• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta PS5 Graphical Modes are 4K30FPS and 1080P/30FPS+

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
PS5 PRO, PLEASE!!!!!! WHEN ARE YOU COMINGGG!!!???
Harry Potter No GIF

R6Rider

Gold Member
Dude I still can’t believe this. This is a 1:1 remake of a fucking PS2 game. These areas are tiny, have maybe 8 enemy npc at most and a handful of animals. There’s literally nothing happening, how the fuck is this not running at 60?
Because devs can't optimize for shit, especially eastern devs.

Mr Moose

It seems pretty obvious at this point that we're shifting into a 2nd half of the console gen with 30 fps being more common. I guess you can cry about it, or get a PC.

Monster Hunter Wilds
Dragon's Dogma 2
Avowed
Metal Gear Solid Delta
Kingdom Come 2
Hellblade 2

Probably more to come. Just how it is. Best thing they can do is just make sure there's an uncapped mode at least and it'll likely run better next gen. Some might be able to polish it up with work post-launch, like Starfield and Plague Tale 2 did.
Article doesn't say anything about this game being 30fps (except at dynamic 4k), the 30fps+ is OP clickbait.

finalflame

While 60fps would've been nice, I can't honestly think it'll make too much of a difference here. I'd be happy if it was a locked 30 at 4K, but alas, we know that is unlikely.

XXL

Where is that 1080p/30fps+ coming from?

I actually watched a preview this morning saying it will have a 60fps mode.

Edit - it was just posted above.

Last edited:
The lack of 1440p option on most console games still baffles me.

Also, not being able to keep constant 60fps... come on now, the game doesn't look that good.
They are rushing games out to meet deadlines, that's the main issue. I would not be surprised if a patched gets released months after launch and a 60 fps mode gets added.

But like I always say, if you care about FPS just get a PC.

Last edited:

Variahunter

It seems pretty obvious at this point that we're shifting into a 2nd half of the console gen with 30 fps being more common. I guess you can cry about it, or get a PC.

Monster Hunter Wilds
Dragon's Dogma 2
Avowed
Metal Gear Solid Delta
Kingdom Come 2
Hellblade 2

Probably more to come. Just how it is. Best thing they can do is just make sure there's an uncapped mode at least and it'll likely run better next gen. Some might be able to polish it up with work post-launch, like Starfield and Plague Tale 2 did.
Avowed has nothing in common with these games. It's pretty, but far from being beautiful or a technological hurdle to maintain 60 fps. It's just that Obsidian are not good on tech.

BlackTron

Getting a bit tired of multiple modes on console. I would get a pc if I want to tweak graphics. Just work on what you think will be the best experience.

4K TVs kinda make it necessary. Some people would be pissed their game looks grainy. People with modestly sized TVs will be pissed the game runs like ass because it has the headroom for x2 resolution. And we all know consoles are for TVs.

If 1440 was the current in vogue TV tech, it would have been a great thing for gaming. PC would be the place to get 4K and consoles could keep doing the job they do best.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Avowed has nothing in common with these games. It's pretty, but far from being beautiful or a technological hurdle to maintain 60 fps. It's just that Obsidian are not good on tech.

Avowed is using all the expensive UE5 suite features, Lumen, Nanite and VSM. Art style subjectivity aside. If that game gets a Performance mode, it'll be at the expense of cutting back one or more of those.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It has Unreal 5 in common. And being 30 fps.

I'm not claiming Avowed is the best looking game ever. I do think some parts of it look great though and it could surprise people

Last edited:

RickMasters

It's not tied to 30. The PS5 just simply can't do 60.

It’s like people are NOT u der standing this. I said this the other day when people were dissing avowed for being 30FPS. As this gen pushes on and devs shoot for more complex and and more dense visuals, we are gonna be right back at 30FPS being the norm on consoles. T see… this is why I’m hoping the next Xbox will be a reference box that we can upgrade the parts for. Or I’ll just build such a box my damn self.

If people want 60FPS and 4K on everything, I say buy a PC. It’s better than people deluding themselves about the upper levels of these consoles abilities….. sure they can do 60FPS but not without compromise and the games that can run at 120 FPS but then you are back to 1080p….. always a compromise with consoles… on PC you can have it your way like Burger King. As long as you are willing to pay for that extra performance…. And that’s the other problem for console gamers…. Sometimes they expect a bit much from the 500 dollar boxes… just unrealistic expectations all round.

Eimran

Unfortunately, they will
I know I'm being probably naive here and I have little faith in them...but so far everthing we saw from the game looks good.

They didn't change the cutscenes, implemented MGSV controls but gave the options to use the original control. So far they understand the 'If it ain't broken, don't fix it-mentality.

So I'll give them the benefit of doubt for now.

TrebleShot

It’s like people are NOT u der standing this. I said this the other day when people were dissing avowed for being 30FPS. As this gen pushes on and devs shoot for more complex and and more dense visuals, we are gonna be right back at 30FPS being the norm on consoles. T see… this is why I’m hoping the next Xbox will be a reference box that we can upgrade the parts for. Or I’ll just build such a box my damn self.

If people want 60FPS and 4K on everything, I say buy a PC. It’s better than people deluding themselves about the upper levels of these consoles abilities….. sure they can do 60FPS but not without compromise and the games that can run at 120 FPS but then you are back to 1080p….. always a compromise with consoles… on PC you can have it your way like Burger King. As long as you are willing to pay for that extra performance…. And that’s the other problem for console gamers…. Sometimes they expect a bit much from the 500 dollar boxes… just unrealistic expectations all round.
Try running Black Myth, Avatar or outlaws on 4090 at 4k.

60fps 4k is for 5090s

Danknugz

it's just the 30 fps vs 60 fps ignorance all over again. it used to be half of gamers thought 30 fps was cinematic and 60 fps looked fake. that is now shifted to consoles being super computers up there with neural networks and quantum computing.

Roxkis_ii

30 fps?
uMBjPFP.gif

Antidotically, 30 fps is a no buy in my friend group. It's too many other games to have to endure retro framerates.

Last edited:

Fbh

Gold Member
Wasn't particularly interested in this anyway. But if there's no 60fps it's straight into the bargain bin selection

Get ready for Native 30 FPS and Framegen 30+ FPS.

Man I was so naive when this tech was announced.
I was like "cool, with upscaling and frame gen devs will be able to target 1080p-1440p at 60fps and then upscale the image to make it look better and use frame gen to sort out any potential frame drops".

Instead it's increasingly more like
"so the game renders at 720p then gets upscaled to 1440p and we use framegen to increase the 35fps we are getting to 60fps!!!"

Last edited:

sendit

It has Unreal 5 in common. And being 30 fps.

I'm not claiming Avowed is the best looking game ever. I do think some parts of it look great though and it could surprise people

No amount of technology can make a Avowed look good. The game is artistically a disaster.

Killer8

So it's just like any other PS5 game that offers either 4K30 or a lower res at 60? What's the controversy here exactly?

VGC probably aren't technically minded enough to be able to say what the exact framerate was at 1080p. That's why they just said "higher".

Leave it to Digital Foundry or someone to judge it properly.

Top Bottom