• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

tumblr_nqyfqqYSbJ1qadimdo1_400.gif

A fantastic engine only to be used for soccer games in the future. WHY.

It's going to be used for MGS6 as well.

sexyelder

I found something when I was editing a mgs v trailer. If u pause the gamescom trailer right before konami pops up u can see a word that looks like slate or slave. :s im serious guys

Screenshot_2015_08_16_19_26_31.png

So I preordered MGSV on PSN However, I just noticed (in my link/tweet) that it says Midnight EDT, but the actual product page says Midnight PDT. On my console it unlocks PDT. Kinda weird there is a bunch of time confusion here. I am not the only one encountering this who went digital.

Doesn't mater what time zone people are, this seems to be an issue on PSN. anyone can chime on it, or know whats going on?

Opto

Banned
I hope the eyepatch comes off in TPP for some kind of cripple fight between Kaz and BB on Motherbase. With themes of lost limbs, it makes sense to see BB without the eyepatch at some point in TPP.

after 20 years I can't imagine it being too gnarly

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
lol so konami put so little effort into their trailer the timeline watermarks are still in it. This should give everyone an idea of the quality of future MGS games.

Dunk#7

QUESTION:

What do I need to make sure I have completed in Ground Zeroes before TPP comes out? Want to make sure I have all the soldiers or bonuses that I can achieve.

I saw the post a few days ago regarding who all to extract, but should I get any enemy soldiers or complete any other tasks?

Anybody know?

realcZk

I cant help but think how cool it would be to design your own levels in TPP. I hope the PC modding community is able to do some great things with this game, I'd love to play some player-designed levels and maps eventually. Will keep the game fresh for a long time.

Africa is by far the coolest looking environment I've seen in the game. Just can't get enough of the forest atmosphere. I loved the red dirt sections as shown off briefly in the FOB video as well.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
QUESTION:

What do I need to make sure I have completed in Ground Zeroes before TPP comes out? Want to make sure I have all the soldiers or bonuses that I can achieve.

I saw the post a few days ago regarding who all to extract, but should I get any enemy soldiers or complete any other tasks?

Anybody know?

The list posted around is all you need.

I recall it vaguely. I don't think there was a community or anything but yeah. >_>

Was this you? http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/ixxfvgoi/

Your profile picture looks like that dude.

Guys, we know that we were called the most unhinged community lol. But who is the most unhinged between us, our leader, our savior?

All of teams A & D.

Instead of D-Walker they should have given D-Horse rollerskates and weapon and scope attachments.

Yes.

NYR94

This interview from Eurogamer isn't news, but it's still interesting to revisit. It has a lot of interesting quotes from KojiPro designer Jordan Amaro regarding their design philosophy. Even though TPP pain is "open world," it's not the same as other open world games.

It wasn't a natural transition for me on the design side when I joined KJP. I would start working on missions using my westerner's knowledge. I worked at 2K and Crytek, and I was making missions crafted for the player's enjoyment using what I had learned at Ubisoft, work and had experienced in other games that I like. I was designing with the player as my main preoccupation. All I did was for the player, the player was at the centre of the game. And I was getting it all wrong, this goes against the vision for MGS5.

First, it's not just about the player. The player manipulates a character in third-person that happens to be Snake. So the focus is put on Snake and his actions. You have to imagine, when you build spaces and design the associated mechanics, Snake does not want to get on the enemy's roads. He does not want to intersect their path and risk getting seen. We even dedicate one button to jumping out of sight. So we don't think in terms of: I'm going to make you crawl here, climb there then use that ability on that enemy. That's the outside-in. We think about the interesting situations that can occur in our game through the agency acted by Snake. That's the inside-out.

When you see that location for the first time, from that viewpoint, we have built Snake's routes and the enemy's routes. We don't build them like: I want you the player to get that guy on that rooftop using those means (they're rotated to watch inside their own base in Batman or Assassin's Creed by the way, not outside as it would make sense... plus they walk on rooftops) then do x then y because it's fun. That belongs to you, the player, to do. We've only created a place that our artists have okayed and hopefully makes sense and poses challenges. And that Snake route will be subtle and organic enough so it won't jump to your eyes.

But for this MGS we believe in exposing the player to situations where he's not in total control and understanding of everything the game has to offer. Snake doesn't know where all the stuff is because... how could he? And we're not going to bend the game and make everything pop up. This time you're on the same level as he is. But it's still an open-world game, right? If you want to go out there and shoot everybody, you're going to feel badass. And you may feel like Snake but in fact you won't be Snake. From our point of view, Snake is not that guy.

The interview can be read here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-23-stealth-vs-stealth

gafneo

Banned
It says END SLATE though it's really hard to read the 'END' part. You can make out the D on Boss's ear.
89BTVW7.jpg

Most likely the editor set up slates on timeline for reference and forgot to remove this one.

on preorder there are words etching out. Same way mgsv was etched in the secrect tpp reveal. Looks like letters r, a, y, and x. x-ray?

The1Ski

This interview from Eurogamer isn't news, but it's still interesting to revisit. It has a lot of interesting quotes from KojiPro designer Jordan Amaro regarding their design philosophy. Even though TPP pain is "open world," it's not the same as other open world games.

The interview can be read here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-23-stealth-vs-stealth

It takes a heck of a director to be able to convey this intent to the programmers and designers and have them understand, internalize, and execute.

Kindekuma

Banned
;)

Also, is it me, or are the animations more fluid in TPP than GZ? Like just sprinting and grabbing someone in TPP looks better than GZ?

KJP fixed his animations, so not only is he even better to control, but various tweaks to his carrying animation, grabbing, and so forth have been made. Looks so good!

Opto

Banned

That's pretty interesting. Really good break downs on what makes stealth engaging and the duality of wanting to give a good experience but also appealing to wide audiences
And Snake doesn't talk as much. He said, if he talks too much then we have to pay Kiefer Sutherland a lot more!
heha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom