• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronk

Banned
It's Sunday morning. Our good pal bronk bronk is still black out drunk. Let's give him the gift of gaming meta-talk so he has something to read after he kicks those random girls out of his bed.

What have you been playing guys and maybe girl(s)?

The kids and I have been playing so much Mario Kart. The assisted driving mode is one of the greatest features they added. This is a game the whole family can play together. My son has no clue what he's doing, he's just having a great time holding the controller and crossing the finish line. Perfect family game for those looking for something.

My daughter started playing Link's Awakening remake. I just watch her and try to coach and lend support. She loves it and is quite good. She hasn't asked me to pass anything for her. She was on the 3rd temple last time I saw her play.

As for myself, I try to sneak in some Doom Eternal when everyone else is asleep. I'm on an ice level. Still getting the hang of the grappling hook. This games kicking my ass and I'm loving it. Playing it in half hour bursts doesn't help for progression. I just run around slaughter shit, then die and call it a night.

I picked up Hitman 3 as well. I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I might just pop it in and fuck around for a while. Figure this is the perfect game to dick around in, without feeling the need to progress.

What about you fine people?
I think today im gonna try to beat Trojan nes without dying once. Its a super fun short playthrough. Vs mode is a hidden gem.

Edit: I think Trojan is still on my mind from all the golden wrappers I burned through last night.

Last edited:

Richard Packer

Gold Member
I think today im gonna try to beat Trojan nes without dying once. Its a super fun short playthrough. Vs mode is a hidden gem.

Whoa. I never heard about this game and just looked it up. Seems bad ass. I'm guessing it's a quick romp, so I might give it a shot tonight.

Edit: I think Trojan is still on my mind from all the golden wrappers I burned through last night.
kJb7etm.gif

Last edited:

Ionian

Its an arcade port. Arcade one was really fun too. The way you could block stuff and get pushed back by some bosses was really cool for an early nes release.
Had forgotten about that game. Used to love it as a kid in the arcades. Thought it was broken though as it kept saying 'Game Over' when I hadn't died.

Was one of the bastard machines Nintendo put out that credits only bought time on the machine.

Was too young to realize it. Must revisit it again now though.

bronk

Banned
Had forgotten about that game. Used to love it as a kid in the arcades. Thought it was broken though as it kept saying 'Game Over' when I hadn't died.

Was one of the bastard machines Nintendo put out that credits only bought time on the machine.

Was too young to realize it. Must revisit it again now though.
Damn I didn't even remember the timer thing.

Last edited:

Ionian

Damn I didn't even remember the timer thing.

Neither did I until I looked the game up. Got flashbacks.

Can only remember Mario and punch-out being other options but think there were more.

Real scumbag move by Nintendo, timer was very short for a tiny kid. Could barely get on the stool I was so small.

Can play it now though without one so cheers for that! :)

Komatsu

Wait, it seems there's no proper english translation for "Farofa". Can any americans confirm?
The dish looks something like this, or this

Apologies for the - very - late reply, but perusing Meta, I couldn’t let this post pass by unanswered.

I’ve seen it called corn flour in many a menu, though of course we know it’s often made of cassava, eggs, etc.

Source: Brazilian parents, have a Brazilian passport, my wife loves Texas de Brazil.

Haven’t had churrasco since this pandemic started and it’s killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom