• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

NeoGiff

PS4 users, join the MGO Community. It's called "MGO NeoGAF". To find it, search for my PSN, "Spiffy_Giffy". Once you're in, it might be a good idea to add all of the other members to your friends list. This way, we can easily have someone constantly hosting and inviting everyone else who's online.

If you're hosting, create a session as usual. If you want, create a password, and then share it in the community. When you're in the lobby, hold the left side of the touchpad for a second, and a menu will come up allowing you to invite friends. That's all there is to it.

Twookie

Hey guys. I didnt read the whole thread .

I downloaded the patch 1.04 . Its says MGS online released. But i cant seem to download it in game or Store. im getting an error. Anyone having this problem ?????

My Account is in US region. & on PS4

It's not out yet in the us

Hystzen

Bahhaha oh man this game is so un balanced and buggy. Have a guy in choke hold then interrogated him you instantly release him out choke hold when interrogation is done no matter how much hold down R2 button.Instant turn round and shotgun to face.

D-walkers just run around mowing down everything

Use teddy to trap people then casually walk up and shotgun because they can be locked for whole match in same spot with love hearts above them.

Grabbing dead people in choke holds

What a great launch better then past MGO games so one step forward

Grady

Bahhaha oh man this game is so un balanced and buggy. Have a guy in choke hold then interrogated him you instantly release him out choke hold when interrogation is done no matter how much hold down R2 button.Instant turn round and shotgun to face.

Use teddy to trap people then casually walk up and shotgun because they can be locked for whole match in same spot with love hearts above them.

This makes me want it play it even more. Maybe get some laughs out of it if nothing else.

I like when you CQC a guy, then after he is laying on the floor knocked out, you get CQCed by him.

Xater

I like when you CQC a guy, then after he is laying on the floor knocked out, you get CQCed by him.

I also had instances of CQC just plain not working. Two attempts and it didn't work. The the other guy notices me and I get CQC'ed. There is some real jank here.

Ducktail

Wait a second, so there are no dedicated servers? The host can kick you?

Goddamn Konami, after the fucking disaster MGO2 was ....you never learn, do you?

Automatch seems broken for now, search manually, you'll find a lot of games saying full after you try and join, just keep trying games or pick emptier ones.

Z3M0G

Entire team I believe, that's why it's so useful. Altho I don't know how you 'spot' individual guys as holding L1 brings up commands but that seems iffy to have to do that everytime to spot someone

My favorite thing to do in the previous MGO was to grab guys and stick them with the syringe that would reveal enemy locations... but it would only reveal to me I believe.

I can't WAIT for this!

Wouldn't you "spot" using R1 binoculars like you do in main game? That would only spot for yourself, I assume... and I assume only for a few seconds, otherwise it would be way OP.

Hystzen

My favorite thing to do in the previous MGO was to grab guys and stick them with the syringe that would reveal enemy locations... but it would only reveal to me I believe.

I can't WAIT for this!

Wouldn't you "spot" using R1 binoculars like you do in main game?

Spotting works but takes forever to actually mark somebody usually they behind a rock before marking finishes and then the counter for marking is reset so it pointless mechanic.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just remember MGO2 worked fine on day one, it wasn't even delayed.
MGO was there day one but it didnt work fine at all.

Can I play it without having play the solo game ? Just finished Gz yet why I start tpp it goes on solo straight
You might have to play the first mission or something.

f@luS

More than a member.
Can I play it without having play the solo game ? Just finished Gz yet why I start tpp it goes on solo straight

gossi

For those wondering, some technical limitations:

- It is all peer to peer. If the host – you don’t know who that is – goes offline, the game boots you out.
- You loose all XP gains in this process.
- The host can boot any player at any time.

Z3M0G

- It is all peer to peer. If the host – you don’t know who that is – goes offline, the game boots you out.

+ Game will remain playable if servers are taken down in a few years?

I can't seem to get into any games yet, I keep getting network error's.
Is anyone else getting weird texture issues in the MGO free roam stuff? All the textures are grey and flat, I can't tell if it's intentional or not.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
+ Game will remain playable if servers are taken down in a few years?
It could be, im sure it currently uses a Matchmaking server though.

It's P2P so Konami/KojiPRO saves up some GMP on server infrastructure.

YoodlePro

I can't seem to get into any games yet, I keep getting network error's.
Is anyone else getting weird texture issues in the MGO free roam stuff? All the textures are grey and flat, I can't tell if it's intentional or not.
Getting network errors as well. Everything else is fine

GHound

Not even going to bother downloading until all this garbage in particular is dealt with. P2P in itself, while garbage, isn't cancerous. Not having a migration system is. Losing all experience is. Hosts being able to boot anyone without even a vote? Fuck that.

Sora_N

I remember MGS4 wasn't free or was it? I didn't have a PS3 until the servers died so never played it.

Is this free? (As long as you have the game?)

packy34

There was also a beta! Could've solved a lot of issues if we had one with this.

Eh, debatable. MGS4 sold around 6 million copies and last numbers we've heard for MGSV is 3 million shipped across all platforms.

EDIT: replied to wrong post.

PreFire

Wow.. I'm scared to even download this when it's available. So many oversights on Konami's behalf

Host leaves and everyone gets booted? What is this 1995? Ever heard of host migration? The fuck?

Also dumb the host can kick anyone. Kill him/her a lot and they can kick you just because.

Damn man.. Konami sucks

God dammit. I've been so hopeful for this too.

Top Bottom