• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Drk and Knight make me want to buy MGS4.

At least for the gameplay, I've had my fill of it's cutscenes. Gameplay looks unique to say the least.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Currently playing through Peace Walker and the more I play it, the more I dislike it. The boss battles are especially frustrating in single player.

malfcn

The plot totally confused me at the end when all the threads started to unravel. Solidus was bad ass. And the after credits bomb gave me chills.

JayEH

Currently playing through Peace Walker and the more I play it, the more I dislike it. The boss battles are especially frustrating in single player.

Yeah I'm playing through it right now too and the boss fights are really annoying. You can definitely tell this game was made when Monster Hunter was getting super popular in Japan!

I'm glad the uKnighted streams exist for the story. I never did manage to beat Peace Walker since there were so many barriers to playing the PSP version online and I lost interest after feeling like I'm missing out on the main draw of hte game.

G-Fex

I think I was a bit shook when I understood why most of the game
felt like Shadow Moses.

When E.E. gives you card 5 it's like Meryl did to Snake. Only Raiden gets mad cause it's not exactly like the simulation, cause Meryl gives it to Snake at the beginning while E.E. tells Raiden at the last minute. ITS NOT PART OF THE SIMULATION! :p

malfcn

When E.E. gives you card 5 it's like Meryl did to Snake. Only Raiden gets mad cause it's not exactly like the simulation, cause Meryl gives it to Snake at the beginning while E.E. tells Raiden at the last minute. ITS NOT PART OF THE SIMULATION! :p

I missed that part. Some how I assumed the simulations were general sims.
Everything from the introduction to BS and the elevator, and the hallway were straight out of MGS1.

I think I was a bit shook when I understood why most of the game
felt like Shadow Moses.

Browsing the wiki, I learned that they were originally going to go even further in imitating the Shadow Moses incident to the point where I theorize it was a joke about how MGS1 was a remake of MG2. Raiden was originally going to have more support members, one being a perky save chick that quoted philosphy like Mei Ling (which would make Rose basically Naomi as she already is), and he comes in contact with a male scientist that supposedly designed the AI. Of course, both of these characters would have turned out to be AIs just like the Colonel.

wmlk

I don't really care how well "thought out" MGS2 is when it bored me to the point where I had to jump to FFXHD.

Currently facing Vamp now at the low-buoyancy water room.

The game just feels like it's terribly stuck in the late 90s and the early 2000s, and not in an endearing way either like MGS1.

If anything, the game made me appreciate how great Ocarina of Time really is. The controls are literally flawless for that game and it came out 3 years before MGS2.

malfcn

Few more things.
If Liquid and Solidus both wanted to take down the Patriots..why not work together?
How did Solid dive after Ray and Liquid, but make it to shore and find Raiden?

Soodanim

Few more things.
If Liquid and Solidus both wanted to take down the Patriots..why not work together?
He must swim like a fish. I always wondered how
he hoped to keep up with Ray, but I never even considered the getting to Raiden part.

In MGS3, did anyone ever use the codec frequencies you get when you interrogate certain guards? By the time I was good enough to isolate one guard and interrogate him, I was good enough to avoid being seen anyway so it's never something I need to do.

Bollocks

People shit on MGS2 but it's actually one of the most thought out Metal Gear games.

It's got a LOT of detail to it, so much things you learn upon multiple playthroughs.

Edit: Yes Kittenmaster.

Marathon is over but right now he's streaming VR missions!

http://www.twitch.tv/uknighted

Man, I have to say I toroughly enjoyed the marathon, watching people who know the game in and out, kind of like a directors commentary.

Only downside was that I could only watch a fraction of the marathon, as I was occupied most of the marathon.

CorvoSol

So I finally started Metal Gear Acid, since its one of the few Metal Gear games I've never beaten.

It's . . . unconventional.

Holykael1

Banned
Few more things.

Don't forget that
Liquid is dead, yes he did possess Ocelote but that happens very rarely and Ocelote has his own agenda.

Joqu

Metal Gear community thread! Nice. I was wondering if there was one just a while ago.

Also Ghost Babel is the best Metal Gear game. That's all. ;)

Omikaru

Hey Metal Gear GAF! I didn't realise there was a community thread or I'd have joined in a couple of days ago. :)

Been part of the MGS community outside GAF for quite a while -- in fact I ran the world's biggest MGS fansite back in my teens ~10 years ago -- but kinda lapsed after MGS4 came out because I didn't like that game much.

At any rate, Ground Zeroes has got me back into the series again so you may see me popping in every now and then.

For the record, MGS2 is the high point of the series for me. God tier game.

DrKelpo

Banned
mgs 4 was just a vr mission, confirmed by the patriots

another question, is the some kind of cross save between peace walker hd and vita?

Rojo

According to MGS4, Liquid never possessed Ocelot's arm, Ocelot was just faking it the whole time to throw Snake off.

I dont think thats entirely true MGS2 wasn't him faking.

I like MGS
I like MGS2
I like MGS3

What king of options are these.

MGS1 gives you longer stamina i believe. MGS2 gives you a nice troll in the begining and MGS3 unlocks some extras i believe.

Also when you finish 3 you should definetly play MG2 Solid Snake everyone should play that at least once its amazing. Then realise that it came out in 1990.

In MGS3, did anyone ever use the codec frequencies you get when you interrogate certain guards? By the time I was good enough to isolate one guard and interrogate him, I was good enough to avoid being seen anyway so it's never something I need to do.

I remember interrogating every guard and writing down every frequency. They give healing radio stations; call off an alert; and fire support.

According to MGS4, Liquid never possessed Ocelot's arm, Ocelot was just faking it the whole time to throw Snake off.

The database says he was possessed in MGS2 then faked it afterwards because nanomachines.

Furyous

Few more things.

The whole end section pisses me off.
Why couldn't we play through it and try to escape the tanker?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Few more things.
I guess it's mostly pride. They may possess similar ideologies, but both Liquid and Solidus also have ginormous egos. They want to be the ones exclusively leading the revolution, thus achieving "Greatest Snake of All Time" status. It's like sibling rivalry taken to the extreme.

That's why the pre-Harrier cutscene is one of my favorites. Solidus talking mad shit the whole time :p "Brother, I'm a whole different game from Liquid!" "The world needs only one Big Boss!"

And then there's Solid Snake not giving a shit about his brothers' dumb pissing contest, till he has to step in and clean up the mess. Poor guy's like a moody teenager constantly embarrassed by everything his family does.

uberluigi

Banned
I thought he
did at first then he decided to go with it to fool everyone.

I thought he was possessed the entire time until
Old Snake defeated him at the end and Ocelot started talking about Big Boss and Snake instead of referring Big Boss as father along with MGS3 flashbacks and Ocelots signature "You're pretty good" quote.

Slitting throats is pretty gory.
Not fond of getting spotted when I check my radar and nobody is on it.

You have to use sonar, motion detector, and ap sensor in conjunction if you want full situational awareness...

sonar shows every living thing's position

motion detector shows things that are moving

and ap beeps when you get close to guards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom