• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

It probably isn't necessary. I mean if you already know every line of dialogue by heart and know what the items do, you can play through the game no problem and still enjoy the story.

Sure. I know I can finish the game even in Japanese, but having English subtitles for Japanese voices would be sweet :)

There are certain subtle changes that I'm trying to catch between the English and Japanese versions, like localization changes and how certain characters or events are referred to.

Does anyone know the original source for where these came from (the latter in the second GIF)?

IapOQ57.gif

gmxh1AR.gif

Been wondering since I saw the latter GIF in the del Toro thread where that clip came from.

J-Skee

Just finished MGS3. Holy crap. I think I was about 14 when the game first came out & haven't played it since. I vaguely remembered some things but completely forgot about others. Like damn near the
entire Shagohad sequence
. And the ending? How could I forget that
Ocelot was a triple agent & was working for the CIA that whole time? I was wondering why all of a sudden, he didn't want to kill Snake. And the song playing during the fight with the Boss? So good.
All the songs in the game were so great. So damn good.

On to MGS4!

Salaadin

There's a lot of people i don't see posting much.... wonder why. Did they find a new home?
I would bet that a few of them went dark to avoid spoilers.
I seem to wander in here more often lately because I'm too excited

I really don't get the "unhinged community" thing

brau

I would bet that a few of them went dark to avoid spoilers.
I seem to wander in here more often lately because I'm too excited

This makes sense i guess.

Media blackout including gaf threads. must be tough.

Loakum

Banned
I'm surprised this game haven't leaked yet. I mean I'm REALLY surprised. Unless it really haven't gone gold yet....which is fine by me, because I don't want to be spoiled, or see anyone else spoiled. It's an safe bet I won't be playing The Phantom Pain on day #1 due to me waiting for it to be delivered by US and international mail (not to mention jury duty). When I do play it, I'm gonna take my sweet time and savor every nano-second on Kojima's final Metal Gear Solid game.

I can't speak for the entire community, but I know with most certainty I'm unhinged. My favorite thread of all time was that Head Transplant Doctor Theory. It was downright glorious.

Aaaaand finally got all the trophies on GZ! Bring on TPP

Just have to unlock all trials to complete the trophy portion of Ground Zeroes. I don't think I could ever complete some of the trophies for the HD collection. Just can't sit down for a 100% Stealth MGS2/No Kill/Kerotan run of MGS3.

I added more tracks to Phantom Pain's music list, one per year!

'76 - Dirty Deeds, AC/DC
'77 - It's Late, Queen
'78 - Pump it Up, Elvis Costello
'79 - Cruel to be Kind, Nick Lowe
'80 - Tired Of Toein' The Line, Rocky Burnett Edit Bonus: The crazy music vid.
'81 - Edge of Seventeen, Stevie Nicks
'82 - Don't Let Go, Unit Eight Edit Bonus: Source
'83 - Seperate Ways, Journey
'84 - Dancing in the Dark, Bruce Springsteen

Furyous

Call me a scumbag but I'm spending the week before TPP playing Ground Zeroes through to completion. I'm fultoning everyone in Camp Omega because why not.

NeoGiff

Hopefully nothing that insane and vitriolic will happen either in this thread or in the OT in the coming weeks. It just looks unpleasant, petty and childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom