• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

VZIVhk.jpg

Go like that page so we can continue to group chat with the Batzinator.

you ain't getting my secret and professional facebook infoz

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
OT2 already, what a thrill it has been. 2nd of many more to come I hope

OT2 already, what a thrill it has been. 2nd of many more to come I hope

I figured I would post when we get this bad boy to 400 pages! We were just at 200 a couple of weeks ago. This thread has really picked up since then, so I'm going to try and have it done by the weekend!

Metal Gear Community Thread 2: Excellent, GAF. Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

Dawg

I remember when Outer GAF was banned from the frontline. They closed our home. To make sure we wouldn't just pick a different place, they closed off every single base on the frontline. Many died. The survivors had to deal with depression, lack of new info and a huge drop in morale.

We had to leave the frontline. We retreated to a different community. It wasn't easy. Our army had grown weak and our numbers were not many. Our veterans, however, kept faith. In the end, it was our faith in Big Boss that kept us alive. We managed to find new recruits, we rebuilt our home and we are now waiting in the shadows.

I tell you this, my fellow soldiers... when the time comes, we will all pull the trigger. Outer GAF will return to the frontline when V has come to.

You feel it too, don't you?

Holy shit, you guys! I don't know how I missed this, but in the OP:

No David Hayter whining please.

Sorry, JayEH!
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I remember when Outer GAF was banned from the frontline. They closed our home. To make sure we wouldn't just pick a different place, they closed off every single base on the frontline. Many died. The survivors had to deal with depression, lack of new info and a huge drop in morale.

We had to leave the frontline. We retreated to a different community. It wasn't easy. Our army had grown weak and our numbers were not many. Our veterans, however, kept faith. In the end, it was our faith in Big Boss that kept us alive. We managed to find new recruits, we rebuilt our home and we are now waiting in the shadows.

I tell you this, my fellow soldiers... when the time comes, we will all pull the trigger. Outer GAF will return to the frontline when V has come to.

You feel it too, don't you?

You're pretty good...

Palpable

Can someone make a google-doc for MGS GAF member's social media in the event of bans like this? Gotta keep in touch somehow and not everyone always uses Steam, PSN, or XBL.

Dawg

Who's doing the OT again, Dawg? Is the guy that did the MGS4 OT still active? That's quite a legacy to live up to.

BruceLeeRoy made the incredible MGS4 OT. He's still around.

It's been 7 years though. Aside from the fact I think so much detail is overkill these days, I don't think the mods even allow OTs with so many reserved posts. In fact, it's a rule that you should limit an OT to a single post.

However, while BruceLeeRoy managed to impress everyone with the length and detail of his OT, I'm going for something... different...

Dawg

Can someone make a google-doc for MGS GAF member's social media in the event of bans like this? Gotta keep in touch somehow and not everyone always uses Steam, PSN, or XBL.

I would recommend to just make a twitter list. It's the easiest social media and you don't have to disclose your personal information there.

This also means you don't have to edit/link a google doc all the time :p

Dawg

You're going to replace the OT with a video of your own anus opening and closing, aren't you?

;PPP

I'm just going for a more... meta OT. Including shopped codecs and stuff like that. I'll include a history of the events that happened in MGS3 & Peace Walker too. Not sure about Portable Ops yet. It's in the timeline of the wiki though.

BruceLeeRoy made the incredible MGS4 OT. He's still around.

It's been 7 years though. Aside from the fact I think so much detail is overkill these days, I don't think the mods even allow OTs with so many reserved posts. In fact, it's a rule that you should limit an OT to a single post.

However, while BruceLeeRoy managed to impress everyone with the length and detail of his OT, I'm going for something... different...
Yeah I would suggest making the OT more community focused, and not as much of an info dump. Times have changed since 2008 even, and game info is easy to come by.

I actually want to do this for the next Community Thread. I am creating a section called "Social Ops." :lol Hope everyone participates and shares their info (in addition to what we have in the document already)!

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| You kept me waiting 38 years. KOJIMA!

He made us wait, didn't he?!

Dawg

Yeah, I hope System Error can make some MGS V only avatars.

And if LD wants, he can make the header for the OT. I still need something like that. I currently have a Ground Zeroes placeholder. Which I've shown before.

-Deimos

;PPP

I'm just going for a more... meta OT. Including shopped codecs and stuff like that. I'll include a history of the events that happened in MGS3 & Peace Walker too. Not sure about Portable Ops yet. It's in the timeline of the wiki though.

A general recap of PO is probably a good idea.

Yeah I would suggest making the OT more community focused, and not as much of an info dump. Times have changed since 2008 even, and game info is easy to come by.
Agreed.

Yeah, I hope System Error can make some MGS V only avatars.

And if LD wants, he can make the header for the OT. I still need something like that. I currently have a Ground Zeroes placeholder. Which I've shown before.

I'd be more than happy to! Tell ya what, when we get a release date, I'll celebrate by creating the banner! :p

Dawg

I hope that original members of Outer GAF will have early access sneak peaks at this OT. Dawg pls.

That's the plan, yes. I'm going to edit an older (random) post of mine on NeoGAF with the full OT so everyone here can check it out and proofread it :p

I don't want everyone to see it though (who knows how many people lurk MGS-GAF) so I'll PM the link :> /tinfoilhatdawg

Skullface

That shirt is awesome.

That's probably my favorite of the bunch. The text isn't really legible, but to the bottom left it says "Quiet", bottom right it says "Diamond Dog", and the white oval says "Insert Coin". It's supposed to be an arcade screen mockup. I fucking love it.

Edit: They also have your avatar as a shirt.

<snip pics>
Great choices all around! The only one I'm not fond of is the first one, mainly because the border annoys me. The art is really cool though.

I wish the foxhound logo was a bit bigger on those shirts. I'm either going to get the redbubble Foxhound shirt or the Amazon one linked from Konamistyle.
item_foxhoundshirt.png

Skullface

Great choices all around! The only one I'm not fond of is the first one, mainly because the border annoys me. The art is really cool though.

I wish the foxhound logo was a bit bigger on those shirts. I'm either going to get the redbubble Foxhound shirt or the Amazon one linked from Konamistyle.
item_foxhoundshirt.png

The Foxhound shirt I got from amazon has that exact same picture. I couldn't figure out how to copy an image location from that fucking site lol

Dawg

I'm probably going to make a ton of codec pictures for my OT. It's easy too because all I have to do is change the text layer ;PP

That's probably my favorite of the bunch. The text isn't really legible, but to the bottom left it says "Quiet", bottom right it says "Diamond Dog", and the white oval says "Insert Coin". It's supposed to be an arcade screen mockup. I fucking love it.

Edit: They also have your avatar as a shirt.

fig,natural,uorganic,ffffff.u1.jpg

Best one hands down. This one has new avatar potential.

Skullface

You could probably find it in the page source, but I just copied it from here: https://www.konami.com/shop/metal-gear-solid-fox-hound-men-t-shirt/

How do you like the Amazon one? Decent quality/fit?

I just ordered it today. Should be here in a couple days. I'll let you know when it gets here. Just a warning though, I got the same shirt from the exact same seller as I did this time around a few months ago and it said "Metal Gear Solid 4" at the bottom. It didn't stand out so it didn't bother me too much.

My old shirt got fucked up in a fist fight. Goddamn collar grabbers.

fig,natural,uorganic,ffffff.u1.jpg

Best one hands down. This one has new avatar potential.

I saw that one lol. I actually almost ordered it. I saw it on GAF first many months ago and haven't seen it anywhere else. I'm sure the seller lifted it from here. I have seen people use it as an avatar in the past. I don't know if it's still in use or not.

I'm probably going to make a ton of codec pictures for my OT. It's easy too because all I have to do is change the text layer ;PP
I feel like we either need to include dat Outer GAF trailer from way back, or make a new one lol!

I just ordered it today. Should be here in a couple days. I'll let you know when it gets here. Just a warning though, I got the same shirt from the exact same seller as I did this time around a few months ago and it said "Metal Gear Solid 4" at the bottom. It didn't stand out so it didn't bother me too much.

My old shirt got fucked up in a fist fight. Goddamn collar grabbers.
Sounds good, I'll wait to hear back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom