• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
xGvBsCO.png

THAT SOME PYTHONSELKAN SHIT

Rajang

Error1355

You know, this community thread has me visiting NeoGAF every day while at work and I'm quite a large fan of it.

I've had this account here since 2008 and I'm still just a Junior Member too.

Looking forward to riding the MGS V hype train or car crash or whatever Konami ends up making this into with you guys. lol =p

Chinner

Banned
You know, this community thread has me visiting NeoGAF every day while at work and I'm quite a large fan of it.

Looking forward to riding the MGS V hype train or car crash or whatever Konami ends up making this into with you guys. lol =p

so you were TUS, yeah? i remember back in the day when there used to be like the mgs fansite wars.

good times.

Error1355

so you were TUS, yeah? i remember back in the day when there used to be like the mgs fansite wars.

good times.

Yep! I miss the 2005-2008 TUS community, but hey, shit happens I guess.

I likely had my blinders on pretty hard but I felt like MGS:TUS was the only real good fansite, outside of Snake Soup at that time. All others were worthless in my mind at the time. <_<

Being away from the nonsense for a few years really let me know I was taking a video game series way too seriously too.

Chinner

Banned
I won't really comment on TUS, but before MGS4 there was so many MGS fansites. It's interesting how most of them died, but fan sites don't really work in web 2.0.

Operation MGS
MGS2onine > MGS3online
TUS
Snake Soup
Operation MGS
Planet MGS > MGSource

Only Snake Soup has survived.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=163545118&postcount=1164

So we've established that the characteristics of the figure are not particular to the gender or sex appeal of the character portrayed, and the Snake figure has the same fleshiness. Quiet as a character design is certainly up for legitimate debate as far as objectification in gaming, but the story presented in the OP operates under false pretenses and is heavily agenda-driven, so this thread is a bust (as it were).

As a closing commentary, Akihabara is easily the creepiest place on the planet. You probably really don't want to buy figures catering to the otaku market segment for your own mental and social health. That being said, merchandising for anime/manga/gaming in Japan is so ridiculously depraved and targeted at pedophiles that it's difficult to bat an eye whatsoever at this Quiet doll, which, despite any squishability, depicts a grown woman with human proportions that overall looks very much like the model in that photo of her holding it (which is neat), and not a 10 year old girl-creature in a maid outfit with ZZ cups and moe eyes as per the status quo.

Don't buy otaku dolls and a big glass case to put them in. Thanks. 'Til next time.

EviLore closes threads sooooo good.

Shy

Sadly konami will nver allow it
Don't see why not, from what i heard those the final hours of.... are nothing more than puff pieces that doesn't contain the truth of what happened during production.
You need to have a minimum of 300 posts.
eBsUpSE.gif

I still can't believe the feigned outrage over Quiet, I honestly can't wait until the game comes out and we finally find out the reason for the way she is dressed. Either way, I don't find it that outlandish considering the other female characters in the games always seem to show off ridiculous amounts of cleavage. Hell, even during the fight with the Boss she decides to zip down to her navel.

Don't see why not, from what i heard those the final hours of.... are nothing more than puff pieces that doesn't contain the truth of what happened during production.

eBsUpSE.gif

Holy shit I love Evilores posts.

Evilore... I think I love you man.

Error1355

I won't really comment on TUS

Operation MGS
MGS2onine > MGS3online
TUS
Snake Soup
Operation MGS
Planet MGS > MGSource

Only Snake Soup has survived.

Why no comment on TUS ? =P

...>_>

Also Snake Soup and Singh is the shit.

Yeah, I remember reading that at some point. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. =P

I still can't believe the feigned outrage over Quiet, I honestly can't wait until the game comes out and we finally find out the reason for the way she is dressed. Either way, I don't find it that outlandish considering the other female characters in the games always seem to show off ridiculous amounts of cleavage. Hell, even during the fight with the Boss she decides to zip down to her navel.

People really seem to enjoy finding anything to be offended about anymore.

mcarlie

Banned
I think it's pretty obvious that Keighley didn't just "run into" Kojima in Tokyo, my guess is that Keighley contacted Kojima after the controversy and they agreed to write something about it. Maybe something like his Final Hours stuff.

strafer

see what you guys did...you got EviLore do put down the hammer.

you know you fucked up when he closes a thread

SHAME ON YOU MGS GAF..

SHAME

ON

YOU

Vally

see what you guys did...you got EviLore do put down the hammer.

you know you fucked up when he closes a thread

SHAME ON YOU MGS GAF..

SHAME

ON

YOU

What did we do :(

It's always the same shit, some guy who has nothing to do with our community fucks up and then we get all the blame lol

Mexen

We live in a time when it's easy to to be vocal about anything.
Nothing wrong with the doll imo. I'm not even a figurine collector.

MGS > MGS2 > MGS3 > MGS4 > Peace Walker
Play them in release order. Start with MGS1 or with the old MSX titles, they are included with MGS3.
That's easy enough. I'll start MGS tonight I think.
Oh man, you're in for a hell of ride.

Please post impressions as you go. :)

:)
Good advice. Have fun! and post impressions.
Will do! Somehow over the years I've actually managed the almost every spoiler about the games, so I'm going in blind. Should be interesting.

brau

That's easy enough. I'll start MGS tonight I think.

Will do! Somehow over the years I've actually managed the almost every spoiler about the games, so I'm going in blind. Should be interesting.

Woaaaaohaaaaaaaaaaa!

So you are a virgin? Holy cow how did you manage that?? and holy cow are you in for a treat then. ENJOY THE GAMES!!!

Order of release. You can skip MG and MG2 because you can read a summary of those somewhere in MGS menu.

image.php

Nice avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom