• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots 2.0 |OT| Kept you waiting, huh?

Bought an original release with Sleeve and everything of MGS4 for 15 euros today.

I am happy with my purchase, but I don't think I can platinum this game. Just will play through it and enjoy my experience.

Also saw MGS HD Collection for 30 euros... so tempting.

Hydrargyrus

A lot of questions:

- 1) When you get killed, do the enemies killed still count if you continue?
- 2) Does the knife kill (cqc) count for the "bear" emblem (100 enemies with chokeholds)
- 3) Can I hold up several times the same enemie for the "gibbon" emblem?

Thanks!

A lot of questions:

- 1) When you get killed, do the enemies killed still count if you continue?
- 2) Does the knife kill (cqc) count for the "bear" emblem (100 enemies with chokeholds)
- 3) Can I hold up several times the same enemie for the "gibbon" emblem?

Thanks!

Yes, enemies killed definitely still counts after a Continue. To get the Bear emblem I'm almost positive you just have to do a CQC hold on an enemy, you don't need to kill them, but to be safe you might as well slit their throats, too. I'm also almost positive you can hold up the same enemy fifty times for Gibbon, although you might have to wait for them to put their hands down.

Hydrargyrus

Yes, enemies killed definitely still counts after a Continue. To get the Bear emblem I'm almost positive you just have to do a CQC hold on an enemy, you don't need to kill them, but to be safe you might as well slit their throats, too. I'm also almost positive you can hold up the same enemy fifty times for Gibbon, although you might have to wait for them to put their hands down.

Thanks.

I've just got the MK II, and until now, the most part of the cqc deaths have been holding R1 till the enemy dies... not even using the knife, and that was desperating.

And with the continues, I was doing some headshots it he militia zone (I'm not shooting to the militia, btw), because I didn't know if the previous headshots I've got count... because I've got killed almost always :D

FUCKING GODDAMMIT YES! Flashback Mania, after 650 flashbacks viewed! The last one was in the Act 3 Mission Briefing, where Snake says "So that's what Liquid was talking about" or something. Jeez, if I ever see another cutscene or mash another button it'll be too soon.

Now to do the microwave corridor six more times for the final trophy :|

These last grinding playthroughs really won't take that long, it's just a matter of not burning yourself out. With the stealth camo you can easily run through the whole game in two hours or so, and then it's just a matter of grinding out the appropriate number of kills, alerts and continues. As far as I can tell, the quickest ways to grind them out are (thanks to The One Who Knocks for the alerts and continues methods)

Alerts: Go through the upstairs vent from the Tank Hangar in Act 4, camp out at the point just before you drop down, and fire an unsilenced gun. Because the scarabs can't get to you the Alert will die down after about nine seconds, and as soon as it hits 'evasion' just fire another shot.

Continues: Shoot Meryl in the head at the start of the FROG fight just before the Screaming Mantis fight

Kills: The battlefield just before the Advent Palace in Act 1, militia vs. PMCs on either side of a trench. Equip the Haven camo, crouch behind the PMCs with your VSS, and eventually you'll find a spot where you can kill both of the infinitely respawning soldiers with one shot. You only need about 200 kills here, and you'll make up the rest by just using lethal weapons in all the forced fights for the rest of the game.

Now it's just a matter of not losing your mind from the soulless grind.

jimi_dini

FUCKING GODDAMMIT YES! Flashback Mania, after 650 flashbacks viewed! The last one was in the Act 3 Mission Briefing, where Snake says "So that's what Liquid was talking about" or something. Jeez, if I ever see another cutscene or mash another button it'll be too soon.

Hmmm

Just unlocked Flashback Mania in the Act 3 mission briefing. I don't know how I missed those. Alright, skipping every single cutscene from now on.

Same thing happened to me. It's a conspiracy

Hmmmm

Mr. Fix

I might have missed the Raiden flashbacks in act 4. I still have a save there, would that count? Or do I need to start a new game?

I might have missed the Raiden flashbacks in act 4. I still have a save there, would that count? Or do I need to start a new game?

It depends. You can reload your save from Rex Vs. Ray but that would require you to watch every single cutscene afterwards as well (because at that point you've only gotten all the flashbacks up to that point). It's much easier for you to simply start a New Game Plus and continue through the game (getting another emblem) until the point at which time you get the flashbacks (there is lots of flashbacks at this time so it requires you to constantly press X continuously). What is your flashback number at the end of your first playthrough?

Live Free or Die, that's absolutely confirmed as true.

Muramasa

i just finished my big boss emblem run in 4h ;_; hardest parts were the frogs in act 1 and the bike chase scene. Sometimes i wanted to throw the game out of the window, escpecially the bike chase, so random.

Mr. Fix

It depends. You can reload your save from Rex Vs. Ray but that would require you to watch every single cutscene afterwards as well (because at that point you've only gotten all the flashbacks up to that point). It's much easier for you to simply start a New Game Plus and continue through the game (getting another emblem) until the point at which time you get the flashbacks (there is lots of flashbacks at this time so it requires you to constantly press X continuously). What is your flashback number at the end of your first playthrough?

Live Free or Die, that's absolutely confirmed as true.

427 I think. The trophy guide said the number is irrelevant; it probably counts repeat flashback panels.

427 I think. The trophy guide said the number is irrelevant; it probably counts repeat flashback panels.

427 after your first playthrough? The number is irrelevant after consecutive times because repeat flashback panels, as you've mentioned, are counted but the lowest number that has been reportedly seen that grants the trophy is 269 (which means there is probably a similar amount of unique flashbacks) I believe so if you were close to that it would be easy enough to say whether or not it was just those flashbacks you were missing but with 427 it unfortunately isn't possible to narrow it down that easily.

Mr. Fix

427 after your first playthrough? The number is irrelevant after consecutive times because repeat flashback panels, as you've mentioned, are counted but the lowest number that has been reportedly seen that grants the trophy is 269 (which means there is probably a similar amount of unique flashbacks) I believe so if you were close to that it would be easy enough to say whether or not it was just those flashbacks you were missing but with 427 it unfortunately isn't possible to narrow it down that easily.

Damn. Owell, I'll be sure to pay attention to the Raiden flashback on my next playthrough.

KAOz

Short bus special
I am now the Big Boss.

2 hours and 57 minutes.

Was alot easier than I remember. Could've probably cut it shorter if I didn't mess up a bit on the Frogs in Advent Palace, right before Laughing Octopus, and a couple of low-level charged Railgun shots on Octopus.

Raven took me less than a minute though. One Hit Kill for the win! Crying Wolf aswell when you get that trick to work. And Mantis, well, Mantis was piss easy. Didn't even have to reload there. Big difference against first time.

Last boss, still makes me sad though. Probably the hardest part in the game.

That's the same one I was "missing."

And I say that because I almost missed one in the Act 2 briefing when controlling the Mk.II, so from that point on I made sure to continuously mash X while driving it during the briefings.

I am now the Big Boss.

2 hours and 57 minutes.

Was alot easier than I remember. Could've probably cut it shorter if I didn't mess up a bit on the Frogs in Advent Palace, right before Laughing Octopus, and a couple of low-level charged Railgun shots on Octopus.

Raven took me less than a minute though. One Hit Kill for the win! Crying Wolf aswell when you get that trick to work. And Mantis, well, Mantis was piss easy. Didn't even have to reload there. Big difference against first time.

Last boss, still makes me sad though. Probably the hardest part in the game.

It's weird, Mantis gave me so much trouble on my first BBE run: constantly throwing knives and teleporting to me, live frogs circling the Mantis doll, etc. This time? Done in 1min.

Ocelot is one of the hardest parts because it's so unfair.

Everything he does can guard-break you, yet you have only one slow attack that can guard-break him. His weakest attacks do more damage than your power hits. His power hits have very little start-up, incredible range, and take a shit-load of life from you... and he regens 90-75% of health during the round changes.

1st round is easy: punch, punch, kick (don't do the follow-up roundhouse), duck, repeat. You won't get hit at all.
2nd round sucks: "Take THIS!" move has incredible range in all directions and does MAJOR damage. I've been completely to his side and still been hit by it...
3rd round is BS: I still haven't seen a good strategy for this other than: "Don't get hit in the first two rounds and you'll maybe beat him."

Mr. Fix

That's the same one I was "missing."

And I say that because I almost missed one in the Act 2 briefing when controlling the Mk.II, so from that point on I made sure to continuously mash X while driving it during the briefings.

They have flashbacks while they give you control of the mk.2? Well damn, I think that may be it for me. I thought they only show them once they've taken control away from the debriefings.

Act 3 in 18 minutes. Total time is 2 hours and 4 minutes. Able to hit the left turret guy on the humvee when EVA does a U turn in the 2nd part of the chase. Spent hours on this bike chase. Smoke grenades and Solar Gun is a life saver.
No way I can mess this up unless I'm wasting too much time on Crying Wolf.

iLLmAtlc

Corpse Camo is really annoying to get.

I assume you're late ish in the game now. Two decent spots to get it is in act 4 in the last room before the boss. Just keep jumping down. This is still less than ideal though because you have to crawl through a hole to get to the room every time you continue

The second better spot is in act 5. Just jeep killing Meryl

If you're still early act 1 kill the rat patrol

Act 2 market place right at the beginning a gecko comes jumping in. Just position yourself right beside the stand it jumps on so it lands on snake and it's 1 hit death everytime

rvy

Banned
I assume you're late ish in the game now. Two decent spots to get it is in act 4 in the last room before the boss. Just keep jumping down. This is still less than ideal though because you have to crawl through a hole to get to the room every time you continue

The second better spot is in act 5. Just jeep killing Meryl

If you're still early act 1 kill the rat patrol

Act 2 market place right at the beginning a gecko comes jumping in. Just position yourself right beside the stand it jumps on so it lands on snake and it's 1 hit death everytime

I tried the falling method 4 times, but then I just got fed up with the amount of time it took. You need to watch a bunch of flashbacks when you die. Finished the game again since that post.

Another tip for anyone playing on Extreme: go to the Extras menu and download the "Metal" or "Gear" camos -- when worn, Snake takes half damage, and they don't count as a special items.

It can't be used during the bike chase, as they take away your ability to change camo; but it's a great help during the Advent Palace fight, Drebin chase, Suicide Gekkos, and Frogs/Mantis.

Is it just me or does Snake use a different color for his command vest in each act?

Yeah, it changes.

Act 1: Khaki.
Act 2: Olive.
Act 3: Black, then back to Khaki in the FMV at the end.
Act 4: Black, though it should be Grey.
Act 5: Black.

Now I'm extremely burnt out. Did 2.5 play troughs today. Only trophies left is Accuire Stealth and fucking iPod tracks. You guys make BBE sound so damn easy =(...Almost all of you getting it under 4 hours. Going to take a nice 2 day break and finish this bad boy by the end of the week. Stupid question, does beauty camo work against PMC's in the first 2 acts? I'm going to need every damn trick in the book to finish BBE.

Now I'm extremely burnt out. Did 2.5 play troughs today. Only trophies left is Accuire Stealth and fucking iPod tracks. You guys make BBE sound so damn easy =(...Almost all of you getting it under 4 hours. Going to take a nice 2 day break and finish this bad boy by the end of the week. Stupid question, does beauty camo work against PMC's in the first 2 acts? I'm going to need every damn trick in the book to finish BBE.

Follow the walkthrough on this page: http://www.youtube.com/user/DMRhythm

Myself included, I think you're the third person now to mention getting the flashback mania trophy in act 3 mission briefing. With that particular flashback as well... something weird going on here, I think...

Got my trophy after that Act 3 Briefing too, when Snake mentions Liquid.

Edit: holy crap, four people... okay, anyone missing that flashback trophy after finishing the game should really just skip straight to this scene in their second playthrough and see what happens

Synless

Play through the game again and pay particular attention to the mission briefings. I have a theory that the flashbacks don't count when watching the briefings through the main menu.

Let me know what happens.
I just wanted to pop back in and say that this man is correct, I missed one flashback in the Act 3 briefing and even though I had gone through it in the menu select and got all the flashbacks it did not register until I played though the game again and did them. Theory vindicated!

*edit* I see 4 others also got it in the same damn act 3 briefing, maybe it's a glitch.

rvy

Banned
Another tip for anyone playing on Extreme: go to the Extras menu and download the "Metal" or "Gear" camos -- when worn, Snake takes half damage, and they don't count as a special items.

It can't be used during the bike chase, as they take away your ability to change camo; but it's a great help during the Advent Palace fight, Drebin chase, Suicide Gekkos, and Frogs/Mantis.

Yeah, it changes.

Act 1: Khaki.
Act 2: Olive.
Act 3: Black, then back to Khaki in the FMV at the end.
Act 4: Black, though it should be Grey.
Act 5: Black.

That's pretty smart actually.

Not sure if I should go for the Flashbacks Trophy right now or try the BBE run and the Flashback after.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
That would be the Japanese version only.

I see. Too bad. I guess I might pick up the HD collection anyway, and just get MGS1 off PSN then.

Found some more MGS stuff on that external HDD, BTW.

1213639697628.jpg

1214155332499.jpg

1214168842556.jpg

1214268499660.jpg

old_ps2.jpg

McNum

Hmm, if I want to go for a no alerts run, even though I'm terrible at being sneaky, what would be good to be prepared with?

I might go for a Big Boss, but I think a couple of dry runs on lower difficulties would be a good plan. One for learning how to be properly sneaky and one for learning how not to kill anyone.

There are a few places that worry me a bit with the no alerts. The opening of the game, the run through the market at the end of Act 2, the Crying Wolf fight with all the Frogs, and Act 5 in general.

KAOz

Short bus special
Ocelot is one of the hardest parts because it's so unfair.

1st round is easy: punch, punch, kick (don't do the follow-up roundhouse), duck, repeat. You won't get hit at all.
2nd round sucks: "Take THIS!" move has incredible range in all directions and does MAJOR damage. I've been completely to his side and still been hit by it...
3rd round is BS: I still haven't seen a good strategy for this other than: "Don't get hit in the first two rounds and you'll maybe beat him."

Unfair? It's worse than unfair really. Plus, at times I swear he was glitching. Same in the Ray fight. The watercutter managed to hit me THROUGH undestroyed buildings. Seriously. It was basically a glitch. So fucked up.

I thought of a good 3rd round strategy. When he's got his guard up, punch with your guardbreaker and maybe some regular hits if you can get them in.
As soon as he switches stance to his "Kung-fu-Tiger-Snake" or whatever it is, back the fuck up and don't hit, or let him get close. Because he is either going to grab you, or he's going to reverse your attack and grab you. Keep moving, until he puts his guard back up.
Always look for his stance-switch.

Helped me so much.

There are a few places that worry me a bit with the no alerts. The opening of the game, the run through the market at the end of Act 2, the Crying Wolf fight with all the Frogs, and Act 5 in general.

Opening can be hard, just take your time and keep your camo index high, and movements to a minimum. Run through of the market, doesn't matter. They don't count as alerts at all. Crying Wolf, well, just use Nightvision, use a Snow Camo, always crouch walk, and tranq everyone while looking for Wolf. If you have it, use the Railgun on her instead of a sniper rifle. Act 5, download Haven Camo, use it there, and move slowly. Tranq everything.

Hmm, if I want to go for a no alerts run, even though I'm terrible at being sneaky, what would be good to be prepared with?

I might go for a Big Boss, but I think a couple of dry runs on lower difficulties would be a good plan. One for learning how to be properly sneaky and one for learning how not to kill anyone.

Excellent idea!

Anyway, for the dry no alert run the first thing I would advise is that you take your time. You won't finish quickly but stay prone almost all the time, with a significantly high camouflage percentage. You want to develop a route through each area that has the line of sight with the enemy broken as much as possible. If you've a very good memory you'll remember the location of most enemies off the top of your head and, hopefully, the route they patrol and the timing. If not, learning these pieces of information should be of high importance. Another thing you won't want to do is rely on your tranquiliser. In most instances, use of the pistol is unnecessary and it is much easier to simply avoid the enemies altogether (there is some areas when it's safer to tranquilise the enemies though, the start of Act 2 immediately comes to mind).

Honestly, if you take the game at a slower pace (for the dry run), crawl (or crouch-walk) through areas with a high camouflage percentage, take paths that avoid the enemies' cone of vision, use only the tranquiliser pistol (when necessary) and save in each area until you've perfected them you'll find that you will drastically improve. If necessary (I usually advise against actually following it exactly though) look at the walkthrough in the original post, not to follow exactly but to get some ideas of how to go through areas, how to play in general and what items to use.

As for those areas, the opening of the game is quite difficult. Up to the meeting with the Mark 2 on Extreme are the easiest areas to get caught simply because you don't have the FaceCamo. The beginning of the Red Zone isn't too bad but the areas before that can be quite frustrating.

The marketplace is pretty simple though, if you finished the previous areas with enough health (if not you can try use Rock Me Baby to increase your health to the halfway point) you can simply run down the path straight ahead, dive at the Gekko when he goes to kick you (with proper timing you'll dive through the attack), turn left to the stalls, run to the end and then dive to the Gekko's right side (it is your left) to dodge his kick.

For Crying Wolf see the area listed to that in the OP. Basically, use smoke and stun grenades to trap her if you're confident and if you're not just crawl under the truck and snipe her (this can be very time consuming depending on how lucky you get).

For Act 5, this is an area where you use the tranquiliser pistol. At the beginning you dive forward into a crawl, equip the FaceCamo and stay lying down until you've a high camo percentage. Keep crawling forward until the Frogs jump down and headshot them. Run forward again and then dive into a roll at the boxes into the middle of the alley. As the Frogs jump down, tranquilise them. Stand up, run forward and dive again at the corner with the boxes and tranquilise the enemies and then keep crawling until the enemy appears at the other end of the alley. After you tranquilise her, stand up and keep running along the left (by the big cylinders) and wall press to get around the boxes. When there is a gap with what looks like a cloth material dive roll towards it and into a prone position. Tranquilise the enemies that jump down and then crawl to the exit. To avoid the Gekkos, well, you'll have to use your own judgement. Screaming Mantis is easy, use the Saiga on lethal bullets (because you'll probably be low on V-Ring ammunition), inject yourself immediately and then ONLY shoot the mantis doll with the Saiga, don't bother with Meryl (in any stage of the fight) or the other Frog Soldiers. Finally, the Scarab Tunnel can be bypassed with a Chaff Grenade.

The worst area however is Act 3: Bike Chase. Those three sections, I can absolutely guarantee you, will cause you more problems than anywhere else and there really is no easy way to beat it.

Just, before you go for your Big Boss run (or no kill/alert Extreme run), make sure you have the following:

50 tranquiliser bullets for everything (because it won't be your second playthrough you'll be able to get the emotion ammunition too!).
50 V-Ring ammo.
4+ Chaff Grenades before you start (preferably ten), you'll get two more at the beginning of Shadow Moses but won't have enough time to get them elsewhere.
Ten Smoke Grenades (and ten of each colour too).
Ten Stun Grenades.
Solar Gun (this will make the bike chase so much easier).
25 Stun grenades and smoke grenades for the Grenade launchers (note that you probably won't even use these).
The Anti-Material Sniper Rifle.
The Militia Uniform for the Middle East (so that you can equip it and just run through the safe house).

(Note that my ammunition count is probably wrong for some items as Extreme has a lower limit for ammunition than the other difficulties and I can't remember them off by heart)

If you have all them, you're definitely good to go.

jimi_dini

4+ Chaff Grenades before you start (preferably ten), you'll get two more at the beginning of Shadow Moses but won't have enough time to get them elsewhere.

What?

the act 2 ones in the house take around 20 seconds extra.
And the ones in act 2 at the end take around oh well 2 seconds at most.

So that's a total of 6 (combined with the ones in act 4) and should be definitely enough.

McNum

I think he's just telling me how to be Batman level prepared. How many Chaff Grenades should Snake carry? One more than he'll need. Basically, having a full stock will allow me a little room for error in speed.

The big items on that list that i don't have are the Solar Gun, the Anti-Material rifle, and the Militia uniforms. I have to re-do Crying Wolf nonlethally, since it didn't save that I got the doll, and I should probably just look up the militia uniforms online so I know where to find them. I don't know where to find the Anti-Material rifle, though. I'm thinking it's for Gekkos when the Railgun charges to slowly?

Also, download all the extras and input all passwords, because, why not? Do any of those count as Special Items?

What?

the act 2 ones in the house take around 20 seconds extra.
And the ones in act 2 at the end take around oh well 2 seconds at most.

So that's a total of 6 (combined with the ones in act 4) and should be definitely enough.

It can be acquired quick, I agree but there is a much higher risk of getting caught in the Confinement Facility (or at least I think so) due to the two respawn locations, one of which is right inside that room. Likewise the one in the Marketplace leaves you open to further damage from the two Gekkos nearby. However, you are right in that if you can go for them with confidence you should do so by all means but this:

McNum said:
I think he's just telling me how to be Batman level prepared. How many Chaff Grenades should Snake carry? One more than he'll need. Basically, having a full stock will allow me a little room for error in speed.

Is basically correct. It's more to with it being the first Big Boss Emblem playthrough. It isn't absolutely necessary by any means but when you've not done one before you might as try to have as much of everything as you can beforehand, just so you don't have to spend any additional time collecting them and can take other areas slower, with more precaution (and likewise you can avoid risking additional exposure in the Confinement Facility).

Anyway,

McNum said:
The big items on that list that i don't have are the Solar Gun, the Anti-Material rifle, and the Militia uniforms. I have to re-do Crying Wolf nonlethally, since it didn't save that I got the doll, and I should probably just look up the militia uniforms online so I know where to find them. I don't know where to find the Anti-Material rifle, though. I'm thinking it's for Gekkos when the Railgun charges to slowly?

Also, download all the extras and input all passwords, because, why not? Do any of those count as Special Items?

The Middle East Militia uniform is in a locker in the safe house. It's an optional area to visit so just check all of the dead ends (so if you go the correct route, go back and visit the other ones). The South American one isn't necessary for the Big Boss playthrough (I can't think of any time where it would be necessary to put on anyway) but basically, in the very first area in Act 2 you'll need to tranquilise or kill all of the PMCs guarding the Militia. The members will all stand up and they'll open a door to arm themselves and in there is the disguise and Muna (and the Twin Barrel shotgun, I forgot to mention that above as an advisable item!).

The Anti-Material Sniper is listed as something like the MB8A2 in your inventory. It's the big sniper rifle that Johnny uses in Act 5 and is bought for Drebin for 200,000DP (or 100,000 in Act 5). You're absolutely correct in why it's needed.

As for the downloads, yeah, you should get them but I wouldn't say they're necessary. In general it's safer to just use the OctoCamo since the enemies have a much greater range on Extreme so using the camouflages can be a risk but most of the downloads are worth downloading anyway, especially the iPod Songs. For the passwords, I do agree that you should use the 1911 Custom password since that's only acquirable via the password but the others (with the exception of the scanning plug for the Bee emblem) I'd try to dissuade you from using, only so that there is still a significant reward from clearing the game with the Big Boss emblem.

McNum

I think I'll do another Naked Normal run with two objectives in mind: No alerts (via hardcore save scumming) and Crying Wolf Doll for Solar Gun. That should help a bit. Maybe go for no kills, too, a lot of the kills I have in the first run could have been avoided. The Drebin chase is murder, though, quite literally. Those powered suits and all those soldiers running around the Gekkos. Then a nice machine gun right there. Tempting.

Also, what counts as kills? I know in MGS3 that if you threw someone into a hazard, like an electric fence, it didn't count. Gekko and Scarabs are not kills, and the Beasts can be Railgunned and not count as long as I stun the Beauties. I know that much.

Then if I'm still up for a Big Boss run, I'll have a Stealth Camo run where I can restock with impunity. And really mess with the enemies for laughs. Also, perhaps, quite literally with emotion ammo.

Also, what counts as kills? I know in MGS3 that if you threw someone into a hazard, like an electric fence, it didn't count. Gekko and Scarabs are not kills, and the Beasts can be Railgunned and not count as long as I stun the Beauties. I know that much.

Don't shoot/slice dudes with lethal weapons, and don't explode things near dudes... that's pretty much it. Oh, just to be sure, don't tranq Frogs clinging to walls.

That first part of the Drebin chase is easy: Saiga-12, V-Rings, PMC's go flying -- don't even bother with the guys in the Powered Suits. Next part: be careful not to blast a guy in the face if he climbs up the front of the vehicle while you're blasting Gekko's.

Oh, and don't shoot either of the MGS's in the next 2 parts; just focus on the doors (aim high, to not hit PMC's) and Gekko's, the MGS's won't shoot you.

McNum

Hm, already learned something new. It has to say "Alert" for it to count. Got spotted by a Gekko in the opening and got kicked. But it didn't go to Alert Phase, so even though Snake got launched across the room by an enemy, he's still undetected.

Well, that's one of the difficult parts done. Next up: The rest of Act 1 and getting a militia disguise. Still playing on Naked Normal, though. Going no alerts on any difficulty will be hard enough for now.

Also, I downloaded the DLC Camos. Two of them stick out to me. Metal and Haven. Metal cuts incoming damage to 50% but has a Camo penalty, and Haven is 100% Camo when stationary, but you take double damage.

100% Camo rating? Isn't that basically invisible?

McNum

Heh, going for no alerts is a completely different game than just playing to get through. I had a few close calls, even one enemy call out ! "IT'S THE ENEM-Zzzz..." But most of them I just snuck past. I can see a few being really tough to get by on The Boss Extreme, but that's a headache for another day.

Well, so far, so good. Got to Drebin without being spotted. Or needing to reload the game. That's a new record. FaceCamo really helps. 99% Camo is useful.

Can the barrel be used for any stupid tricks? I'd think a "What the-?" is better than an alert, but maybe not.

Top Bottom