• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lernaean

Banned
The lesser game would sell better anyway. It's the nature of things when the majority of the userbase is comprised of scrubs.

Mexen

Too many soldiers are attacking you, call in a Frog buddy. Command to "Eat this!", and throw a grenade at it. It eats it and blows up killing surrounding guards.

Never forget frog-bro ;_;

Man goes in coma for 9 years, forgets his russian, but can communicate with frogs.

Shy

Beta for MGO? No? Okay.

*cries in the corner*
Yeah. :_:
I heard that if you score a jackpot in Konami slot machines in Japan you get the MGO beta key
Ohhh you.
Today is May 2nd.

Only 4 more months!

122 more days until midnight on Monday August 31st!

I'll be Sneaking Out to pick up the Collectors Edition.

I'll be sad and happy at the same time...

What edition has everyone here preordered?
Japanese PS4 premium edition.
UK PS4 Standard edition.
PC edition.
Hello, MGS-Gaf! This is my first time posting in here. Is there any news about the head transplant doctor? Last thing I heard was that he was to be interviewed on Italian TV about the whole MGS conspiracy theory. Has it been documented how that turned out?

I apologize in advance if this should be a taboo subject after how the last two threads about the topic turned out.
Please don't ban me!
Welcome new brother. hope you have a great weekend.
What's all this talk about there not being an MGO beta?

Is Konami really pulling the plug on their game business?
No beta.(that we know of) and yes.
Unfortunately, you're going to see the other big Japanese publishers also move away from console/handheld games, to mobile and gambling.
Who cares about MGO at this point?
Deep inside we all know there won't be any MGO support after launch.
There will be, until December, when everyone at Kojipro contract ends
i guess your right Major Tom

he might regret adding LET and making Snake a clone

but it's too established in the canon..that he can't change/retcon it

is this right?
It's not that he might, he's said in interviews that he regrets the clone aspect, and if he knew that he was going to be making a sequel he wouldn't of done it.
I read somewhere that all the recent happenings with Konami hinted at the possibility of them focusing on all their other businesses.
That is correct.
The original Carnival of the Stupid wasn't it?
0AJNZsk.jpg

do you guys think its possible for MGS V:TPP to have the same emotional impact that TLOU had...?
That answer is going to depend on the person.

Rajang

PlatinumGames, Capcom action games, MGS (duh), FROM ARPGs, STGs, you know, games with actual gameplay.

Come on, TLoU had alot of gameplay. It's one of the main reasons I replayed the game many times. Most cutscenes were never longer than 1.5 minutes. MGS4 on the other hand was a total mess with bloated cutscenes (some up to 27 minutes) that added almost nothing to the plot.

Lernaean

Banned
Guys let it go. I know that TLoU defence force is too stronk, but you really wanna talk about the non existent AI? The fact that you carry a second person and no one cares? The fact that dead bodies lying in plain sight but no one cares? The continuously repeating encounters? The uninteresting and barebones stealth? The uninteresting and barebones gunplay?

The only cool thing about TLoU is that it managed to be a far more interesting game than UC. And that it was quite the spectacle ofc, but that has nothing to do with the gameplay.

I can go for hours, it's up to you if you wanna keep going, i only have to remind you that this is the MGS community thread and not the ND defence thread.

MajorTom

Guys let it go. I know that TLoU defence force is too stronk, but you really wanna talk about the non existent AI? The fact that you carry a second person and no one cares? The fact that dead bodies lying in plain sight but no one cares? The continuously repeating encounters? The uninteresting and barebones stealth? The uninteresting and barebones gunplay?

The only cool thing about TLoU is that it managed to be a far more interesting game than UC. And that it was quite the spectacle ofc, but that has nothing to do with the gameplay.

I can go for hours, it's up to you if you wanna keep going, i only have to remind you that this is the MGS community thread and not the ND defence thread.
I also really like Uncharted....

Lernaean

Banned
Have you played any MGS games? lol

That 'lol' in the end if your sentence doesn't give your post any gravity. Quite the opposite.
FYI, i have, and i can bet i have spent more hours in all of them than most have spent in all the games they have played.

I also really like Uncharted....

I really am quitting the ND discussion. I don't wanna keep it going just because Marcus dragged the discussion there with another one of his off topic questions. Just stick to MGS.

LowParry

That 'lol' in the end if your sentence doesn't give your post any gravity. Quite the opposite.
FYI, i have, and i can bet i have spent more hours in all of them than most have spent in all the games they have played.

Eeesh so the lame just showed up to the party. No fun allowed apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom