• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta PS5 Graphical Modes are 4K30FPS and 1080P/30FPS+

RoboFu

One of the green rats
They should start naming them graphics moods. They sure change a lot of peoples moods on here when announced. lol

Umbral

It seems pretty obvious at this point that we're shifting into a 2nd half of the console gen with 30 fps being more common. I guess you can cry about it, or get a PC.

Monster Hunter Wilds
Dragon's Dogma 2
Avowed
Metal Gear Solid Delta
Kingdom Come 2
Hellblade 2

Probably more to come. Just how it is. Best thing they can do is just make sure there's an uncapped mode at least and it'll likely run better next gen. Some might be able to polish it up with work post-launch, like Starfield and Plague Tale 2 did.
I choose option 3. I don’t buy the game. There are already too many games to play.

Killer8

You guys might want to avoid all of these other unplayable games that offer a 4K30 mode along with a lower res performance mode:

Alan Wake 2
Armored Core VI
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Assassin's Creed Mirage
Baldur's Gate 3
Black Myth: Wukong
Callisto Protocol
Control
Cyberpunk 2077
Dead Space
Demon's Souls
Diablo II Resurrected
Elden Ring
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Final Fantasy XVI
Forza Horizon 5
Ghostwire Tokyo
God of War Ragnarok
Grand Theft Auto V
Hogwarts Legacy
Horizon: Forbidden West
Lords of the Fallen
Lost Judgement
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
The Last of Us Part I
Lega Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Little Nightmares II
Microsoft Flight Simulator
Outer Wilds
A Plague Tale: Requium
Ratchet & Clink: Rift Apart
RoboCop: Rogue City
Sonic Frontiers
Spider-Man Remastered
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Spider-Man 2
Starfield
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Subnautica
Test Drive Unlimited
The Talos Principle 2
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Thankfully nothing of value is lost by avoiding games with that setup!

S0ULZB0URNE

9azuMIS.gif

What a bunch of cry babies, of course the performance mode is targeting 60 fps and I bet it’s delivering a solid experience even if it have some deeps…

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Didn't the original run at 60fps on the PS2? Or was that just MGS2?
MGS2 ran at 60fps, MGS3 kinda ran at 30fps
I'm not sure what the hoopla is about, people acting like this is....NEW?
we all knew it would have a 4k30fps Quality Mode and a Performance Mode with a lower res... just like every other game released since launch.

Radical_3d

Saw a preview, it’s exactly the same as original down to the shitty loading screens every five minutes lol, no gameplay deferences, what a waste,
I know UE struggles with open worlds but if you are segmenting the game as with the PS2 and manage to tank the performance is some serious BS here. Rushed development for a quick cash grab.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Stupid Xbox Series S.
I know you're probably just shit posting but you realize if Series S was holding this game back, the PS5/XSX version would probably be like 4k/60 or 1080p/120 or something right?.

It always makes me laugh when we get a struggling PS5 or XSX game and people quickly blame XSS without even realizing that it would actually be the reverse situation.

Gp1

Dude I still can’t believe this. This is a 1:1 remake of a fucking PS2 game. These areas are tiny, have maybe 8 enemy npc at most and a handful of animals. There’s literally nothing happening, how the fuck is this not running at 60?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
This generation is a joke, weak ass hardware
I do not think the HW is that weak, but many devs are not prioritising performance. Games are coming out on more platforms sooner though which is likely the cause of that (together with games costing a lot to make and customers not prioritising performance enough).

Boss Mog

It’s like people are NOT u der standing this. I said this the other day when people were dissing avowed for being 30FPS. As this gen pushes on and devs shoot for more complex and and more dense visuals, we are gonna be right back at 30FPS being the norm on consoles. T see… this is why I’m hoping the next Xbox will be a reference box that we can upgrade the parts for. Or I’ll just build such a box my damn self.

If people want 60FPS and 4K on everything, I say buy a PC. It’s better than people deluding themselves about the upper levels of these consoles abilities….. sure they can do 60FPS but not without compromise and the games that can run at 120 FPS but then you are back to 1080p….. always a compromise with consoles… on PC you can have it your way like Burger King. As long as you are willing to pay for that extra performance…. And that’s the other problem for console gamers…. Sometimes they expect a bit much from the 500 dollar boxes… just unrealistic expectations all round.
Try running Black Myth, Avatar or outlaws on 4090 at 4k.

60fps 4k is for 5090s
This game's visuals look pretty poor by current gen standards, it's no where near Wukong graphically. With the level of graphics on display here there is no excuse for at the very least 1440p/60. 1080p/better than 30 is completely unacceptable.

It's pretty clear that Konami no longer has the talent it used to. Most probably left with Kojima since Konami doesn't really seem to care about games anymore and would rather focus on slot machines. This is why they had to hire Virtuos as a support studio for this.

RickMasters

Try running Black Myth, Avatar or outlaws on 4090 at 4k.

60fps 4k is for 5090s

Yup. Just goes to show if that’s the level of hardware it takes to run this game at 60FPS and 4K…. What chance did the consoles ever have given their hardware limitations. As this gen presses on and devs ditch last gen, and focus on current gen, 30FPS will become the norm on console again for a while.

DanielG165

Absolutely, can't remember the last time I was positively impressed by a game's performance.
I can. Avatar genuinely impressed me with how rock solid the performance was on PC, while looking as good as it did. HB2 was another pleasant surprise for me.

EDIT: Expect more of this, though, especially as we see more and more current gen games release that slam the console hardware.

Last edited:
Top Bottom