• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
3JQHxEK.png

Disagreeing is fine, personal attacks are not. (Thanks Brau for the picture!)

GUYZ

LowParry

Don't worry. Over my long research on human psyche, i know for a fact that when people are losing an argument they pretend they were joking. No hard feelings guys.

Hey. Pshhh. There wasn't an argument to begin with. ;) It's like your opinion man.

What do you think, which MGS game of all games in series is better for the role of standalone game? As if it wasn't part of MGS universe.

LowParry

GZ has much better gameplay then TLOU

so TPP will definitely beat it in that apartment

Ah sorry I missed that. I dunno. They're both pretty good in terms of gameplay. As for what TPP will offer, we'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: And wait, isn't the original argument the length of cut scenes between two games? Didn't MGS4 hold some Guinness record?

brau

Only 390 more until OT4.

did a decision get made on who is doing OT4?

All my double posts probably helped :/

why choo double posting, foo? must've been important. i usually just edit my last post if i need to reply to someone else and no more posts have been made.

so whats going on? i like that no fighting banner.

also. for standalone mgs game, i want to say mgs3. but my heart stays with mgs1. i guess like a lot of you mentioned mgs1 is a classic. but mgs3 is a very complete story. i don't think there are as many gaps or plot holes to worry about. the narrative is a lot better, the pacing. its a hard choice. but mgs1 was the game i have played the most. bah, lets stir the pot. gz for best demo to intro you to the world of mgs, just to be a rebel.

MajorTom

did a decision get made on who is doing OT4?

why choo double posting, foo? must've been important. i usually just edit my last post if i need to reply to someone else and no more posts have been made.

so whats going on? i like that no fighting banner.

also. for standalone mgs game, i want to say mgs3. but my heart stays with mgs1.
I get too carried away and don't bother checking if someone else has posted first.

MajorTom

I bet with jay that Batman will sell more than TPP

With the Sony Console bundle for Batman being sold out and re stocked and being sold out again i feel good about the bet.
Yeah you will probably win tbh. I think TPP will be a better game but you can't deny that batman is more popular.

Mexen

Sons of liberty.

Interesting. MGS2 was the first one I played and then 3 before finally playing 1. I can honestly say that I don't feel like 2 could fit the criterion presented here.
Gonna have to go with 3. I also think that so far, it's the best at everything in the franchise.

Mexen

well. its a big task. so maybe.
:) just want whats best. lol

Ganbatte! Man, I dunno what we're rushing for in this thread lol. I'm on mobile (opera mini), by the time I post this, there'll be 3-5 posts between it and my previous post.

EDIT: or just one.

LowParry

Yeah you will probably win tbh. I think TPP will be a better game but you can't deny that batman is more popular.

If only Final Fantasy was the bigger name these days with it's first expansion for XIV coming out in June. At least for me, that's my purchase for June. Batman later when the Holiday deals start kicking in.

Rajang

I really think TPP will outsell Batman. It's also going to matter that it's on more platforms. Last console MGS was exclusive to 1 platform and it sold over 6 million.

MajorTom

If only Final Fantasy was the bigger name these days with it's first expansion for XIV coming out in June. At least for me, that's my purchase for June. Batman later when the Holiday deals start kicking in.
I've always wanted to like final fantasy but I just can't get into it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom