• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
MGS players on September 1st

IhYdTp8.jpg

I just started a new job so i can't ask for a day off. Won't be able to play this properly until the weekend. :(

dmshaposv

Sure, he's a freakin' don... but they've also got the dainty-fingered, inline-skating, bomb-shitting Fatman. Swings and roundabouts.

Fatman had more personality than the entirety of the beauty and beast corp.

Man I really wish kojima retcons a young solidus training child soldier jack into tpp somehow. We hardly know ye georgie!

This is true. It's also true that he had a higher body mass index than the entirety of the B&B Corps.

Good thing Kojima didn't get the bosses posing idea for MGS2. :p

I hope my delivery man comes early :(

Will u guys back off the internet on MGS day? Or keep posting like always?

Probably going to stay offline, if not I'll definitely avoid reddit and resist clicking any Spoiler tags here
no matter what.

What's the spoiler rule for here after 9/1 btw? Discussions in tags or no discussion at all til 'x' days?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Where did they show up? Shell 1 Core or something? Completely forgot.

Alert phase in Shell 1 after you meet Ames.

Also in Elimination Mode Level 8. You have to do go through Strut F and take out 8 of those guys. The level itself must be done 6 times, with each time getting progressively harder. First as Raiden, then as Ninja Raiden, Solid Snake, Pliskin, Tuxedo Snake, and finally MGS1 Snake.

duder92

Neo Member
Been a bit out of the loop on this latest MG. I never played PW but played and enjoyed all the other numbered MGS games. How big of a departure is this going to be from the cinematic craziness of 1-4?

What little I have read seems to indicate this game will be focused more on the base building and less on story.

Usually I'm all for more gameplay but MG is the exception. How disappointed will I be if I go into this expecting a heavy story and cutscenes?

Spaghetti

Been a bit out of the loop on this latest MG. I never played PW but played and enjoyed all the other numbered MGS games. How big of a departure is this going to be from the cinematic craziness of 1-4?

What little I have read seems to indicate this game will be focused more on the base building and less on story.

Usually I'm all for more gameplay but MG is the exception. How disappointed will I be if I go into this expecting a heavy story and cutscenes?
nobody can really comment on the full extent of the story and how heavy it is, but it seems to take a more subtle approach to story telling by not drowning players in cutscenes, and making use of briefing tapes.

instead you get uninterrupted gameplay that by pretty much all accounts is great.

Kindekuma

Banned
Just over two weeks to go! The wait is becoming unbearable.

O1wPzgA.png

This is good, isn't it?

I hope the eyepatch comes off in TPP for some kind of cripple fight between Kaz and BB on Motherbase. With themes of lost limbs, it makes sense to see BB without the eyepatch at some point in TPP.

The most impressive bit is TPP picture, Boss's mouth actually looks like it has a cigar in it instead of a prop that's clipping through the mouth of a model (Like MGS3 and MGS4).

Haha, I didn't even notice that it was clipping till you pointed out. :p
Though what I meant was no matter what happens in TPP, the Big Boss we know and love now will end up dying there eventually. I find it hard to accept the death of characters I get attached to I guess.

So, what other animals do you expecting to appear ?

I will say,
an ocelot,
a giraffe,
a rhino,
and fucking lions.

Foxes and Jackals. Maybe we'll even see Eli hunting a Jackal, as a hint for those who paid attention before.

pahamrick

Haha, I didn't even notice that it was clipping till you pointed out. :p
Though what I meant was no matter what happens in TPP, the Big Boss we know and love now will end up dying there eventually. I find it hard to accept the death of characters I get attached to I guess.

Foxes and Jackals. Maybe we'll even see Eli hunting a Jackal, as a hint for those who paid attention before.

Oh, yeah. I got what you meant by that, I was just impressed by the picture since I hadn't looked close enough to notice that before.

Seems like most characters in MG are destined to have their end be sad and lonely.

Oh, yeah. I got what you meant by that, I was just impressed by the picture since I hadn't looked close enough to notice that before.
Fox Engine really opened a gateway for Kojima to get OCD with all minor details. Even when Boss starts his bike in that scene the animation looks so realistic with the bike shaking.

Seems like most characters in MG are destined to have their end be sad and lonely.
Yeah. That's also part of what makes them so memorable I guess. :]

tumblr_nqyfqqYSbJ1qadimdo1_400.gif

A fantastic engine only to be used for soccer games in the future. WHY.
KONAMIIIIIIIIIIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom