• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Xater

I'm also having problem with the search process just going on for forever.

Booh..

Ahh no problem. Haven't people learned from all the thousand of other launches of MP portions of games. Theres ALWAYS problems at the first with the huge influx of players at one time. Just take a break, go outside, enjoy life, and then comeback when it's all going smoothly.

Automatch isn't working for me at all. It's easier to get into a game by just searching through the matches and finding one that's empty.

wiibomb

Quick question: If I have a region 2 disc, can I download the MGO file from the NA PSstore? It worked with transferring my GZ save.

I wonder this too since I'm using the french disc with my US account, wonder if the DLC will work with it too

Hjod

Banned
So is anyone a member of the MGO community on PS4? The gaf one that is, I'd like to join but can't search for communitys as far as I know.

Pls respond.

And if the host can Insta kick, you know how that is going to go.

Add me on PSN if you want to play, PSNid: Hjod

It's not TDM. The entire point is to get fultons to win. Except nobody is bothering because no room for non lethal to shine with headshots.
No, it's TDM. The point of the mode is to exhaust the enemy's tickets, the bounty and fulton systems just adds an extra layer to it, you're still supposed to take out dudes.

Toa TAK

Banned
Finished a game on the One. It was awesome. I didn't have to customize or create a new character, as it just pulled me from the Single Player, which is nice considering I was just going to use that anyways.

Walker Gears are scary, but playing Comms on Camp Omega is beastly. Also not having any issues finding a game so far...

Mrfb17

Neo Member
I swear every game is full even like 9/16 when they appear in the list, then I make a game and no one....best part too, you can't quit from the lobby so you have to quit the application -_-

Icefire1424

The damage is just so high, realy ruining the online.

I'll give it a couple weeks to see how things balance out since every pleb is running around in the open getting killed, but right now non lethal seems impossible to compete against lethal, since a good headshot is pointless against the body shot damage from lethal weapons.

Might just be me, but I very much prefer the high damage output. Running out in the open should result with a person getting killed. Prefer the realism to bullet sponges any day.

Z3M0G

Do we know if when you interrogate someone, to reveal enemy locations, are they revealed only for you, or your entire team?

NeoGiff

Got my scout up to level 10, then made a female enforcer for when I come back to it later. It's pretty fun, although the walker gears can be annoying

Mrfb17

Neo Member
Do we know if when you interrogate someone, to reveal enemy locations, are they revealed only for you, or your entire team?

Entire team I believe, that's why it's so useful. Altho I don't know how you 'spot' individual guys as holding L1 brings up commands but that seems iffy to have to do that everytime to spot someone

Hystzen

Only thing pisses me off is team mates shooting people you are clearly using a Fulton on. Even have pricks shooting your balloons just so they can kill themseleves. When the idiots realise that Fulton gets wayyy more points hopefully stop. I expect first few weeks just be scrubs who just want shoot people it eventually even out to people using stealth and abilities in future.

SomTervo

The damage is just so high, realy ruining the online.

I'll give it a couple weeks to see how things balance out since every pleb is running around in the open getting killed, but right now non lethal seems impossible to compete against lethal, since a good headshot is pointless against the body shot damage from lethal weapons.

Played a few matches of Bounty Hunter and seen 3 fultons only, 2 by me. CQC takedowns.

I really didn't like MGO2's damage output, so this is music to my ears.

This should make people play far more conservatively and safely in the long term, like Counter Strike. Which is the direction MGO should go, via it's own idiosyncratic means.

Hjod

Banned
PS4 people, if you can find it, join the "MGO NeoGAF" community. There are only 8 members so far.

You can't search for Communitys. But search my PSNid Hjod and look under my communitys and you'll find it.

Holy shit, It's almost impossible joining a game, it's either full or it can't be found. I want to play now! Guess I'll have to wait.

BadHand

You can't search for Communitys. But search my PSNid Hjod and look under my communitys and you'll find it.

Holy shit, It's almost impossible joining a game, it's either full or it can't be found. I want to play now! Guess I'll have to wait.

Thanks, I joined too.

Mrfb17

Neo Member
I'm part of the community too - Mrfb17 if you want to add me. One of us should just create a seriver and go from there. If people want to add me I could create a game

Yushi

i am somwhat happy im at work while PSN NA doesnt have MGO up. Waitting for someone here to confirm when its up...then ill get excited :D

Do custom games give you actual XP? Because earlier we had our own room and after each match I would level up only to be level 1 in the lobby again.

NeoGiff

I have to say... the launch of MGO has been far more successful than I expected. Yes, there were a few occasions when I couldn't join a match, but overall it has been really smooth.

Once you're in a lobby (preferably hosting), you're essentially home free.

Diablos54

Why is every game either full or cannot be found? So annoying, and auto search does fuck all either...

Edit: and then auto search actually works?! Either that or the game likes to make me stare at a black scene

gossi

Why is every game either full or cannot be found? So annoying, and auto search does fuck all either...

Edit: and then auto search actually works?! Either that or the game likes to make me stare at a black scene

What platform? As far as I can see this doesn't impact Xbox One.

Reule

I have to say... the launch of MGO has been far more successful than I expected. Yes, there were a few occasions when I couldn't join a match, but overall it has been really smooth.

Once you're in a lobby (preferably hosting), you're essentially home free.
Wait till us Americans come in and fuck everything up with our traffic. :)

Gawsh, I just want to play.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Hey guys. I didnt read the whole thread .

I downloaded the patch 1.04 . Its says MGS online released. But i cant seem to download it in game or Store. im getting an error. Anyone having this problem ?????

My Account is in US region. & on PS4

Top Bottom