• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezzy

Banned
I hate the idea of "real" fighting games

Just let people have fun, damn. Every game plays differently. Learn to master it. Some people who are awesome at KoF get whooped in Smash and vice versa. It is what it is

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

uwKop4h.png

teezzy

Banned
I never really got into DoA or Virtua Fighter

Maybe I'll give those a proper go soon. I definitely prefer 3D fighters.
DoA6 looks especially tight

teezzy

Banned
I've never been too big on gimmick characters in general. it's chill that theyre included in some rosters, and I can definitely see that being a selling point for some, but ultimately they feel more like a novelty than anything else

In Tekken, I main Paul. I've dug him since Tekken 3. In SC I pick either Sophitia or Cassandra dependent on which version my friends and I are playing.

The annoying thing about playing fighters with friends though is that they mash 9/10 and on top of that they just bounce around from character to character every match then get upset when they can't really learn anyone. I've never understood that. Even worse, they expect you to change your character because you keep winning, etc

Saber

I did, I'm not following you. I am not forced to press one button repeatedly in DBF.

Let me explain since you can't understand what my brother is saying.

FighterZ is stupid of how dumb easy the movements are. Theres no learning curve, theres no different play styles. One can simply win a match by using the square button.

The example my brother gave is valid. Guilty gear allows you to choose 2 different styles - one for casuals and one for those who like the classic learning curves. On FighterZ theres no such a thing.

I pick this game in the hope it was like Guilty Gear, but lost interest 3 days after purchasing. Its so simplistic and easy that I felt like I was just mashing buttons.

I don't need to smash buttons in USF4. I have to learn the commands of the character I want. Character X special and Ultra combo may differ from character Y.

And so you can understand what we're talking about, we have no problem with you casuals. The problem here is that FighterZ doesn't give me a choice to not play on a casual mode. Hence why I think it sucks.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Killer Instinct is underappreciated

Real fast, lots of combos, fun characters, looks awesome, bangin soundtrack, etc

Last edited:

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Let me explain since you can't understand what my brother is saying.

FighterZ is stupid of how dumb easy the movements are. Theres no learning curve, theres no different play styles. One can simply win a match by using the square button.

The example my brother gave is valid. Guilty gear allows you to choose 2 different styles - one for casuals and one for those who like the classic learning curves. On FighterZ theres no such a thing.

I pick this game in the hope it was like Guilty Gear, but lost interest 3 days after purchasing. Its so simplistic and easy that I felt like I was just mashing buttons.

I don't need to smash buttons in USF4. I have to learn the commands of the character I want. Character X special and Ultra combo may differ from character Y.

And so you can understand what we're talking about, we have no problem with you casuals. The problem here is that FighterZ doesn't give me a choice to not play on a casual mode. Hence why I think it sucks.

If you lose to someone pressing one button you are as worthless as your brother.

Nymphae

Banned

This is insanely wrong. You can no more win a match in DBF with only pressing square than you could in SF, which is to say of course you could if your opponent was a retard

Presumably you want to play with them off, so you can do the normal combos, correct? This is absolutely pointless because you can still do higher level execution combos with the universal auto combo system on. Do them if you can, indeed why wouldn't you? I haven't actually heard a reason why specifically you want them turned off, it makes no sense at all to me other than to deny your opponent a tool for easy combos, which is irrelevant to the outcome of the match if you're already skilled at more technical execution.

And in GG, is it not possible to have matches against players who selected easy controls even if you yourself have selected the technical mode?

Have you ever watched high level play? Are you dominating online? Something tells me you weren't destroying fools online by hammering square. I'm not a huge fan of the game's playstyle myself, but you guys are on craack if you don't think there's more to this game than AC's

Saber

This is insanely wrong. You can no more win a match in DBF with only pressing square than you could in SF, which is to say of course you could if your opponent was a retard

Well, the game is pretty easy to maneveur since you can spam ally helpers(just like MvsC2) and dashes, so I would say its not wrong. Pressing squares at the right timing in conjuction with ally supporters do the trick(or not, if your timing is wrong). And tbh I don't think it would be that hard to find "retards" over online since this game is pretty simple to play.

Presumably you want to play with them off, so you can do the normal combos, correct? This is absolutely pointless because you can still do higher level execution combos with the universal auto combo system on.

My point is being forced to play on an auto casual mode. I know I can put 1 imput or 2 for a few different moves but the base still the same. Use special with the same imput isn't what I call "execution combos". I mean, even MvsC2 have diferents combos that varies in difficulty and complexity.

And in GG, is it not possible to have matches against players who selected easy controls even if you yourself have selected the technical mode?

Who cares? I just want to play with my settings and let the other plays with the ones the like. Thats the point. If you're talking about ranked, I'm sorry I don't have any interest in playing on competitive scenario.

On a sidenote, I remember seeing rankeds of FighterZ long ago(that before I had any interest in the game)and though the guy playing was a master of combos because of how much flashy combos he did. I pulled the same manuveur the next day after the purchase, so it wasn't much of a deal.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Tekken doesn't a need revenge meter/MAX move bullshit or auto combos. Also ffs give people their own fucking skeletons Namco you lazy fucks. Samey looking shit not even putting effort into differentiating the characters skeletons. Fucking women with broad ass shoulders shit smh.

ApAD0eh.gif

Do not @me

-Arcadia-

Banned
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I haven’t been around much lately, but this has always kind of been my home on Gaf, and I’d be remiss not to give you all my best.

It’s been super fun. It’s been moving at times. It’s made me want to stand up to people who are probably much larger than me in real life, and knockout punch them. Lol. Nonetheless, I hope you all have a wonderful day.

So the actual article headline for the latest Digital Foundry graphics comparison is that the new Watch Dogs is "essentially identical on PS5 and Series X" and yet the thread title is just a generic "graphics, performance, ray-tracing" and it's already five pages because... the PS5 has faster loading and something about puddles and reflections.

I mean, were people really expecting any major differences for a cross-gen open world Ubisoft game? Is someone out there keeping score of how many new games look and run better on either the PS5 or Series X, so they can bring up all of the "wins" for Sony and Microsoft?

I don't really care but if we're going to see multiple page discussions I think actual next-gen games that are utilizing the new hardware to the best of the developer's knowledge would be more interesting as far as comparisons go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom