• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a big communist friend who stopped talking to us for years because of Trump, I feel like he won't message me again until Biden is sworn into office. For some people these issues are so deeply a part of their being that if they're losing they can't handle seeing people championing the other side, even good friends. But if they're winning? Hey, let's be pals again. For me I prefer to disconnect from the issue that's causing me the stress, not other people.

When Obama was President I didn't cut people out of my life who supported him, I instead tried to cut the politics out of my life. With video games it's a bit different, I'll just go where the games are, always, I'm a fair weather warrior essentially... I admit to being a warrior but I can easily switch teams and be a warrior for them as well and have done it in the past, heck I'll still tell people PS2 sucked and Gamecube/XBOX were the KINGS of that gen, with politics I'm less malleable, I mean, on some issues I've changed perspective but my allegiance to right wing schools of thought in general is pretty unwavering.

It makes more sense to me than allegiance to pieces of plastic because the issues are more important... but, that said... I can survive the other side winning and have in the past, because I focus on ME and MY LIFE instead of worrying about the world as a whole. A lot of people who suffered from TDS would have benefited from doing something similar but they were constantly told by MSM the world is ending, so on the flipside on the console side I can picture someone who ALREADY bought one or the other having trouble suffering Gaming side right now since it's thread after thread of LOL THE XBOTS ARE THE LOSERS. Though I was pulling for PS5 victory (but not expecting it) it's been somewhat bad even for me, there's a level of gloating and aggression I can't stand and I even found myself filing one of my few reports ever against a SONY Pony the other day who I thought was going too far in a thread. Sore winners are worse than sore losers to me because at least the losers have something to be sore about.

I'm not sure why I'm ranting like this besides because I began musing on these things when I saw you hadn't posted in weeks and Jare left, also Hix requested a perm and I swear that's because of how toxic the war threads have become and he's an XBOX guy. Politics forum is similar, in fact... more similar than some people realize... wait for the tools in gaming is wait for proof of fraud in politics, lol, and while I believe Series X will handle games better in the future I believe SONY will as well and we're looking at parity, not the 20% gap in performance seemingly promised, whereas with politics... I know deep down in my soul Biden only won through fraud, whether or not it's fully proven... whether or not Trump retains the Presidency... well... I try not to pin my hopes on such things because unlike games I can't just adapt to the other outcome. I'm not going to suddenly champion Biden because he definitively wins but I have no problem buying a Series X if it starts playing games well again. Like I said, my go to for politics going against my way is to abandon politics because so much else interests me and brings me joy, it seems like for some people the same is true for gaming, though... either their side is winning or they're angry. I hate going through life angry so I shut out as much of it as I can.

Sorry for the rant, good to know you're still around.

-Arcadia-

Banned
888 888

dLzX12w.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don't like Brap getting banned over being le edgy but whatever.

I can see where if you don’t know that Brap can actually be a chill, sweet person, you might think he’s serious about women beating and such. Which... causes problems when you’re in charge, and people are coming in and saying, ‘What the fuck?’

If you do that kind of joke to strangers, it has to have some kind of nod or wink to it, where you can tell the OP isn’t serious.

On the other hand, since the election, this board is relatively, compared to what we’re used to, slathered in woke recently. People getting offended and acting like Reeeeeeefugees in every section. You can still speak your piece against it, but it’s not the most fun environment when that stuff happens.

I genuinely think a little bit of 4Chan, within reason as mentioned above, is a good antidote to that. It toughens people up, and sets a standard of grow thicker skin, or go away. That’s a really good thing.

Like the foot stuff. With them not allowed to seriously post anything, or have their weird OT, it’s just been a harmless in-joke, and honestly, one of the more amusing parts of Gaf lately.

Now, I don’t do this 9-5. I come here for entertainment. Maybe I don’t see things that they do. But that’s my take on it.

teezzy

Banned
Dude was my buddy

We argued a lot on here but it was always in good faith

Him and I had a decent chain of PM's reaching out to one another talking about movies and stuffz

I should've gotten his Discord or something. Shoot

Does brap even Discord? lmao

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Brap was given a month break for those wondering. I think its fair to say that we are pretry chill but it was creeping too far into "regular" threads on the gaming side which are really for everyone to enjoy and discuss. There are plenty of other threads for the meta and the lulz. Of course we want gaming threads to be enjoyable too but your average poster isn't following all these inside references.

O-N-E

So does brap brap need to put a disclaimer on all of his most ridiculous obvious edgy jokes?

Maybe he should sTuPiD fOnT to properly indicate in the future.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Do the increased ban time for each subsequent ban thing, if you really want to be here you'll start to correct yourself, if you don't, that's cool too it'll get sorted.

Last edited:

O-N-E

Need to try this sometime

paVeH3KY_o.png

Imagine putting a quota on creative work.

Also, if you want to torture yourself, watch "Portrait of a Lady on Fire". Passes the raging lesbo feminist test with flying colors.

• Witches
  • Lesbians
  • Hairy armpits
  • Hairy armpit drugs
  • Heavy smoking
  • Ridiculous abortion attempts
  • Abortion while lovingly caressing a baby
  • Insignificant and insultingly unnecessary male presence

Nymphae

Banned
To qualify for the list, a film has to have no named or speaking female roles – extras in crowd scenes or allusions to unseen women are allowed

1. The Thing
2. The Great Escape
3. First Blood
4. My Dinner with Andre
5. 12 Angry Men
6. No Escape
7. All is Lost
8. The Enemy Below
9. The Lord of the Flies
10. Sleuth
11. Glengarry Glen Ross
12. Outpost
13. Master & Commander
14. Billy Budd
15. Lawrence of Arabia

Not the worst list of movies, could be refreshing

Saber

Eh there was a guy that wasn't kidding in that same thread where he really thought only men should die in games and irl. I even made fun of him in that same thread.

I'm not sure how to react to those types of people though. Its hypocrisy of society.
It's a game, shouldn't be taking killing npcs like "its official, you're serial killer". But then we enter in the woman talk and we just move to "no, no, no... this is crossing lines" as if killing a random npc in a game determines what you are. Even more so the hypocrisy of " killing a murderous psychopat npc is ok as long its not a woman".
I'm frankly astonish mods allow people to call others homophobes and mysoginies here and there so easly.

Saber

expressing a desire to only want to kill females in a game certainly says something about you if it's not an outright joke

Keyword my dude, "only".
We ain't talk about only are we? We are talking about having baddies both males or females(FC5 is like this for instance). But even this for people is considered to be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom