• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Okay well it's still a ghetto compared to the MGS4 thread, but its home. This will be our new place for MGO discussion, moving away from the mostly hijacked but sent to die MGO beta thread that's served us for so long.

ultimate GAF/PSN/MGO list care of Ilparazzo

MGO News
July 17th
July 4th – Team Sneak mode added, Headshot only server option added, Rat title bug fixed

Killthee MGO 24 hour Newsnet and Helpline

NeoGAF MGO NA Servers
Please if you are going to host a room for us please use Mei Ling

animatedkero_status.gif

MGO Clan(s):
North America
NeoGAF:Closed/full. If you apply you will get rejected, saving space - top secret
NeoGaf:FoxUnit Closed/full
NeoGAF:FrogUnit the slightly casual/competitive one is NOW ACCEPTING

Europe
NeoGAF:BeeUnit (temporarily?) closed
NeoGAF:WaspUnit NOW ACCEPTING

MGO community page
Click the following link for your region to login and access your MGO stats online, can also check your in-game mail.
MGO community page - NA
MGO community page - EU
MGO community page - Japan

MGO Titles
As you play MGO and accomplish various tasks you'll earn a small symbol next to your name. Here's a list of what they are and what to do to get them.

Fox Hound – A living legend

Fox – The best of the best

Doberman – A top-class soldier

Hound – A superior soldier

Water Bear – High survival rate

Eagle - Headshot Master

Bee - Scanning Master

Flying Squirrel - rolls a lot

Sloth - headshotted a lot

Shark - knife mastery

Crocodile - high kill count

Snake - prefers sneaking missions

Kerotan - prefers capture missions

Tortoise - Uses Box alot

Pidgeon - Prefers not to kill

Chameleon - Prefers TeamSneaking rules

Night Owl - Often wears ENVG

Chicken - Rarely participates in battle

Tsuchinoko - Rarely plays.

Maps

Ambush Alley
ambush_alley125.jpg

Lots of dark hiding spots in this map, with broken walls and side entrances and windows to many of the buildings lining either side of the map - you are truly never safe inside. Often someone on the walkways above to look out for, or a sniper at either end of the street.

Blood Bath
map.bb156.jpg

A map we got to play during the beta, lots of nooks and crannies to hide in. Always someone on the walkways above to watch out for, or someone hiding on the stairs from the underground waiting to stun knife you.

Gronznyj Grad
map.gg964.jpg

The other map we got to play during the beta. Have to look out for people up high in the guard towers or ontop of buildings. Also has a couple of Man Canons

Midtown Maelstrom
map.mm128.jpg

Lots of small alleyways between buildings let you sneak up on the snipers that setup at either end of the main road. Also has a few buildings you can wander through and hide in.

Urban Ultimatum
map.uu312.jpg

Another map with a man cannon, it can launch you onto the tall building above the Blue spawn or the Red spawn. Both buildings make a great sniping position, with a pretty good look into each opposing spawn. Dropping a magazine at the top of a ladder might be a bit of a help, but there's still many ways up to get up each, you also stick out like a sore thumb.

CQC Tutorial and video (Thanks to Captain N for the awesome guide and links!)

Throw Down
Hold any direction and press R1

Grab

Hold R1

Disarm Enemy
Release R1 then press R1 once more

Drag
Move around while holding R1

Choke
Hold R1 firmly

Throw Down after Grab

Ground Choke
Press X to crouch
Release R1 and immediately hold forward and R1

Enemy Shield (after Grab)
Press L1 to enter over-the-shoulder view

Throat Slash (after Grab)
Press Triangle

Press Triangle

Gametrailer's CQC Guide (SD) - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35160.html
Gametrailer's CQC Guide (HD) - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35159.html

Anything I missed or should add?

Teknoman

I'd say use the Gametrailers CQC guide (that should cover both SP and MP). Also there needs to be a NeoGAF Bee Unit and Shark Unit :lol

If the limit is still 64 players there will probably be 4-5 neogaf clans. During the beta alone, there were 3 clans. We should have all the clans have a (insert animal) Unit title right off the bat, instead of having the first one just be "NeoGAF." Just so they all match.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
I'd say use the Gametrailers CQC guide (that should cover both SP and MP). Also there needs to be a NeoGAF Bee Unit and Shark Unit :lol
Shark would be my greatest fear. I'm just glad Linkzg is still doing single player :lol

akachan ningen said:
If the limit is still 64 players there will probably be 4-5 neogaf clans. During the beta alone, there were 3 clans. We should have all the clans have a (insert animal) Unit title right off the bat, instead of having the first one just be "NeoGAF." Just so they all match.
Well I was leaning towards a vanilla "NeoGAF" but suggestions would be good, whoever makes the last clan should be Sloth Unit.

Sweet. I'm not playing MGO until I finish with the campaign but I'm looking forward to it. Had a blast with the beta and nothing has filled my sneaking void until now.

Nozdeuce said:
Well I was leaning towards a vanilla "NeoGAF"

Last time there was neogaf: fox unit and neogaf: frog unit, so those should be reinstated, espeially since they already have great icons. :D

If you wanna start one now, use the fox unit. I'll probably restart the frogs after that one fills up.

Nozdeuce

akachan ningen said:
Last time there was neogaf: fox unit and neogaf: frog unit, so those should be reinstated, espeially since they already have great icons. :D

If you wanna start one now, use the fox unit. I'll probably restart the frogs after that one fills up.
:D Yeah I was vanilla NeoGAF leader for beta, I think the Fox leader also wants to recreate it too. BTW you need 20 hours played and be level 3 to make a clan, I still have like 6 hours to go I think.

Captain N

--------------------------------------------------
CQC Guide
--------------------------------------------------

Throw Down

Grab
Hold R1

Disarm Enemy
Release R1 then press R1 once more

Drag
Move around while holding R1

Choke
Hold R1 firmly

Throw Down after Grab

Ground Choke
Press X to crouch
Release R1 and immediately hold forward and R1

Enemy Shield (after Grab)
Press L1 to enter over-the-shoulder view

Press Triangle

Nozdeuce said:
:D Yeah I was vanilla NeoGAF leader for beta, I think the Fox leader also wants to recreate it too. BTW you need 20 hours played and be level 3 to make a clan, I still have like 6 hours to go I think.

Are you gonna choose a unit title? Or are you going to let neogaf be mismatched? No pressure, but we'll become the laughing stock of forum clans. :D

Nozdeuce

Captain N said:
Awesome guide
Thanks Captain, adding it to the OP

LiquidMetal14 said:
No 40 post OP .....................FAIL_____j/k. I'm gonna beat it then tackle MGO.
Old. I totally made that joke already :(

akachan ningen said:
Are you gonna choose a unit title? Or are you going to let neogaf be mismatched? No pressure, but we'll become the laughing stock of forum clans. :D
Like during the Beta when NeoGAF was the topped ranked clan? :lol

Ephemeris

akachan ningen said:

Fox Unit FTW o_O

Haven't been playing MGO much (Single player and all that) but if the Fox Unit is to be made first, you gotta leave a slot open for me. It's only right! :lol

Ephemeris said:
Fox Unit FTW o_O

Haven't been playing MGO much (Single player and all that) but if the Fox Unit is to be made first, you gotta leave a slot open for me. It's only right! :lol

Don't you mean Frog? That was the one I made and you abandoned for the fox unit. :lol

Nozdeuce

I like how in the awards history it lists 500 total deaths and then jack all for 500 headshots :lol

Teknoman

Damn it! My MGS4 Bluetooth set is defective, my old Jabra's charger is busted, and my USB logitech doesnt work right with my PS3.

Seriously wtf technology, what did I do to you?

Anyway maybe Noz's (the one i'll probably join since that was my beta squad) should be NeoGAF Viper Unit? Cobra Unit? Either way we'll need a good "pixel artist" to make the animal icon+ GAF color scheme.

If you cant do so and you are the leader, you can still give emblem rights to another member, and have them design/submit the emblem.

EDIT: Still remember that epic Kojipro battle in Midtown.

Darkpen

Banned
they did not fix that fucking respawn glitch problem >_< ARGH

I assume its related to having a laggy connection or something, but fuck is it annoying.

Ephemeris

akachan ningen said:
Don't you mean Frog? That was the one I made and you abandoned for the fox unit. :lol

o_O?

I made the Fox Unit after the NeoGAF clan was full. Infact, I remember naming it FOXUnit simply because "FOX Unit" wasn't allowed.

I do remember "borrowing" a Frog Unit member for the Kojipro battle but alas, our entry was too late...

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Damn it! My MGS4 Bluetooth set is defective, my old Jabra's charger is busted, and my USB logitech doesnt work right with my PS3.

Seriously wtf technology, what did I do to you?

Anyway maybe Noz's (the one i'll probably join since that was my beta squad) should be NeoGAF Viper Unit? Cobra Unit? Either way we'll need a good "pixel artist" to make the animal icon+ GAF color scheme.

If you cant do so and you are the leader, you can still give emblem rights to another member, and have them design/submit the emblem.

EDIT: Still remember that epic Kojipro battle in Midtown.
We're totally sniping Darkpen for our logo.. he better be ready when the time comes :D

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
That and he's a kick ass tactician.
Even better, god knows me and my disturbingly visible UU roof camping doesn't say much for me :lol

Ephemeris said:
o_O?

I made the Fox Unit after the NeoGAF clan was full. Infact, I remember naming it FOXUnit simply because "FOX Unit" wasn't allowed.

I do remember "borrowing" a Frog Unit member for the Kojipro battle but alas, our entry was too late...

Oh I it wasn't you, I got thrown off by the avatar.

Nozdeuce

Captain N said:
I can't wait to get enough hours in to start up a clan. I'd love to start the Shark clan.
So long as you stop being racist and update your OP with Ephemeris and I MGO beta clan leaders am cry :(

I took picture with the camera. You can use Print screen on Keyboard as well. or turn on second controller and use R1 to take picture. ;o

Hard to take a picture unless you use your foot or a friend do it :lol

Playing dead

UrbanUltimatum_1.jpg

2 Seconds later: I am dead

UrbanUltimatum_2.jpg

Random people in front of me xD

UrbanUltimatum.jpg

Nozdeuce

Linkzg said:
Is there any way to change the clothing on your character?
You might have to hit circle once or twice but eventually it's under personal data.

Nozdeuce said:
You might have to hit circle once or twice but eventually it's under personal data.

I know you can take off and put back on parts of your clothing, but i'm talking about swapping my green shirt for a black t-shirt. Can you do that at all? in the beta you couldn't and I can't find a way to in this final version.

Nozdeuce

Linkzg said:
I know you can take off and put back on parts of your clothing, but i'm talking about swapping my green shirt for a black t-shirt. Can you do that at all? in the beta you couldn't and I can't find a way to in this final version.
I'm not sure, I was able to change my headgear accessories, so in theory you should be able to. Hopefully.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So yeah... I beat MGS4 (greatest game of all time) and I just started MGO again!

MY GOD, IT FEELS SO GOOD! DARK_PEN, HOLD ME!!!!!!

Nozdeuce

Seiken said:
So yeah... I beat MGS4 (greatest game of all time) and I just started MGO again!

MY GOD, IT FEELS SO GOOD! DARK_PEN, HOLD ME!!!!!!
I think there's a chokehold just for this situation :lol

Dave1988

Linkzg said:

I think you can't.

Nozdeuce, are you just going to make a general NEOgaf clan like in the beta or break this down by region/animals? There was a fair amount of people on at all times of the night so doing it by region isn't really necessary imo.

Nozdeuce

criesofthepast said:
Nozdeuce, are you just going to make a general NEOgaf clan like in the beta or break this down by region/animals? There was a fair amount of people on at all times of the night so doing it by region isn't really necessary imo.
I dunno, we had all the different units because of the stupid 64 player limit. I was thinking of just going with plain "NeoGAF" but I'm also liking Tekno's earlier suggestions of Viper or Cobra Unit. I too am unconcerned about region, since we end up all playing together on the same servers, functionally the clan(s) are mostly to show how much better we are than everyone by wrecking their shit with math.

Nozdeuce

So what was the formatting used with the Units? NeoGaf(colon) or Neogaf(space) ?

Nozdeuce

akachan ningen said:
We should go NeoGAF:[unit] without spaces so that a lot of names can fit. Also, did you choose an animal? :p
I'm really liking Cobra :D

Top Bottom