• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

I hope i didn't come across as being rude, i'm sorry if i did.

Nah, no worries. It's just that there's nothing else to talk about right now so why not laugh a bit at their theories :D. And honestly nobody will give them any attention once the game is out anyway.

I dreamed once that I played The Last Guardian and tears of happiness were running down my face. It was breathtakingly beautifull, the sound, the graphics, the atmosphere!
I bought PS3 to play it and still waiting :(

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I had a dream that one day this thread will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all posters are created equal. Except Cipher Cat."

I have a dream that one day on the comfortable hills of our own sofas, the sons of Team A and the Sons of Team B will be able to sit down together, matchmaking in MGO3, without squabbling about ridiculous theories like Chico is Quiet or Big Boss is Gray Fox or David Hayter will be voicing Solid Snake again.

I have a dream that one day even Konami, a company sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice for KojiPro.

That dream is September 1st.

Something like having a max number of slots in-game but you can customise what those commands are because as your relationship changes/grows, more become available to you.

I think it'll always be 3 at once but you'll get more context sensitive options, like for when you're aiming at an object or enemy, or holding a grenade like we've seen with Quiet.

I had a dream that one day this thread will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all posters are created equal. Except Cipher Cat."

I have a dream that one day on the comfortable hills of our own sofas, the sons of Team A and the Sons of Team B will be able to sit down together, matchmaking in MGO3, without squabbling about ridiculous theories like Chico is Quiet or Big Boss is Gray Fox or David Hayter will be voicing Solid Snake again.

I have a dream that one day even Konami, a company sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice for KojiPro.

That dream is September 1st.
1dJwYP.gif

Hypron

I'm currently trying to get through the oil rig fence in MGS2 on extreme and it's absolutely INFURIATING. God the aim in this game sucks balls.

I just needed to vent a bit...

Let's get back to it D:

Edit: Just passed it. Yeah I'm never playing through this again.

Houndi101

I'm currently trying to get through the oil rig fence in MGS2 on extreme and it's absolutely INFURIATING. God the aim in this game sucks balls.

I just needed to vent a bit...

Let's get back to it D:

Edit: Just passed it. Yeah I'm never playing through this again.

Lucky you, I was about to tell you to buy this

k0t69.jpg

Just a heads up/reminder that 3Dogg, uKnightmare, and Drk29 (uKnighted on TwitchTV) are doing a 100+ hour Complete MGS story marathon starting at 10am PST/1pm EST/5pm GMT!

https://twitter.com/OHN_3/status/603195664894275585

If you're new to the community and have some free time, you should check them out. They always make the playthroughs interesting with great commentary and will most likely show you something you've never seen before in each of the games.

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

:(

CGKimmBWcAAMQRb.jpg:large

"That is not the boxart for the game. In fact, it says "Pre-order Now" on the back and the "FOX Engine" logo is also missing on the front. The engine is owned by Konami and they have no reason not to put it there. So that's a promo box art and not the one that will be at retail. I believe they only show the title of the game and some screens for promos disregarding logos and whatnot. Notice how there is no synopsis in the back? That's 100% not the boxart at retail." - Batzi

Dawg

It's been one month since I started working for the government, bros. Still loving it. Still learning. Still passionate. And, of course...

CGLxsW3WwAAf5IW.jpg:large

Rajang

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME

:(

CGKimmBWcAAMQRb.jpg:large

From the General:

That is not the boxart for the game. In fact, it says "Pre-order Now" on the back and the "FOX Engine" logo is also missing on the front. The engine is owned by Konami and they have no reason not to put it there. So that's a promo box art and not the one that will be at retail. I believe they only show the title of the game and some screens for promos disregarding logos and whatnot.

Edit: ninja'd

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"That is not the boxart for the game. In fact, it says "Pre-order Now" on the back and the "FOX Engine" logo is also missing on the front. The engine is owned by Konami and they have no reason not to put it there. So that's a promo box art and not the one that will be at retail. I believe they only show the title of the game and some screens for promos disregarding logos and whatnot. Notice how there is no synopsis in the back? That's 100% not the boxart at retail." - Batzi

You guys don't understand. I know this is not the final retail print.

My point is all newly printed marketing stuff like posters or this pre-order thingys don't have the "A Hideo Kojima Game" tag on it anymore and so the final boxart we will have in our hands won't have it either. The KojiPro and Fox engine logo will most likely be at the back of the final boxart.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
FOXHOUND babies

I also expect Raven since Naomi said he joined Outer Heaven and Wolf since that's around the time when BB rescues her from the battlefield to show up. Meaning only Decoy Octopus is left.
MAYBE WE WERE PLAYING AS OCTOPUS ALL THE TIME!

Kindekuma

Banned
It poses nice, but the right arm pops out of the socket almost stupid easy and can be very annoying. Here's Snake reading his iDroid, on an iDroid!

Wfc5dKj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom