• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish we can eat dd in tpp

wfs76.jpg

Edited for correctness

You think Kojima may be inspired by Bioware and treat buddies like companions? Have their own storylines, relationship management, love interest(!). I really couldn't see, and do not want, love plots in this, but the whole "She can hate you or friend you" thing is sort of interesting.

You think Kojima may be inspired by Bioware and treat buddies like companions? Have their own storylines, relationship management, love interest(!). I really couldn't see, and do not want, love plots in this, but the whole "She can hate you or friend you" thing is sort of interesting.

it would be interesting to hear your companions thoughts when walking around motherbase

Mexen

I think that could happen. Kojima is known for "humanizing" characters. It wouldn't surprise me if buddies were more than just an extra trigger during missions. I'm willing to bet that for some people, which buddy they tend to pick over the others might transcend their abilities to levels of preferable "personality".

Don't listen to me. I also believe we'll definitely hear Quiet talk at some point.

Shy

Tora is getting in trouble again because of #gamesjournalism.

Ugh, when will people realize that not every single post on Neogaf is news or insider information. We are just a great community that sometimes gets the goods.

Poor Tora, hang in there buddy.
That's why i think (even though it probably wouldn't that much) that community section should only be able to be seen by members.

I feel like they cant play a big part of the game because they are missable. Hopefully Quiet has enough screen time for some decent character development.

that is what i was thinking cause it would be a massive waste of time if they have a big story arc with quiet and most players miss out on getting her

Konami should sell TPP to Atlus and add Social Links. Those dates in PW wasn't enough. After ̶S̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ mission Big Boss rest at Motherbase, do some Social Links and at night explore ̶T̶a̶r̶t̶a̶r̶u̶s̶ Afganistan.

High Priestess: Quiet
Hanged Man: Huey
Lovers: Kaz
Temperance: Ocelit
Hemit: DD
etc

MajorTom

Konami should sell TPP to Atlus and add Social Links. Those dates in PW wasn't enough. After ̶S̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ mission Big Boss rest at Motherbase, do some Social Links and at night explore ̶T̶a̶r̶t̶a̶r̶u̶s̶ Afganistan.

etc
Every game needs social links.

Mexen

etc

Will I have the option to play as EVA?

Revengeance is awesome. It doesn't matter if it's canonical or not because it's a side story. And yea, it's awesome. Don't know why the canon status bothers some people so much. People are very adamant for something not to be canon when they don't like and vice versa for when they do. It's pretty dumb.

Loakum

Banned
Ya'll got Tora in trouble again? tisk,tisk,tisk...ya'll should had asked him safe questions like "how many ridges on the side of a quarter", like I did. I hope ya'll are ashamed of yourselves! *points finger*

MajorTom

Ya'll got Tora in trouble again? tisk,tisk,tisk...ya'll should had asked him safe questions like "how many ridges on the side of a quarter", like I did. I hope ya'll are ashamed of yourselves! *points finger*
I always seem to miss when Tora shows up :/
One day..........

etc

image.php

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

Revengeance is awesome. It doesn't matter if it's canonical or not because it's a side story. And yea, it's awesome. Don't know why the canon status bothers some people so much. People are very adamant for something not to be canon when they don't like and vice versa for when they do. It's pretty dumb.

I'm so with you. Fun > Canon.

etc

I honestly never wanted a game so bad til now.

Rajang

I'm so with you. Fun > Canon.

I agree to a certain extent. Like I know that Metal Gear Ac!d 2 isn't part of the canon that Kojima envisioned but that doesn't at all affect how much fun I have with that game. I just don't take it seriously when it comes to story. But I still like to know what is or isn't canon and that it's important if you want to discuss story elements in the Metal Gear saga.

Thanks for the new background.

No problem. :)

Roldan

Stupid question: is there an artwork from Diamond Dog by Shinkawa, or will he release it when the game is available?

I believe that's the closest we have for now, but DD was very... different back then. That's an early concept art from 2011~2012 or so (Ground Zeroes wasn't even announced yet)

edit: just to clarify, it was never confirmed that this dog is DD, but I can't assume any other thing. they probably just redesigned him.

I think there will be multiple dog breeds in the game, and I think DD is just an example of one of the many breeds available. I hope the Rhodesian Ridgeback they had in the GDC tech demo is still in the game.

Rajang

I see. But is there a place with all of these recent similar pieces of art in one gallery? Or who is generating that art so I can check out their gallery? Thanks.

I don't think anyone knows who the author is. I've tried finding the original author, but no luck so far.

I've saved most of the ones I liked, also uploaded them to imgur. The other wallpapers I have are from MGS1, MGS4 and Metal Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom