• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance gets a surprise GOG release (%40 off r/n)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

RULES OF NATURE

5v3flm.jpg

Last edited:

Fbh

Was the PC version ever fixed?

I remember buying it on steam years ago and had to download some user made fix because the resolution was all fucked up (I don't remember exactly what it was, I think it was locking some people into like 800x600 or some other low resolution)

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I wish they would bring back Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance back on GOG.

It was on there once but for some reason it got removed probably for licensing reasons and I still regret not buying it especially when it was once $10.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
never played this what's it like? I never got into the heavy convaluted storylines after PSX2 metal gears. How does it hold up to today's games?

While MGSR isn't on the same level as Ninja Gaiden or even DMC, it's still one of the most memorable action games ever, just a joyous experience through and through due to the amazing bosses and the silly but fun-fucking-tastic OST.

One of the most video gamey games ever, shit is just amazing, just the sheer fuckery and brilliance of the 1st REX boss-fight with Rules.of.nature kicking in at the perfect moment is just...fuuuuck man, I can't , I was grinning like an idiot from ear to ear thought my playthrough(s), something which doesn't happen often.

Amazing game with good replayability - and the 2 DLCs are actually not bad at all.

aliiiiiiiiveee/10

clarky

Gold Member
I tried at least. I only supported Platinum for Scalebound.
Your a tough watch bro, that game looked like shit.

Platinum and other JP studio's like Clover and Treasure were and are the kings of gameplay.

Just thought it was an odd statement to say MGR plays average then put it in your top 3 when they have so many games that play great.

But hey we all like different shit, and like i said all good, opinions and all that.

Last edited:

tylrdiablos

The first hour of this game really pissed me off.... but as soon as the "dodge" mechanic clicked I really really enjoyed it and played it right the way through.
Pilot Ok GIF by Foo Fighters

Crayon

Just here to say this game is absolutely savage.

Especially high recommendation for people who find character action games too hard. Not that this is easy. There's stuff that's loose to play around with, and the game does a good job with feedback when you do the right thing. Not being too great at these myself, it had a feel like it was a real playground and I didn't have to do exactly what the game wanted me to do. Which in effect, makes it 'easier' aka less frustrating.

Top Bottom