if there isn't one?

You're getting tiresome. I can have dumb arguments like this anywhere else on the forum, why do you need to do this to me here? If you have no really cool reason for me to get a Series X then you can stop replying, this is the Meta thread, not the place for you to score points in some weird fictional war.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You're getting tiresome. I can have dumb arguments like this anywhere else on the forum, why do you need to do this to me here? If you have no really cool reason for me to get a Series X then you can stop replying, this is the Meta thread, not the place for you to score points in some weird fictional war.
Um, there's no argument here.

You're saying, "There's no reason for Explosive Zombie to get a Series X"

I'm saying, "That's fine".

I'm not trying to convince you to get one and I'm not sure why you think I'm trying to argue that point or even care about scoring points.

...anyways...

Where's Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity lately?

Some friend just recc'd me Steins Gate... is this a good recc? Why is he reccing me this? He said something weird about it... I'll quote him "You must watch it. Steins gate. And its counterpart. Steins gate 0. It brings understand of all to light." Like WTF is that, this is someone I haven't heard from in like 4 years, btw.

I thought it'd be fun to have the ability to watch flicks in my room but the way the TV and bed are positioned is not optimal and my computer chair is comfortable enough if I'm actively engaged in something like gaming but sitting and watching a movie it's not good enough. Annoying.

You ever have a problem you're 50/50 on or something and you don't want to say it out loud because you feel like it'll swing it in the wrong direction? That's me right now, I have a possible issue I'm not going tio comment on until I'm past it, if I can be past it, but it does affect my mood and postings.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
...anyways...

Where's Xaero Gravity Xaero Gravity lately?

Some friend just recc'd me Steins Gate... is this a good recc? Why is he reccing me this? He said something weird about it... I'll quote him "You must watch it. Steins gate. And its counterpart. Steins gate 0. It brings understand of all to light." Like WTF is that, this is someone I haven't heard from in like 4 years, btw.

I thought it'd be fun to have the ability to watch flicks in my room but the way the TV and bed are positioned is not optimal and my computer chair is comfortable enough if I'm actively engaged in something like gaming but sitting and watching a movie it's not good enough. Annoying.

You ever have a problem you're 50/50 on or something and you don't want to say it out loud because you feel like it'll swing it in the wrong direction? That's me right now, I have a possible issue I'm not going tio comment on until I'm past it, if I can be past it, but it does affect my mood and postings.
STFU and read the VN. Don't watch the anime.

Nymphae

Banned
What the fuck is going on here I got an infraction this morning for calling a shit disturber a troll, which I'm quite sure I didn't actually even do, no post is linked to the infraction and I just looked through the thread again, didn't call him a troll, so what gives mods?

Mods tell me to put people on ignore when I complain yet I get this shit when someone cries about....what exactly? Weak shit mods.

Man, you guys are confusing me, which version of Steins;Gate am I meant to go with? I do see this VN is overwhelmingly positive on Steam. So, that seems the way to go but I can't tell what other versions you fools speak of. Normally I'd just ignore a recc someone gave me but he also proceeded to tell me his mother passed away from pancreatic cancer so I may as well try and experience this shit.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Read the original title before it was milked/turned into the inferior anime version. You can play that on just about everything. Or don't if you hate to read or hate VN's.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Unrelated but we need a Coffee OT. Grounds and beans welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom