• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

I've been thinking...
I don't get this :messenger_weary:
Is Freddie being raped by Daphne or Netflix?

zgfbj4R.jpg
Season 5 Explanation GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Richard Packer

Gold Member
Getting pegged by Peggies is just the best.
k9rnoJE.gif

k9rnoJE.gif
It must be pegging season.
k9rnoJE.gif
O Holey Night takes on a hole new meaning.
k9rnoJE.gif
Just got an achievement for hanging around 9 years. Shit, that went quick. Genuinely enjoyed most of my time here, even though I don't engage all that much.

But I'm here, lurking, watching your every move.
k9rnoJE.gif
k9rnoJE.gif

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Entering negotiations for the computer budget…let’s just say $1200 for the GPU alone caused a bit of sticker shock from the other half…
My wife and I share hobbies. She's got a newer gaming PC than me. She loves our audio system. Hers are the expensive ones in comparison. That greenhouse cost alone could have netted 10 more audio systems in the living room.

We also track our expenses like crazy so any request for major purchases are usually a quick conversation.

Thaedolus

My wife and I share hobbies. She's got a newer gaming PC than me. She loves our audio system. Hers are the expensive ones in comparison. That greenhouse cost alone could have netted 10 more audio systems in the living room.

We also track our expenses like crazy so any request for major purchases are usually a quick conversation.
Yeah really she’s gonna let me do it, we also budget and track and have the money, but I think I talked myself into waiting until we do our taxes and see what the bonus situation is in the new year before pulling the trigger. We also just booked our 10th anniversary trip for a cool 5k up front as well…I mean we have the money, it would be just a blip in the budget, but I don’t mind waiting a bit to make sure the nest egg is plenty full for perhaps an economic downturn.

I was *this* close to ordering today but held myself back when I started thinking about how much I’m just playing Steam Deck games right now instead of bothering with the desktop

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
As an aside, I just got an email that fucking pissed me off. "Maiden, you need to update your inflation report because someone at the factory told us they are now paying more." Uhh, can you give me more details? Who made the request, etc.? Jesus Christ, I swear we only hire the bottom of the barrel. This person keeps doing this and refusing to elaborate. They put in the GM of the company and our CFO in CC for some unknown reason. Even called me by the wrong name in the email.
Screaming Internally Paul Pierce GIF by The Ringer

I just ordered one of those qd oled ultrawide monitors. Didn't bother to tell my partner about it till afterwards.

I Do What I Want GIF by hero0fwar
Everyone's financial relationship with their spouse is going to vary. We both grew up dirt poor and had a shit ton of student loan debt when we started dating. We were both fed up and decided to go down the path of financial wellbeing together. We both could have done it solo, but having that support was and is nice. We've been able to achieve all our goals so far. And the long term ones, we're ahead on everything from where we originally targeted.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Come on, you know why people do that. It's a bitch move "Look your boss can see I requested this from you so you better do it". However what I know is that the higher ups don't pay attention to emails unless it's something they care about and it's just more white noise in their inbox.
Yeah, this particular lady does this shit to everyone. She's not well regarded and I suspect she'll probably get shit canned next year. You can't survive in the company when you don't have any friends. And she does not.

That director that complained to HR reached out to ask me for help, which immediately turned my mood around. :messenger_smiling_horns:

nush

Yeah, this particular lady does this shit to everyone. She's not well regarded and I suspect she'll probably get shit canned next year. You can't survive in the company when you don't have any friends. And she does not.

That director that complained to HR reached out to ask me for help, which immediately turned my mood around. :messenger_smiling_horns:

Yup, it's usually always the women that do that shit. I used to strip off the bosses from the CC when I replied because it was some low level operational chatter they did not need to be concerned with. She would add them back on with the reply...

People that do this thing are always weak as an employee it shows a lack of ability or respect when they have to appeal to authority in the CC for something they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom