• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
BAylljb.png

MpKUoR7.gif

lol, this guy doesn't even remember if he did the facial capture for MGSV

Is this live or on youtube? Can't watch a.t.m.

Enemy characters generally won't have a ton of dialogue unless they appear in tapes/codec but a few hours of work sounds low, does he talk about GZ seperate to that?

Vally

Is this live or on youtube? Can't watch a.t.m.

Enemy characters generally won't have a ton of dialogue unless they appear in tapes/codec but a few hours of work sounds low, does he talk about GZ seperate to that?

It was live, it finished just now. It will be up on youtube in a few hours anyway

I'm not sure whether he was talking about GZ or MGSV as a whole but yeah, only a few hours of work sounds low for what seems to be a major character

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Didn't you have a problem with your internet a couple months back too? You're pretty unlucky :p

Yeah i changed the ISP and everything worked fine but now it's a different problem that of course involves the internet :3

Hopefully i'll be back on track in a few weeks, im on phone but i'm already over my 2 GB limit so it's slow as shit. I can't watch any videos only browse a few pages... thankefully GAF loads pretty quick but E3 would be a horror so hopefully they can fix this before it.

MajorTom

Yeah i changed the ISP and everything worked fine but now it's a different problem that of course involves the internet :3

Hopefully i'll be back on track in a few weeks, im on phone but i'm already over my 2 GB limit so it's slow as shit. I can't watch any videos only browse a few pages... thankefully GAF loads pretty quick but E3 would be a horror so hopefully they can fix this before it.
Yeah dude, hopefully

Rajang

Don't die on us man.

d9bp2Fs.gif

JayEH

Sooo Horan just said he
only recorded for a few hours one day for TPP. Made it seem like the role isn't very big at all

Well...shit.

lol, this guy doesn't even remember if he did the facial capture for MGSV
He doesn't seem to remember anything really. He said they asked him to use his normal voice, but I don't think his normal voice sounds like skullface

And everyone thinks that Kiefer was the drunk :p

Alienous

I've wondered about how The Phantom Pain all ties together, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima Productions is also.

I haven't gotten the sense of it being a game playable from opening credits to end like the other games and their trailers. Aside from the opening at the hospital I have no idea.

R-User!

You think code talker talks in code (i.e. "Zero one one zero one zero zero one!")?

Obviously he won't talk that way, but I want to hear some speculation dammit! :p

I wonder if people's experience of the story will be negatively effected by the open world nature of the game. It will throw of the pacing although that's never really bothered myself but it will with others.

Rajang

I wonder if people's experience of the story will be negatively effected by the open world nature of the game. It will throw of the pacing although that's never really bothered myself but it will with others.

Yeah, that's a good point. You can't really pace a game as well if you give players this much freedom.

Mexen

You think code talker talks in code (i.e. "Zero one one zero one zero zero one!")?

Obviously he won't talk that way, but I want to hear some speculation dammit! :p

I think he uses hypnosis and hallucinogenic smoke or chemicals to reveal one's future. Of course the visions of the subject are in code. At some point, BB will see 3 hatching eggs with one of the newborns attacking papa big bird
and defeating it

How's that for speculation?

Calling it now ishmael is going to be the big role.
Metal-Gear-Solid-5.jpg

This character is probably the most interesting for me. I don't exactly follow the theory that he is imaginary, but I can sort of see why people would think that. I don't believe he is though.

Another interesting part of these scene in general though, in my own theory, is that I think it's a sort of rebirth of Big Boss. IIRC, the hospital scene opens or occurs very early in the game, and watching the GDC demo of Ishmael and Big Boss attempting to escape, it all just seems symbolic of re-creating Big Boss, or a rebirth, if you will. The way he awakens, crawls around on the floor like a newborn and slowly learns to walk again. Also, the 9 year coma, sort of like the 9 month gestation period of pregnancy. This coupled with the new voice, and the fact that Kojima stated he made a concious effort to change Big Boss's behavior to be more in line with the player's, making him closer to a silent protag. There's also the rebirth of Mother Base, "V has to come to.", becoming a demon, etc. Definitely a big transformation happening.

Anyway, just some thoughts I had while under the influence. This picture is also pretty interesting:

mOJPNNf.gif

R-User!

I think he uses hypnosis and hallucinogenic smoke or chemicals to reveal one's future. Of course the visions of the subject are in code. At some point, BB will see 3 hatching eggs with one of the newborns attacking papa big bird
and defeating it

How's that for speculation?

You're pretty good!

Like Sonny's eggsies, but not fried: alive and thriving!

Interesting.

Only 16.3 weeks to go until Code Talker talks his code!

115 days until C2T2 beeps and whirs his code at us while casting a spell and hypnotizing us into believing that the world must become One or else it will become Zero.

Vally

Yeah I was just hoping there was a summary of what he said somewhere.

A guy on metalgearinformer wrote a short summary:

1. James auditoned for the role and got it.
2. He has met hideo kojima.
3. At first he went for a voice that was kind of deep and raspy for skull face. But Kojima told him to use his normal voice instead.
4. James said he only did a few hours of recording for skullface in total. Hence skullface might play a very short but effective role in TTP.
5. James was kept heavily in the dark about the story. Hence he doesn't know much about the character and story.
6. Compares skullface to Adolf Hitler and Darth Vader? Might have to check that out in interview again. Not sure about it.
7. He did the recordings by himself.
8. Next interview is Quinton Flynn! Scheduled for 23rd May i believe.

3. At first he went for a voice that was kind of deep and raspy for skull face. But Kojima told him to use his normal voice instead.
4. James said he only did a few hours of recording for skullface in total. Hence skullface might play a very short but effective role in TTP.
5. James was kept heavily in the dark about the story. Hence he doesn't know much about the character and story.
6. Compares skullface to Adolf Hitler and Darth Vader? Might have to check that out in interview again. Not sure about it.

skullface big boss father confirmed

Rajang

Wow, thanks for the summary.

This kinda falls in line with my theory. Skull Face not being the real villain. Real villain obviously being Cipher/Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom