• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

I agree :>

I want to play some GZ today but I have to render out my projects and that'll take a few hours D:

I imagine giraffes would be useful on mother base handing tools and what not to people a couple floors higher/lower.

Don't forget giraffe hats.

Rean

AHx5tfA.gif

Mexen

Would pay all the ¥ for customized face camo via eye toy or something.
Take picture, renders likeness, allows adjustments.

JayEH

What TPP and TLOU has in common:

Bearded angsty protagonist
A girl who was born into the world/conflict and kills to survive
Troy Baker
Stealth elements
Finding the whereabouts of an organization
Time gap between the prologue and main game
A story that'll make you cry (subjective...?)
Multiplayer
The main character
falls ill or is incapacitated
for a major section of the story.

Should I keep going?

A girl is not the main character of TPP. TLOU has stealth elements, MGS is a stealth game. The finding the whereabouts of an organization is in completely different contexts. I wouldn't say Big Boss is angsty. Multiplayer, really?

They have very little in common besides one game having stealth elements.

Kindekuma

Banned
How much will you pay for N.Drake mask?

$0.00.

I want a cyborg ninja helmet and a rations helmet.

A girl is not the main character of TPP. TLOU has stealth elements, MGS is a stealth game. The finding the whereabouts of an organization is in completely different contexts. I wouldn't say Big Boss is angsty. Multiplayer, really?

They have very little in common besides one game having stealth elements.

;)

I never said the girl was the main character. I just said it features one. But the finding the organization is a key to the plot, doesn't matter the context. Why so upset about the multiplayer part? There's TLOU online and MGO!

Kindekuma

Banned
I wish rations were still in the main game. I'm not a big fan of fast health regeneration.

I dunno, I kind of like having the health gen when out in a open world like this. It would suck having the scour the environment for a ration or something like that.

Rajang

I dunno, I kind of like having the health gen when out in a open world like this. It would suck having the scour the environment for a ration or something like that.

I like the way it was in PW. You had 4 or 5 rations. If you ran out you could ask for a supply drop.

Kindekuma

Banned
I like MGS3 health system.

MGS3 had a pretty damn cool health system, I'll give you that. But it really broke the pacing of the game when you wanted to use an antidote or some meds/fix a broken bone/etc.

Peace Walker's was much faster by having a player switch between Health and Psyche healing items. Plus developing better rations was fun. Finding a 5 Star Chef was a bitch though.

They could still tweak the critical injury system so is easier to trigger and has a limited item count that will give you a quick recovery, I dunno. In Peace Walker you never had to worry about rations running out unless you were in a boss fight. Were rations for stamina in pw? I've forgotten.

I just wanna eat snakes and frogs again ( ._.)

Some day you Fulton a tree frog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom