• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
-xBerserker- said:
Actually Sunday is better for me 8 or 10 PM slot (mountain time).

I'd set up a room to gather members maybe 45 or 30 mins before 8 or 10 pm and call it NeoGAF. That work? Which time works for you guys? I'm entering regardless.
i wanna see how gafers roll >.>

im good for any time <.<

I have trouble getting headshots with the mk2, I wish I could master that.

-COOLIO- said:
i wanna see how gafers roll >.>

im good for any time <.<

Let's shoot for 10 pm tonight mountain time. Look for the room called "NeoGAF" in the tournament registration room at 9:30 MT.

Are you part of the Clan already coolio, or are you part of another one? Whats your MGO name?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
-xBerserker- said:
I have trouble getting headshots with the mk2, I wish I could master that.

Let's shoot for 10 pm tonight mountain time. Look for the room called "NeoGAF" in the tournament registration room at 9:30 MT.

Are you part of the Clan already coolio, or are you part of another one? Whats your MGO name?
mgo: COOLIO

im already in another one. so ill cya for registration at 8 30 est

RadioHeadAche said:
So, I'm thinking about buying the GENE and MEME pack for this tournament. Registration is at 11:30 EST?

Correct, see ya then.

Sorry guys, next time we'll shot for the 8 pm MT time on Sunday or do it Saturday.

That's ok. By the time we got a full team together and I tried to enter the tournament it was to late. But it was 10 mins before it started. So what is the cut off time? 15 - 20 mins before the tournament?

Beware for a user named Proditor (I think his character has a white afro and red shirt). His sole purpose, or what I assume to be, is to enter TDM and other team-based games and team kill other members. In fact, he created a clan called T.K.I. or Team Killers Incorporated. I want to report him, but Konami can't do anything unless a user is cheating, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to warn people because it's not fair to those whom only want to have fun.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
-xBerserker- said:
That's ok. By the time we got a full team together and I tried to enter the tournament it was to late. But it was 10 mins before it started. So what is the cut off time? 15 - 20 mins before the tournament?
its 10 mins exactly

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
BeautifulMemory said:
Frankly I was more excited for the male characters' new costumes than the female's
Same here. I mean a bikini is not really that practical on the battlefield ya know. :p I love the costumes from act 3! I also liked the new CQC move, really badass.

MNC

ilanna said:
Same here. I mean a bikini is not really that practical on the battlefield ya know. :p I love the costumes from act 3! I also liked the new CQC move, really badass.
Same here! They look really good and can give for some awesome costume combinations with some other gear. I really need to get some other gear other than the typical PMC vests :p The bikini actually looked plain bad, as well. No boobie physics? Nah, the bikini just looked like some flat texture on the model... 'S all I'm saying.

I desperately need to get on a GAF team. Playing MGO with stupid asses just kinda sucks, which is what I've been having to put up with all afternoon. I think I ran into a record number of respawn point killers tonight.

x, I'm going to send an invite request. :D

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
the japanese servers had 10,637 players last night

they were pretty much at capactiy :eek:

i think i might try out Jmgo for a bit

-COOLIO- said:
the japanese servers had 10,637 players last night

they were pretty much at capactiy :eek:

i think i might try out Jmgo for a bit

I don't know where I read it but I heard very good things about the Japanese MGO players. Less glitching and more teamwork!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Dunno why but the girl at the end of the trailer (the one who's doing the new CQC move) reminds me of grown-up Sunny for some reason!

I look forward to being a smooth criminal.
I also like the sweater that The Sorrow wore.
Awesome at Jason vorhees mask. Its perfect for Hazard House.
The bras and zeebra stripe camo are ugly as sin.
I hope they include the gear that the gurlokuvich soldiers from mgs2 wore in the tanker chapter.

I see the socom and vz silenced sniper rifle in the trailer.
I think the last part of the trailer means the old school sneaking mission from mgs3's mgo is returning. That map behind snake also looks like the spot where you sniped against Crying Wolf in shadow moses.

Carlisle

Trying to get back into this SCENE :)D) with the new expansion coming out. and after kz2, i'm on a huge online multiplayer trip right now so I applied to the neogaf clan. see you guys around.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
GeneralIroh said:
That map behind snake also looks like the spot where you sniped against Crying Wolf in shadow moses.
I loved that boss fight the most in MGS4, the rest were not that good imo. And of course how could I not love that map? Hope its in SCENE expansion pack but I doubt it. Maybe next one?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
GeneralIroh said:
I look forward to being a smooth criminal.
I also like the sweater that The Sorrow wore.
Awesome at Jason vorhees mask. Its perfect for Hazard House.
The bras and zeebra stripe camo are ugly as sin.
I hope they include the gear that the gurlokuvich soldiers from mgs2 wore in the tanker chapter.

I see the socom and vz silenced sniper rifle in the trailer.
I think the last part of the trailer means the old school sneaking mission from mgs3's mgo is returning. That map behind snake also looks like the spot where you sniped against Crying Wolf in shadow moses.
:OOOOOOOOO

THAT COULD TOTALLY BE IT

web01

Konami should just reclassify friendly fire into two categories CQC and all other damage.
Then they could disable friendly cqc to stop glitching while keeping the other friendly fire on which can be good for rolling into teammates stunned by smoke nades to free them ect.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Can we pre-order the new expansion yet? I want that box. :lol

Not yet, but keep an eye on this site - https://my.konami.net/mgo/

UPDATE:

Hello all – We’re happy to announce the official release date and more details about the SCENE Expansion pack for Metal Gear Online. SCENE will be available separately for $9.99 and offered as a bundle with the second MGO Expansion pack, MEME, for $14.99 as well as all three expansion packs – GENE, MEME, and SCENE, for just $17.99 on March 17, 2009 via Metal Gear Online’s in-game shop and Konami’s shop. All will be available for purchase using the PlayStation Network Wallet (as well as PayPal, in addition to the previous payment methods). The pre-order period for SCENE starts on March 10, 2009, and will run up until release date. And remember, all players who pre-order SCENE will receive the special “cardboard man” head gear for free!

ice cream

Banned
Anyone know how long that deal for all 3 expansions in one is gonna last? I've only played MGO for like 30 mins about 6 months ago, haven't played it since but i really want, just keep getting sidetracked...
Should I buy the all 3 deal, or will that deal last a bit longer so I can check out this weekend?

I just pre-ordered it too. I was looking at my purchase history. They have come out with a new expansion every 4 months, not to shabby!

07/25/2008 METAL GEAR ONLINE GENE EXPANSION
11/25/2008 METAL GEAR ONLINE PACK #2 MEME EXPANSION
03/11/2009 METAL GEAR ONLINE PACK #3 SCENE EXPANSION

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Hey guys,

I'm feeling really stupid here. I just purchased the gene/meme/scene expansion deal, but how do I download gene and meme? I'm not seeing any option to do this!

Q-bert

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Hey guys,

I'm feeling really stupid here. I just purchased the gene/meme/scene expansion deal, but how do I download gene and meme? I'm not seeing any option to do this!

They're included in the game updates. Purchasing them just unlocks them on your account.

ice cream said:
Anyone know how long that deal for all 3 expansions in one is gonna last? I've only played MGO for like 30 mins about 6 months ago, haven't played it since but i really want, just keep getting sidetracked...
Should I buy the all 3 deal, or will that deal last a bit longer so I can check out this weekend?

It's not going away. For every expansion, they've released a combo pack for people who didn't get the previous expansions.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Any tips for a beginner? I went with a shotgun as my main weapon, but got destroyed in some training matches. Not one kill. :/

Q-bert said:
They're included in the game updates. Purchasing them just unlocks them on your account.

Thanks!

Lyte Edge said:
Any tips for a beginner? I went with a shotgun as my main weapon, but got destroyed in some training matches. Not one kill. :/

Always use 3rd person view, learn to love it. Sneak around, don't stay in the open for very long. Join an instructor class to get the basics down. Do automatching so you play will people your level.

web01 said:
New expansion is awesome :D

It sure is. The new maps are amazing, all the balancing and tweaks done and the new music!

Someone has to rip some of these bgms that arent available anywhere else as theyre supreme such as an instrumental of Portable Ops Calling to the Night and MGS3: The Boss (Snake Eater instrumental).

New CQC Ex move I briefly experienced as Snake in SNE mode has convinced me to get to CQC Lvl 3 just to be able to equip it for TSNE and if anyone dares try slit my throat! Its very badass.

Top Bottom