• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prison Mike

Banned
Aww Pity GIF by MOODMAN

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
EviLore EviLore can I get my account closed? Not interested in being on this site if this how moderation is going to be treating users who post in good faith. Thank you

As a boring mild lefty who enjoys watching two sides go to war, "good faith" is maybe the last phrase I'd use to describe you, stop sniffing your own farts for just one entire minute. You're just as bad (if not worse) than a lot of the people who left the site recently, just on the other end of the horseshoe

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
As a boring mild lefty who enjoys watching two sides go to war, "good faith" is maybe the last phrase I'd use to describe you, stop sniffing your own farts for just one entire minute. You're just as bad (if not worse) than a lot of the people who left the site recently, just on the other end of the horseshoe

sL6j4ez.gif

Peggies

Gold Member
Exactly!

As a former leftist and now moderately in the middle (thinking, the fuck is wrong with your "left vs right" obsession, guys?) I think he doesn't want to discuss anything but troll.

haxan7

Banned
Disappointing, got my politics access “under review” meanwhile users there constantly troll me, accuse me of being a paid poster, try to dig through my profile etc. have had a good amount of users thank me for posting on that section to balance out the clear right wing bias but doesn’t seem like it will last for long.
🤷‍♀️

EviLore EviLore can I get my account closed? Not interested in being on this site if this how moderation is going to be treating users who post in good faith. Thank you
This right here looks like a manipulative tantrum to get his politics access back. Shoulda kept it to PMs. Now we all know what a little foot stomper you are.

Last edited:
I think that once a user has reached a threshold of X number of posts in the Politics forum during a specified period of time, or exceeds a ratio between posts in politics vs gaming discussion, their avatar should have some sort of icon or other indicator so the rest of us know to steer clear. Maybe a little stick of dynamite, cuckoo clock, or a stinky diaper. I dunno, just a thought.

I was only a little serious, but the more I think about it...

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Disappointing, got my politics access “under review” meanwhile users there constantly troll me, accuse me of being a paid poster, try to dig through my profile etc. have had a good amount of users thank me for posting on that section to balance out the clear right wing bias but doesn’t seem like it will last for long.
🤷‍♀️

Yep, that's the standard treatment you'll get for posting left.

I'm sorry it's come to this for you =(

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The problem is, sometimes people are so far up their own ass for so long, that they don't remember what reality (common sense) even is.

What may be attempts at sincere "good-faith" posts from you, could still look like standard troll tactics to others.
At one point they come out of their own mouth and see the process

Reflection is a hell of a thing

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I think that once a user has reached a threshold of X number of posts in the Politics forum during a specified period of time, or exceeds a ratio between posts in politics vs gaming discussion, their avatar should have some sort of icon or other indicator so the rest of us know to steer clear. Maybe a little stick of dynamite, cuckoo clock, or a stinky diaper. I dunno, just a thought.

I was only a little serious, but the more I think about it...
To be honest I've been thinking of ways of that myself, but there's a lot of conflict of interests with it

Marking profiles publicly is some Scarlet Letter ass shit dude; although I don't like that the arcade has an area dedicated to politics (Even if the common excuse is to avoid the work of the contrary, ta dah, welcome to business), it isn't a good way to handle it

Doing ratioed stuff? Man I'd bot the fuck out of that in a heart beat, or just post half...effort bu..ll...shit...>.>
Let's move on

The best idea, from previous experience, would be to wall garden the area by a time limit; an application process with something as complicated as politics becomes too messy with allowing intelligent discourse
Then people screech about gate keeping certain areas, with them also screeching of the alternative with rules changing applying to broad amounts of the user base

I mean chans and more interesting parts of the internet moderate, and much more heavily; admittedly much more simplistic than something attempting to keeps its' niche with growing the user base

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
No shit that not all of the account closures are voluntary, that's why it's not called a requested ban. Your clique isn't welcome on this site. That's been made clear.
Let them build their own echo chamber. It'll likely end up being called something like NeoARC. Thanks for keeping that forum welcoming without that kind of partiality. From gazing at the gaming side - it would appear many are still signing up and enjoying GAF for what it is...a gaming forum.

Elcid

Banned
Man, she never did anything for me. Even back in the 80s and 90s when she was young and fresh. Titties too small, I think.

Edit: I just realized I'm enjoying a relaxing evening of GAF with a Transformers-branded coffee mug filled with cheap wine. Damn, I'm a classy fuck, ain't I?
Me either, neither did Sofia Vergara yet I wouldn’t throw either out of bed.

haxan7

Banned
Brap’s post is strategically done. The “clique” doesn’t just want to stop posting at neogaf, they want to wreck is to the greatest extent they can so other people can’t enjoy it. This is for the express purpose of getting back at evilore for what they see as being treated unfairly.

ergo, brap is the one who is acting butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom