• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
I'm going to eat fish soon.

No, not that one, the other one.
You should try Ling cod; its excellent. Often called, "poor man's lobster". I used to catch and spear a lot of them when I lived in Washington state.

Just bake that bad boy with some garlic and butter, sprinkle with some paprika and dunk in drawn butter.

It's making my mouth water as I type and I would eat it until I almost got sick.

I'm going to eat fish soon.

No, not that one, the other one.

Even if you don't like the first one you try have a go at some other types. Some are really fishy and others are more chicken like etc. You may like BBQ or pan-fried salmon with a nice butter/lemon sauce or try some snapper or flathead. For your first go round maybe a fried fish just to get used to it. After that move to steamed or baked etc. We do a family fish taco with some shallow fried fish and fresh vegies in tortilla wraps with some sauce. Pretty quick, tasty and mostly heathly too.

I dropped by MetaGAF as I was wondering if we're going to see Anon Confessions ever come back?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You should try Ling cod; its excellent. Often called, "poor man's lobster". I used to catch and spear a lot of them when I lived in Washington state.

Just bake that bad boy with some garlic and butter, sprinkle with some paprika and dunk in drawn butter.

It's making my mouth water as I type and I would eat it until I almost got sick.
Nice. I ended up with sushi.

Even if you don't like the first one you try have a go at some other types. Some are really fishy and others are more chicken like etc. You may like BBQ or pan-fried salmon with a nice butter/lemon sauce or try some snapper or flathead. For your first go round maybe a fried fish just to get used to it. After that move to steamed or baked etc. We do a family fish taco with some shallow fried fish and fresh vegies in tortilla wraps with some sauce. Pretty quick, tasty and mostly heathly too.

I dropped by MetaGAF as I was wondering if we're going to see Anon Confessions ever come back?
Oooo I love fish tacos

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
JZZg22D.jpg

Thaedolus

My wife and my sister that lives with my parents came up with a thanksgiving agenda:

We head up to their house at 10:30, then take the kids to the park.

Me: why so early? Why a park? It’s cold

Them: we want mimosas and my parents would be offended by drinking at their house

Me: k so we’re day drinking at a playground…I’m getting a bottle of wild turkey then

Them: deal

….wow that was easy

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Holy shit, there's not enough people in the building at work that I actually can catch a cell signal and not have to be monitored on our wifi

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Apple cake is done, chocolate coupes are started (just garnishing tomorrow), turkey seasoned, and stuffing started (just needs to bake).

That leaves this stuff to do tomorrow:
- Make rolls right away in the morning
- Bake the turkey & stuffing
- Set out Charcuterie & make hot chocolate when the fam arrives
- Make tomato soup mid-afternoon
- Cook the squash, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts
- Make gravy

Thaedolus

Mom and dad are prepping the turkey:

Mom: how am I supposed to get this all the way in there?

Dad: just get it under the skin and push

Mom: I’m not trying to get elbow deep here…

Me: 🤢

Thaedolus

I gotta say: all the food turned out this year. Usually someone shits the bed somehow and the stuffing or rolls or whatever ends up a heap of ash, but maybe since we had a smaller gathering or something we all nailed it. And since the gathering was so small we got loaded up with leftovers so I’ll be having second thanksgiving today

Thaedolus

I wish I had my old Yak Bak so I could just push a button that has me recorded saying “I don’t know kid I don’t play Pokémon” for every time this kid shoves his Switch in my face and asks me how to evolve his Chari-tard

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Someone gifted me gold!

Out of all the clients this month, I only gave 5 of them the infamous "O-ring Blowhole Cleanse 3.0", so that reduces the possible suspects.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
When we made pizza the other night my MIL asked if I made the dough from scratch, and I said yeah of course. I rattled off the recipe then said “I won’t disclose where the yeast came from…”

I’m not sure how to describe the look she gave me
lol. On a personal note, the wife and I in mourning as the rolls did not rise in the oven. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Hopefully everything else turns out.

Thaedolus

My personal hell is being asked over and over to look up what level Pokémon XYZ evolves at and trying to spell whatever the fuck that kid just said

Thaedolus

14 year old nephew has joined the house of the sickly. He’s got a different dad than his siblings so he’s been with him all week. Immediately wants to play VR. The 6YO Pokémon freak acts totally scandalized because I didn’t tell him I had a VR.

lmfao kid I’m not letting you anywhere near a $1,000 headset go cast charmander on something

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It's funny how your head can get tied in a knot while trying to post on a discussion forum while also halfway paying attention to work stuff. I started typing out a reply regarding Volkswagen without my full attention, and ended up thinking of the history of BMW instead. Lol. That seems like an honest mistake though, now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom