• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

tenor.gif

Appreciate it, brother!

sHCf8Qw.gif

source.gif

God I missed posting my GIF's!

Good to see you guys. Sorry I left so abruptly. I got some bad news about a family member, and honestly, I think I burnt myself out posting too much. Someone pointed out that I made over 1,200 posts in a month, and that shocked me as well. I have quite an addictive personality so I tend to latch on to things in extremes. Lately, I've been doing really well to tone down my internet usage. I've been using this website blocker that essentially blocks you out of sites on certain days. Whilst that doesn't treat the symptom, it does bring me some self-awareness when I mindlessly open up a tab.

Anyways, enough about that. Happy to be back, and in a better mindset.

You guys are the best!

How's the exercise regime going my man?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
How's the exercise regime going my man?
Pretty well, actually. Thanks for asking!

I've been pretty consistent with doing a home workout at least once a week, as I don't want to burn myself out. I do want to eventually go to two times a week and then go from there.

I've honestly been enjoying jogging the most. Pretty much most mornings now I go for a run, assuming I sleep well. My sleep is still a bit spotty, but I'm getting better with it.

How about a neat weeb? (Note the figurines)

Only thing I see wrong is that sunlight is shining on the spines and boxes of everything. Sure way to fade everything prematurely. I see a lot of stuff I recognize from my own collection, and the DS collection is a thing of beauty. I really need to get into an actual house again soon so I can see up my man weebcave and get my stuff out of storage tubs in the closet. How will the women know to vamoose if they don't see shelves full of anime girl figures and vidya in my bedroom when we go for coffee?

Ionian

Only thing I see wrong is that sunlight is shining on the spines and boxes of everything. Sure way to fade everything prematurely. I see a lot of stuff I recognize from my own collection, and the DS collection is a thing of beauty. I really need to get into an actual house again soon so I can see up my man weebcave and get my stuff out of storage tubs in the closet. How will the women know to vamoose if they don't see shelves full of anime girl figures and vidya in my bedroom when we go for coffee?

There's something about picking up a sun-damaged book that is amazing.

Toys though, yeah that doesn't work.

Kagey K

Banned
Well I think those 2 last requests are the end of the clique.

Funny that they both came in tonight, maybe they thought Evilore would change his mind by now or the forum would fall apart without them.

Either way it doesn’t look like many miss them much.

Pouring Austin Powers GIF

Bye Puddin

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member

Funny that they both came in tonight, maybe they thought Evilore would change his mind by now or the forum would fall apart without them.

Bye Puddin
It's "click" though ☝️

Edit: Apparently I should have added "LOL :messenger_winking:".

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
OK ain't nobody fucking with my clique, clique, clique, clique, clique
Ain't nobody fresher than my mothafuckin' clique, clique, clique, clique, clique
As I look around, they don't do it like my clique, clique, clique, clique, clique
And all these bad bitches, man, they want the
They want the, they want the
kanye west GIF

TheContact

Hey everyone- I hope you are all doing well! ♥️

I know I have a reputation here for having a high level of empathy, and I'm sure some of you may know how draining that can be for some people. It certainly is for me, and really...I have to occasionally take breaks from any extra social interaction at all in order to, well...recharge, if that makes sense.

Lately, all the increasing discord in and around the trans community, as well as how the world at large perceives and reacts to anything they see in media surrounding these issues, has been increasingly exhausting for me. There are many other transsexuals who feel the same way, and I've seen an increasing amount of us doing the exact opposite of what the social media stories would have you believe.. We are again going into hiding as best as we can, as we don't want to be associated with any of what can be seen as almost a form of narcissism or perhaps even an expressed sense of entitlement.

There are those out there basically demanding empathy and acceptance from others while showing no empathy in return for how their actions may effect the lives of others. Amidst all of this, other people become angry or amused...making blanket statements or mocking the suffering of anyone they perceive as part of the group.

I can't help but absorb the emotional fallout of everyone involved, and the peacekeeper in me is constantly trying to figure out a way to lessen the suffering of everyone. I pray and help where I can in small amounts, but it's like being on a sinking ship where no amount of fixing leaks is enough to keep from eventually drowning.

I've just got to take a break.

You are all wonderful (as well as those who may no longer be with us), and I pray for only the best for you all and your loved ones.

I love you all, and I'm sure I'll be back posting soon. Please be kind to yourselves and each other. ♥️
- Ailynn

yea i took a break from politics after that last trans thread was made just to hate on people. some people in the politics section are really just awful human beings. i try not to let it bother me as much but it's hard trying to reason with people sometimes. take care and your mental health is super important

Last edited:

Ionian

Well looking at the home working PC desk I got this wonderful ad.

I did laugh but WTF? No interest in furries.

Maybe they can make WAH PC Desks?

WpGhqvi.jpg

That honestly was an ad. Funny shit but very weird when it's about computer desks.

(I'm not a furrie, ads here sometimes are hilarious).

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
yea i took a break from politics after that last trans thread was made just to hate on people. some people in the politics section are really just awful human beings. i try not to let it bother me as much but it's hard trying to reason with people sometimes. take care and your mental health is super important

Yeah it’s disheartening. I get some people might be burned by some of the extremes of transactivism but yeah some real nastyness in those threads.

But no matter how much we might disagree, they have a right to express their opinion.

Bye Puddin
Maybe they don't care what a coward i.e. you who only jumps into the ban thread/Meta GAF to grave dance has to say about them?

At least -Arcadia- didn't whine like you do about SonyGAF. She was a big Nintendo fan but also seemed interested in the PS5 and Series X. You are clearly biased (which is fine) except you try to downplay anything PlayStation, or you will bring up what some fanboys said years ago like it even matters. It doesn't.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Bye Puddin
That’s a shitty attitude to have bro, maybe you didn’t like them personally but the added a lot of value when they were members.
Maybe you won’t miss them but many will.

Ionian

They’re based on your browsing history, not the topic.

Never browsed anything like that. (Curious about it now, oops)

It's Nepenthe from ERA, I just know it. This is a hit job!

Being serious though, never have. Posted screenshots of many weird ads before that, that are displayed.

This has been going on for a while with whatever ad-provider is used.

They're crazy but pretty much free humour.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Being serious though, never have. Posted many weird ads before that, that are displayed.

Evil is fucking with you obviously.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Being serious though, never have. Posted screenshots of many weird ads before that, that are displayed.

It's ok bro we accept you for who you are. Just look at all the foot people we let hang out with us.

Soodanim

Yeah it’s disheartening. I get some people might be burned by some of the extremes of transactivism but yeah some real nastyness in those threads.

But no matter how much we might disagree, they have a right to express their opinion.
Politics is definitely a sub forum that leans heavily one way with no irony or self-reflection on political matters, but at least when it comes to trans threads there’s some science there to discuss (half of the threads probably don’t belong in that section). I try to understand someone’s opinions so that I can find out exactly what we agree on, then there’s something to talk about. If there’s a gap in their understanding that I can help fill in, I might be of use every now and again.

I find that some people (I think we all do it from time to time) will give an opinion on something, but without the context of the full opinion it can come across as entirely negative. For example, when I talk about Resident Evil 3 Remake I’ll end up talking negatively about the specific things that I dislike, and it will seem like I hate the whole game. Sometimes you need to zoom out, and some people won’t necessarily do that until you ask them to.

I stay away from most of the actual political discussions though. It’s way too heavy on the hypocritical dog piling, pushing a fantasy with cherry picking. It’s basically console warring.

Last edited:

Prison Mike

Banned
tenor.gif

Appreciate it, brother!

sHCf8Qw.gif

source.gif

God I missed posting my GIF's!

Good to see you guys. Sorry I left so abruptly. I got some bad news about a family member, and honestly, I think I burnt myself out posting too much. Someone pointed out that I made over 1,200 posts in a month, and that shocked me as well. I have quite an addictive personality so I tend to latch on to things in extremes. Lately, I've been doing really well to tone down my internet usage. I've been using this website blocker that essentially blocks you out of sites on certain days. Whilst that doesn't treat the symptom, it does bring me some self-awareness when I mindlessly open up a tab.

Anyways, enough about that. Happy to be back, and in a better mindset.

You guys are the best!
Welcome back brother hope all is good great to see you back.
Schitts Creek Win GIF by CBC

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin

Bye Puddin
Maybe they don't care what a coward i.e. you who only jumps into the ban thread/Meta GAF to grave dance has to say about them?

At least -Arcadia- didn't whine like you do about SonyGAF. She was a big Nintendo fan but also seemed interested in the PS5 and Series X. You are clearly biased (which is fine) except you try to downplay anything PlayStation, or you will bring up what some fanboys said years ago like it even matters. It doesn't.
That’s a shitty attitude to have bro, maybe you didn’t like them personally but the added a lot of value when they were members.
Maybe you won’t miss them but many will.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Dude I got this the other day

RTIqAFx.png

I've never listened to JPOP (edit: sorry KPOP please no death threats Twitter) seriously in my life and think the fanbase is one of the worst groups of people on the planet

Thanks eBay?

Last edited:

OnionSnake

Banned
Disappointing, got my politics access “under review” meanwhile users there constantly troll me, accuse me of being a paid poster, try to dig through my profile etc. have had a good amount of users thank me for posting on that section to balance out the clear right wing bias but doesn’t seem like it will last for long.
🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom