• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Oh you guys think this is ashes? hmm....

but it's really weird, why are only 3 fingers covered with it? btw. in the E3 2014 trailer where he puts the ashes on his face he uses the other hand and not the prosthetic arm.

I'm pretty sure it's ashes. The only reason for it being like so in that poster is... simply for the poster because it looks cool.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That's essentially all I have to look forward to now. Everything else; crushed, gone, gave up on.

It's the little things in life that keeps you going ;) hang in there man.

Do not think we all are problems free and you're the only one with those issues. We all have our things to deal with. I know it sounds cheesy but that's part of life.

Always think about Stallone's great motivational words.

Here is a little tribute i really like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAwjYZvw3FQ

Shy

Oh you guys think this is ashes? hmm....

but it's really weird, why are only 3 fingers covered with it? btw. in the E3 2014 trailer where he puts the ashes on his face he uses the other hand and not the prosthetic arm.
You over thinking it waaay too much dude.

The reason in the pic he's using his robot arm, is symbolism, the loss of his arm, the lives around him, etc.

Mexen

A non Hideo Kojima MG remake is ok. A non Kojima continuation of the MGS universe is what I'm not looking forward to. At all.

Palpable

It's the little things in life that keeps you going ;) hang in there man.

Do not think we all are problems free and you're the only one with those issues. We all have our things to deal with. I know it sounds cheesy but that's part of life.

Always think about Stallone's great motivational words.

Here is a little tribute i really like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAwjYZvw3FQ

I've no doubt I'm not the only one. Very uplifting video. Stallone is a legend. I've been trying to put it all behind me, but no matter how much I do so, I still doubt very much that I will not be sensitive to it all no matter how much time passes. It has had a great deal of affect on me.

Embearded

He is seen as some sort of messiah figure among gamers. Better not have him playable.

I want it to go slow, learn everything I can about Big Boss and how he came to be your enemy in MG and after. Even that 9 year coma jump makes me feel like I am losing information, so I hope they release a DLC with playable Ocelot or Kaz and let us see how they managed with Big Boss out of the game.
I don't want even one second of old material in the last true Metal Gear.

MGSV will end with a climatic cutscene and a dialogue:

-This is Big Boss...
Operation Intrude N313.
Infiltrate the enemy's base Outer
Heaven and destroy the ultimate
weapon, Metal Gear!

-Metal Gear?

I really really hope for a remake of MG and MG2:SS on Fox Engine.

I can see that dialogue happening and hell I want those remakes too, but I want them as standalone remakes, not part of TPP!

Shy

A non Hideo Kojima MG remake is ok. A non Kojima continuation of the MGS universe is what I'm not looking forward to. At all.
Why would a non-Kojima be fine, but a non-kojima MGS universe not be. ?
They're the same thing.

Palpable

They're the same thing.

I think he's referring to the canon. To be fair, Kojima considers all non-Kojima made MGS games to be of a different canon than his. So regardless, Kojima made MGS games are the only ones that matter.

Shy

I think he's referring to the canon. To be fair, Kojima considers all non-Kojima made MGS games to be of a different canon than his. So regardless, Kojima made MGS games are the only ones that matter.
But, it's more than just cannon that make metal gear what it is, a non-Kojima directed MGS, in this new era Konami (and the old one to be honest) will be fucking trash.

Palpable

But, it's more than just cannon that make metal gear what it is, a non-Kojima directed MGS, in this new era Konami (and the old one to be honest) will be fucking trash.

Canon & Kojima go hand in hand with MGS. I don't care for the non-Kojima directed games.

Embearded

I want it standalone but not separate. I want a remake of both tittled:
Metal Gear Solid Snake.

Yeah i didn't mean separate MG from MG2:SS, but from TPP.
With Kojima leaving after TPP, i can only hope for KONAMI bringing HD Collection + MGS4 to PC and current gen. A remake without Kojima supervising can be as bad as a new entry without him.

raven777

very cute

CF6k5t-UsAEQnR4.jpg

CF6k5uEUgAA-PbE.jpg

CF6k5t_UEAA0jmD.jpg

CF6k5uHUIAA_7z9.jpg

I want to get it if it's good price..

MajorTom

Yeah i didn't mean separate MG from MG2:SS, but from TPP.
With Kojima leaving after TPP, i can only hope for KONAMI bringing HD Collection + MGS4 to PC and current gen. A remake without Kojima supervising can be as bad as a new entry without him.
I highly doubt the bolded will happen. It could only really be ported to ps4 if anything.

What games are you guys playing in July/August ? For me right know it's the Witcher 3 until Batman Arkham Knight releases in June.

I see nothing that is interesting enough after Batman until TPP :(

What games are you guys playing in July/August ? For me right know it's the Witcher 3 until Batman Arkham Knight releases in June.

GTAV and er.... GTAV

Can't afford another game right now, lol. Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor look very appealing to me though!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

NA NA NA NA BATMAAAAAN

MajorTom

Playing the witcher right now, it's okay but I don't know how long it'll hold my interest. Probably going to buy batman and play some games in my backlog

sexyelder

Still Ground Zeroes. I have traveled to the sess pool known as Xbox Live and have converted many to our cause. To renounce their false gods and to follow the one true god, Kojima. Petty games like Halo, and cod I have made many renounce and to feel the warmth of GZ. I have set them on the path, the path Kojima planned for us. To let big boss come inside of us and fill us with his grace. To not simply play metal gear, but to BE metal gear.

Mexen

I'm still thinking about this, why is BB smearing sand all over his face? do you guys think this will be a gameplay mechanic in the game?

6kN-haCT.jpeg

keep-calm-and-wait-for-mgsv-tpp.png

Sand Snakes confirmed.

They're the same thing.

Because the source material for a remake largely already exists and TPP itself is a great precursor to that within that era.
But MGS 6 (a sequel to 4, say) will require a vast amount of original content by Konami (sans-Kojima) and I'm not comfortable with that. I hope that makes sense.
If anything, I would much rather have MGR2.

Mexen

That's the replacement for the Face Camo system

"Boss, try to procure different kinds of sand to affect your facial disguise."

"Hrrrgh, it all looks the same. This mechanic was a mistake. It's nothing but trash."

I know you read that in Hayter's voice.

Embearded

"Boss, try to procure different kinds of sand to affect your facial disguise."

"Hrrrgh, it all looks the same. This mechanic was a mistake. It's nothing but trash."

I know you read that in Hayter's voice.

holy shit i did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom