• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Still not seeing any GAF clans pop up. Its my observation that you can be kicked for anything that kills tha game host. I got booted last night after sniping him 3 times and I saw someone get booted after placing 'too many' traps.

Cragen

BobTheFork said:
Still not seeing any GAF clans pop up. Its my observation that you can be kicked for anything that kills tha game host. I got booted last night after sniping him 3 times and I saw someone get booted after placing 'too many' traps.

I think that type of mentality amoung game hosts will never go away, which is a shame really.

Facism

really annoying issue with multiple users. Can only create one character that gets registered to your ps3. My brother has got into MGO, but has to use my character. Only option is to purchase another 'slot,' which isn't going to happen. Maybe if it was £1, not the bollocks price it is now.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Clan created. It's just called "NeoGAF" cobra was too long, send those applications. Please include your GAF name in your application if your character name isn't the same.

Nooreo

Facism said:
really annoying issue with multiple users. Can only create one character that gets registered to your ps3. My brother has got into MGO, but has to use my character. Only option is to purchase another 'slot,' which isn't going to happen. Maybe if it was £1, not the bollocks price it is now.
Yeah it does suck, what can we do? not enough people are complaining, Im really really angry at konami for making this move they could have at least put the limit to like 3 - 4 free characters. I was concerned for people who have siblings and want separate characters, but no konami is money hungry.

Nozdeuce

Nooreo said:
Is their a certain date/time were gonna have a meet up?
Ideally, we'll just always have one or two servers going. Most people are still doing single player so we're running on fumes mostly.

Nooreo

Nozdeuce said:
Ideally, we'll just always have one or two servers going. Most people are still doing single player so we're running on fumes mostly.
Oh i see, Also cant wait till the clan gets full and i hope we make it to #1 spot like the beta.

Betting my friend 15$ that ill own him in MGO. Once he gets it that is, when i tell him im in a good clan or the #1 clan he will shit brix or just say "FUCK THAT SHIT!". Either way 15$ = Mine

Nozdeuce

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
So MGO is Region-locked, huh? How exactly will us Euro Gaffers who want to be in the clan play with you US ones?
You won't be able to, you'll have to wait until someone in the EU makes a EU clan and play with them :(

Nozdeuce

The Wispy Scoundrel said:
That is ridiculous. What the hell were Konami thinking? :(
Region-locked it can get pretty laggy as is, i love it when you can't reload or switch weapons =/

Thanks to EviLore for the new thread title! :D

Kazenone said:
Yeah, the Starter Pack moniker was just a really bad marketing attempt. MGO that's included with MGS4 is the FULL game. They will be added extra DLC in the coming months too.

Question: How do you manually add friends?

Search for them in the player finder, then add them.

It really sucks that MGO is region-locked. I hope Konami see sense and unlock the servers so that people can play together like just about every other online game.

Nozdeuce

Costanza said:
Applied for the clan.

Anyone online playing now?
Got you. Most of the clan members are playing somewhere, I'm playing in some random server with average level 0's working on my CQC. Don't think we currently have a GAF server going.

Nozdeuce

Do we know if skills will still level up if you only use the base tier1? I've been using level 1 blades and runner for a few hours now and neither appears to have moved past the level 2 bar.

Costanza said:
I haven't heard a single person talk online....

Yeah, not too many talk online. One server had like 4 people, so I turned on my mic, but it couldn't connect mid game. I am already in the game right now, so I can't set it up. Next time I will.

and is anyone playing right now? i'm gonna join the neogaf clan.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
20 hours and ticking up like mad!

Best online experience I've ever had in my entire life. This + MGS4 makes it the most epic BD-disc in history.

Nice. Already got accepted in. We just need a good emblem like the one in the Beta.

We also need to save some slots open for the team who played against Kojipro in the beta. Some pro all stars would be nice for official games.

and everyone playing now is on a beginner server. Is there a neogaf game up or is everyone just started out?

I've been playing this as kind of a break from the main MGS4. How do you level up the skills? I'm currently playing in the Snake catagory, IIRC.

Also would I have to make a clan to join a game with a friend? Me and him have tried twice to play together and maybe I'm missing how to join a party or a game he's in?

I'm hoping I get the rank of eagle. Each time I play I use the sniper and get 1st or 2nd on the team with each kill being a headshot.:D

Nozdeuce

Linkzg said:
Nice. Already got accepted in. We just need a good emblem like the one in the Beta.

We also need to save some slots open for the team who played against Kojipro in the beta. Some pro all stars would be nice for official games.

and everyone playing now is on a beginner server. Is there a neogaf game up or is everyone just started out?
Most people are just starting out, and I'm hopping in and out of random level 0 games CQCing people.

I just completed my 2nd play through of the single player (will be posting the stats screen in the main thread any moment). I'm going to grab something to eat and then I'll be on the rest of the night. So app will incoming from me Noz, I have the same character name I had in the beta Jak.

Teknoman

I'll apply to this one tonight. Nice to be in the same squad names again. Now we've just gotta get Darkpen to make the logo again :lol Someone PM Pai Pai Master and tell em the same.

Also I might not be able to use voice comm for a while, at least until I get another headset.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
I'll apply to this one tonight. Nice to be in the same squad names again. Now we've just gotta get Darkpen to make the logo again :lol Someone PM Pai Pai Master and tell em the same.

Also I might not be able to use voice comm for a while, at least until I get another headset.
I PM'ed Darkpen earlier, and PaiPai is already in :D

Facism

can't wait for the EU clan to get up. Put a solid hour 30 into this just now. 146 kills, 82 deaths, 64 hs. The skills are levelling up quickly, too. Nearly at Assault + 2 after 4 hours total playtime.

Preferred the beta's weighting on level-up experience :p

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i applied. hopefully we get the same really-nice icon for the clan, it was perfect.

Top Bottom