• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Reule

So what is/was the deal with those of us with NA CE copies and the MGO content? Last time I checked we had just gotten a super code with all of the SP DLC but nothing for online.

Hystzen

Oh awesome BGM select ohhhh MGR set....only has one song

That is not a set

Edit. Hahahahaha all sets only play one song

J4g3r

Still have yet to be able to join a game, sigh...

Either it's the match is full or the match I'm trying to join cannot be found.

NZerker12

I've made a party in the MGO GAF Community, anyone can join.

If you want to join the community just search for my ID nbigboyc12 and join the community.

Anyone else experiencing this?

OEJ9Qr5.jpg

Uploaded it to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSg7Fyc4VU

Oh awesome BGM select ohhhh MGR set....only has one song

That is not a set

Edit. Hahahahaha all sets only play one song
It's not only one song, it's one song for "normal" moments and one song for "dramatic" moments like normal C&D play and when people get revealed/disc is captured

Damn this manual searching, 90% of matches found are 1/16 players, the other 10% are 15/16 or 11/12 and full even if you click to join ASAP.

Zareka

Crap, I just picked the CQC class during the tutorial thinking I'd get to edit my character afterwards but now I realise I'm stuck with my SP avatar.

Does this mean I'm forever stuck with only 2 classes if I want to make another avatar my CQC class later?

Reule

Crap, I just picked the CQC class during the tutorial thinking I'd get to edit my character afterwards but now I realise I'm stuck with my SP avatar.

Does this mean I'm forever stuck with only 2 classes if I want to make another avatar my CQC class later?
Seems that way until Konami decides to charge you for more character slots. I don't want to play Enforcer or Scout out of the gate but I want a female Infiltrator.

Zareka

Seems that way until Konami decides to charge you for more character slots. I don't want to play Enforcer or Scout out of the gate but I want a female Infiltrator.

That's exactly what I was trying to do but it's lumped me with my male avatar. Now he's locked into my infiltrator slot when I was gonna make him scout. Fantastic.

Lettuce

Errrr how do you make a Female character, it says you can only edit your character in the single player game and that only has Male avatars???

13randO

Errrr how do you make a Female character, it says you can only edit your character in the single player game and that only has Male avatars???

You gotta level up to level 6 and create a new character. You gotta use your avatar off the beginning, at least from what I read earlier.

Reule

That's exactly what I was trying to do but it's lumped me with my male avatar. Now he's locked into my infiltrator slot when I was gonna make him scout. Fantastic.
Sorry. I would say that maybe they'll give you the ability to change classes later via an update but then it's more likely they'd want to add another incentive to buy slots later.

I actually thought about just having two Infiltrators and one of the other classes.

Hjod

Banned
PS4 users, join the MGO Community. It's called "MGO NeoGAF". To find it, search for my PSN, "Spiffy_Giffy". Once you're in, it might be a good idea to add all of the other members to your friends list. This way, we can easily have someone constantly hosting and inviting everyone else who's online.

If you're hosting, create a session as usual. If you want, create a password, and then share it in the community. When you're in the lobby, hold the left side of the touchpad for a second, and a menu will come up allowing you to invite friends. That's all there is to it.

This is how you join MGO GAF on PS4

Zareka

Sorry. I would say that maybe they'll give you the ability to change classes later via an update but then it's more likely they'd want to add another incentive to buy slots later.

I actually thought about just having two Infiltrators and one of the other classes.

I'll probably end up doing just that. I'm not all that interested in a heavy class, so infiltrator/scout combo should be good enough. It's just a bit annoying that I'll have a copy.

Then again, I can't even find a match to level up and unlock other character slots. ;_;

You gotta level up to level 6 and create a new character. You gotta use your avatar off the beginning, at least from what I read earlier.

Didn't they say the patch would let us make female avatars? If thats ONLY for MGO then fuuuuuuuck I don't want to wait till January for that :\

The Missing Link? Nope, The Missing Game. Joined two games hours ago but now it's searching forever, damn!

A shame because it's really fun...

Top Bottom