• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embearded

Goodmorning OuterGAF!

This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks, 3 days and 10 hours

Every morning, is a morning closer to the release and that makes my happy!

I am really tempted to buy that TPP CE guide! It's 36€ from amazon.co.uk!

Finally.

"Hello,

We thought you′d like to know that your MyFavouriteMagazines.co.uk order has been dispatched."

Nice! But are they really going to use Portable Ops Snake as a cover? :S
It's ugly as fuck....

Goodmorning OuterGAF!

I am really tempted to buy that TPP CE guide! It's 36€ from amazon.co.uk!

You could also buy the TPP CE on Book Depository for €25.
I bought it there because they haven't got the guide elsewhere in any shops in my country but the delivery times are probably a lot slower than Amazon.

Embearded

You could also buy the TPP CE on Book Depository for €25.
I bought it there because they haven't got the guide elsewhere in any shops in my country but the delivery times are probably a lot slower than Amazon.

wow! Nice find mate, thanks a lot! That saves me some euros! I don't care about the delivery time, because i am not gonna read it until i finish the game and considering the game releases the same day my exams start, the chances are that the guide will arrive long before i reach 20-30% of the game!

Thanks Necrojection!

wow! Nice find mate, thanks a lot! That saves me some euros! I don't care about the delivery time, because i am not gonna read it until i finish the game and considering the game releases the same day my exams start, the chances are that the guide will arrive long before i reach 20-30% of the game!

Thanks Necrojection!

No problem, glad I could be useful :)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting CODEC call in MGS3 that I completely forgot about and didn't notice the significance of:

Snake: Tell me something, Sigint...

Sigint: What's that?

Snake: What does 'Sigint' mean, anyway?

Sigint: It's short for 'Signal Intelligence.'

Snake: Signal Intelligence?

Sigint: The part of intelligence that deals with electronic information. Things like intercepting and analyzing electronic communications, determining enemy force strength and positioning from radar emissions and radio chatter - you get the idea. Codebreaking is considered part of SIGINT as well. 40 years from now, we'll be in the age of electronic warfare. It won't be long before information replaces firepower as the most valuable commodity on the battlefield.

Snake: So you're saying they won't need guys like me anymore?

Sigint: Sorry to break it to you, but that's not gonna happen. No matter how advanced our technology gets, there's still no substitute for human beings.

Snake: ...

Sigint: Anyway, the major is a man of foresight. He knew the electronic age was coming, and so he called out to me.

Snake: And you responded.

Sigint: Well, I didn't have anyplace else to do.

Snake: You couldn't find a job?

Sigint: Nope. None of the places where they do this kind of high-tech research would even let me in the door.

Snake: Why not? I know you've got social problems, but...

Sigint: Come again?

Snake: Nothing. I mean, someone with your talent ought to be able to...

Sigint: Yeah, well, maybe it had something to do with the fact that I'm black.

Snake: ...

Sigint: The major, though, he doesn't care about what color you are. I've never met anyone like him before. He's...different, you know?

Snake: Oh, yeah, I know.

Sigint: I don't think racism's going to go away even in the 21st century. But I want to work with computers and use them to bring people closer together. In the digital world, it doesn't matter whether you're black or white, American or Russian, or whatever. Everybody's going to be the same. That's what I think.

From the TPP trailer:

Zero: This world will become one; I have found the way. Race, tribal affiliations, national borders... Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality and it will make mankind whole again.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that's actually really cool and consistent ahead of time. Do we know who voiced Zero in that trailer? Because it's definitely not Piddock.

Not sure. Bowie:Zero hasn't been credited yet.

I used to think Kojima just decided to make
the support team into The Patriots around the time of MGS4, but the more I play MGS3
, the more certain I am it was the plan from the start (of 3, that is).

Embearded

I ordered the CE guide from the Book Depository but i can't order Golden Joystick Presents: Metal Gear Solid Hardback Edition from myfavouritemagazine due to capital controls (yes again those fuckers)....i've got to find another seller!

Shy

FFS i just want to get TPP from GMG but it's still not up yet. *curls up into a fetal position on the floor and starts crying*

Shy

I'm going to ignore all of your FOB distress calls.
And brau's.
IPtHGVb.gif

Gun Animal

Not sure. Bowie:Zero hasn't been credited yet.

I used to think Kojima just decided to make
the support team into The Patriots around the time of MGS4, but the more I play MGS3
, the more certain I am it was the plan from the start (of 3, that is).
I mean, if Kojima didnt have some vague plans for the future he wouldn't have those post-credits stingers at the end of every game.

Chinner

Banned
heres my ranking of MGS: GZ players in terms of skill.

1. me, obviously
2. jimmy
3. ryan
4: screaming meat
5.dawg
6. infinity patriot
6 1/2.prince
6. jimmybot
7. shy
8. rajang
9. LD
10. brau

last: sn4ke

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, if Kojima didnt have some vague plans for the future he wouldn't have those post-credits stingers at the end of every game.

Sure, but if that "Most Ludicrous Twists in MGS" thread is anything to go by, an awful lot of people think he pulled the whole
Support Team as The Patriots
thing from his ass.

heres my ranking of MGS: GZ players in terms of skill.

1. me, obviously
2. jimmy
3. ryan
4: screaming meat
5.dawg
6. infinity patriot
6 1/2.prince
6. jimmybot
7. shy
8. rajang
9. LD
10. brau

last: sn4ke

I'm okay with that :)

Welcome brother!
Those damn timezones makes me a slowpoke here.

Thanks brother!
You won't have to worry about timezones when TPP comes out. I bet no one will sleep for days.

How long do you guys plan your first session with the game to be?

Interesting CODEC call in MGS3 that I completely forgot about and didn't notice the significance of:

From the TPP trailer:

That's very very interesting. Gotta love that consistency in characters. Also makes me wonder if Kojima had planned something about the Patriots and it's members from MGS1 itself.

Salaadin

So I reserved the CE guide a few months back and now Amazon dropped the price. Pre-order price guarantee looks like it locked me in at the sale price.
I originally paid with gift cards though and now my order is showing "amount due: -9.98"

Are they going to refund me 9 bucks when this ships? Anyone know?

I'd ask them myself but Im not near my pc at the moment.

;)

I find it somewhat hilarious that we can take Big Boss's evolution from loyal soldier to disillusioned child-soldier employing merc nation leader due to the death of his mentor pretty seamlessly, but the idea
that it compels a group of like-minded individual who also respects the Boss to form a shadowy organisation with ultimately, good intentions
ludicrous.

Embearded

How long do you guys plan your first session with the game to be?

I don't think that it will be more than 5 hours. I have to study for exams, but if it wasn't for the exams, i'd say 10-13 hours with 15 minute breaks every 2 hours maybe.
I've informed my girlfriend that i will be lost these days...

Playlist updated. I've also deleted duplicates form the spreadsheet.

Hey guys, where can I find good story summary of MGS1,2,3,PO,4,PW and GZ simmiliar to summary of MG1&2 found in MGS Extras?

Gun Animal

Sure, but if that "Most Ludicrous Twists in MGS" thread is anything to go by, an awful lot of people think he pulled the whole
Support Team as The Patriots
thing from his ass.
Well yeah, he pulled the entire series out of his ass. That's how fiction works.

People in those threads realize videogames are all make-believe, right? They're not real.

welcome brother!

Thanks brother! It's nice to see how welcoming Outer-Gaf is. :D

Till dawn and zombie mode engaged at work :)

I don't think that it will be more than 5 hours. I have to study for exams, but if it wasn't for the exams, i'd say 10-13 hours with 15 minute breaks every 2 hours maybe.
I've informed my girlfriend that i will be lost these days...

I'll be having the game on my rest day from work so all day. lol

Man I wish I could go on for that long, the pre-release date hype drains too much energy. Props to you all though!

Just the prologue.

I will then need to soak it all in.

2-3 hours

Same here. Probably going to spend all of it just looking around in the hospital more than anything else lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom