• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embearded

Cool stuff! Also, is the chrous The Boss talking to Naked Snaked? Lol

I really don't know, but the whole song seems like a confession from The Boss to Snake.

Less than 100 days huh? I have to start explaining my gf why i won't be able to go out and why she should be here with me enjoying the greatness of V!

Embearded

Sounds nice, good work!
So I guess I missed a debate about MGS ringtones. I'm using the MGS4 Codec sound for SMS and notifications.

Thanks!
Codec sound for sms and notificiations? It never even crossed my mind! I have been using it for calls since 2009 i think.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: that gave me chills! Nicely done.

You are welcome mate, glad you like it!

What would you guys think, about a simple app for Android, that lets you play the sound of codec on and off when you answer and hang your phone?
From tomorrow and for 5 days, i'll be stuck at home watching after my 4 year old nephew, so i could give it a try and see if i can make it.

Mexen

Thanks!
Codec sound for sms and notificiations? It never even crossed my mind! I have been using it for calls since 2009 i think.

You are welcome mate, glad you like it!

What would you guys think, about a simple app for Android, that lets you play the sound of codec on and off when you answer and hang your phone?
From tomorrow and for 5 days, i'll be stuck at home watching after my 4 year old nephew, so i could give it a try and see if i can make it.

Will it allow me to crouch and answer the phone with: "this is Snake." ?

Do it!

Vally

https://drawception.com/viewgame/ZrXH4aMOxy/hideo-kojima/

ZrXH4aMOxy.png

Error1355

This drawception page isn't blocked at work. Fantastic!

Now I wish I knew how to draw.

Curious to know how many of you will be playing TPP on Xbox one. I've always associated metal gear with playstation.

I'm getting both versions, but I'll prolly end up playing on PS4 first.

Ryan_MSF

Curious to know how many of you will be playing TPP on Xbox one. I've always associated metal gear with playstation.

tempted, a lot of my friends are playing on xbox one, but destroying Dawg's MB every chance i get is something i'm going to struggle to pass up!

d83c3e07c297d42222dc52ed43a80abd.jpg

Rajang

Yeah, Metal Gear also doesn't really sell well on Xbox. Look at sales of GZ and the HD collection on 360 or MGS2 Substance on Xbox.

SJRB

Gold Member
I have a feeling we'll see more of MGO than TPP at E3.

I'm actually cool with that. One more trailer for E3 perhaps, but other than that just absolutely nothing would be fine. Just keep everything a mystery instead of spoiling EVERYTHING like he did with MGS4.

Yeah, Metal Gear also doesn't really sell well on Xbox. Look at sales of GZ and the HD collection on 360 or MGS2 Substance on Xbox.

in the last konami financials they had more sales on pc than xbox. the only game which they released for pc in that time was GZ

So i do not understand the two week delay since the PC market is strong for MGS

But yes Playstation out sells the rest to like 3 to 1.

i do not understand the two week delay since the PC market is strong for MGS
Money talks.
There are three types of PC gamers:
- Those who buy games like normal (hyped) people: preorder or at day one
- Those who buy games at Big Steam Sales or Humble Bundles
- Those who pirate games

wilsonda

Currently have GZ on xbone but will probably make the shift to ps4 for tpp due to the majority of sales being on ps4...just waiting to see if they have a special ps4 mgsv bundle at e3

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Official site updated.

Hnnngggg

"You've been in a coma for quite some time."

20150525_02.jpg

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN PREVIEW EVENT HOSTED! First hands-on experience of MGSV:TPP with journalists from around the globe!

From May 11th to 14th, Konami hosted a unique global PREVIEW EVENT at our Los Angeles Studio. We are honored delete "to have" more than 40 major press and game outlets visited and enjoyed a first glimpse of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN is the series' largest and most ambitious edition to date, featuring a game world which provides an immense and immersive experience for greater then any prior METAL GEAR title.

MGSV:TPP is brought to vivid life with realistic weather patterns and day/night cycles. Thus, players can adapt their tactics to leverage advantages provided by world environment. In addition, a new Mother Base system with strategic elements will also be included within the game.

Invited journalists played for two intense days on the main game without the extensive online components enabled. Despite not having enough time to go over a full playthrough of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN, their quotes and responses showed how deeply engaged they were by the epic storytelling and the fantastic game contents.

Here we will share some feedback and thoughts the journalists have tweeted, as well as pictures of the event!

Tweets

“I was amazed how much time we had with the game. This sort of unrestricted access is almost unheard of. It was brilliant to spend so much time exploring.”
- Matthew Pellett, Official PlayStation Magazisne

“It’s huge. And just awesome to play. The intro stage blew me away.”
- Adam Mathew, Official PlayStation Magazine (Australia)

“I was surprised at the depth. It remains all that is right about the MGS world, but the scale is enormous.”
- Tomas Veidt, Gamestar

"The day/night cycle is great, and plays a big part of strategizing. The phantom cigar is weird!"
- Peter Brown, GameSpot

“At Konami's Phantom Pain preview event. Current mission? Sending a sheep back to Mother Base. 7 hours in and keeps getting more satisfying.”
- Andrew Fitch, EGM

“Big thanks to Konami for inviting me out to play MGS5 TPP. Played 9 hours today and I get to play more today :D Loving it so far”
- Alia Shelesh, SSSniperWolf

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/index.php5

Vally

So it's true that they were playing the full game... they must be pretty confident about the length of the game to let the journalists play for two days straight

Can't wait for June 9th

Sn4ke_911

Update on new Chibi Raiden figure. Kawaii~

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Prototype-1.jpg

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Prototype-2.jpg

So it's true that they were playing the full game... they must be pretty confident about the length of the game to let the journalists play for two days straight

Can't wait for June 9th

Uhm where does it say that? it also says: "Invited journalists played for two intense days on the main game without the extensive online components enabled."

But yeah they probably did or at least an almost final build because they said they had to held some journos back because they got too far into the game lol.

Vally

Uhm where does it say that? it also says: "Invited journalists played for two intense days on the main game without the extensive online components enabled."

This video is in Spanish but the journalist says that were playing the full game (except the online), not only the first chapter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XQXe3Q_cIk#t=33m

And that blog post makes it sound like that was the case, they were playing "the main game" but didn't have time for a full playthrough

Sn4ke_911

This video is in Spanish but the journalist says that were playing the full game (except the online), not only the first chapter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XQXe3Q_cIk#t=33m

And that blog post makes it sound like that was the case, they were playing "the main game" but didn't have time for a full playthrough

Ah ok, damn June 9th can't come soon enough.

Sn4ke_911

On the fence. While I want to hear more details I am worried it might be too much. I'd love a huge batch of new screenshots though.

Yeah i agree, i will definitely take a look since official Metal Gear twitter confirmed there won't be any story info but still i'd be very careful.

I don't mind some Afghanistan gameplay but i don't wanna know anything about the beginning in the hospital because some journo said "The intro stage blew me away.”

So goddamn excited.

Edit: because if you think even new Afghanistan gameplay is too spoilery you might want to consider cutting yourself off from the internet until release because you can bet there will be new stuff at E3.

Sn4ke_911

i like how the konami page cherry picked tweets i am sure the previews are going to be very positive but still funny.

I'm not sure what you're getting at Jimmy, most twitter impressions were very positive, in fact i haven't read a single negative one.

I'm not sure what you're getting at Jimmy, most twitter impressions were very positive, in fact i haven't read a single negative one.

Well it didn't look like konami linked the impressions of the spanish journalist making it through a part of the game that konami did not even think people would get it. I know it is one guy but many other people probably rushed through part of the game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom